Crafting

+
Hirelings. Job done. Companions generally feel so false. Perhaps CP2077 will change that.

Crafting still looks tedious to me. Perhaps differentiating between crafting and modding existing gear?
It should definitely just start with modding, I mean who wants to pay double what a gun is worth just to put in COT when you can do it yourself for just parts. The parts you just found lying on the street as you were walking around minding your own business as usual. Actual crafting would be at around skill level 6 or so, and making new items at around 8 and requiring competency in several fields.

Also I don't want you to be able to produce the super kryptonite atom smasher kill-o-matic, nothing that is a game breaker or over incentivizes crafting. So that if you decide that you want to specialize elsewhere you do not feel penalized. Who needs the BFG when you have a dozen street toughs willing to kill for your favor, and a sniper that can drill you a new cloaca right between the eyes from a mile off will make you dead before you even know to activate your super weapon.

Like most of the other discussions about options, I want it to be in the game and if you don't want to invest the IP into tech skills then don't, there should be tons of NPCs that will do it for you, ya just gotta pay for it.

Hirelings. Job done. Companions generally feel so false. Perhaps CP2077 will change that.

Crafting still looks tedious to me. Perhaps differentiating between crafting and modding existing gear?

That's what I said...and then you made me feel bad for saying it...

Why do you hurt me so?

Also I don't want you to be able to produce the super kryptonite atom smasher kill-o-matic, nothing that is a game breaker or over incentivizes crafting. So that if you decide that you want to specialize elsewhere you do not feel penalized. Who needs the BFG when you have a dozen street toughs willing to kill for your favor, and a sniper that can drill you a new cloaca right between the eyes from a mile off will make you dead before you even know to activate your super weapon.
I disagree. I want my epic loot, but it should have really rare materials. Like we should first raid few dragons and get their kidneys (Dragons have kidneys right?) and then use those organs and some jesustape(duct) to craft the BFG.... :p

Even if it is Mickey Mouse:p
Wait...

View attachment 959

...one of these each side of the sight and yeah, Mickey Mouse.

As for the codes being used for 3D printers/Auto-CAD machines, awesome idea. And it works. Programs in 2020 were often single use if I rememeber right. I don't see why the same could not apply to 3D printer data.

Attachments

• 100w-scope-mounted-rifle-lamp-175mm-413-p.jpg
    100w-scope-mounted-rifle-lamp-175mm-413-p.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 51
At least we all seem to be in agreement that Fallout New Vegas got the crafting right with regards to how they make ammo.

It seems to me, Fallout New Vegas did many things right. (Crafting, Companions, Repair System etc.) It's a good example to fallow.

It seems to me, Fallout New Vegas did many things right. (Crafting, Companions, Repair System etc.) It's a good example to fallow.
Yes and no on the repair system. I liked the use of other items for parts, but in some ways it made no sense. I hope in 2077 we get to repair damage with parts from the same type of item by breaking them down and using the specific parts, rather than using the whole thing. I also feel that general maintainance, (cleaning and inspecting,) should offset wear and tear on items. Well maintained weapons should also jam less often.

I think these same parts should be used in 'crafting'. If I have a barrel, reciever, bolt and trigger assembly for a specific weapon, I should be able to use an Auto-Factory to assemble it and make the rest of the parts with the Auto-Factory.

I really want homemade explosives too, so if i pick up the right chemicals I want to be able to make some. Not just molotovs but nitro and homemade semtex.

If I get hold of the right materials, I would like to make armour, electronics and programs. 2020 has the capacity in the source material to build just about anything from scratch. I know custom models for kit is probably beyind what we can hope for, though with suitable modding tools, I hope that will be a later option.

Yes and no on the repair system. I liked the use of other items for parts, but in some ways it made no sense. I hope in 2077 we get to repair damage with parts from the same type of item by breaking them down and using the specific parts, rather than using the whole thing. I also feel that general maintainance, (cleaning and inspecting,) should offset wear and tear on items. Well maintained weapons should also jam less often.

I think these same parts should be used in 'crafting'. If I have a barrel, reciever, bolt and trigger assembly for a specific weapon, I should be able to use an Auto-Factory to assemble it and make the rest of the parts with the Auto-Factory.

I really want homemade explosives too, so if i pick up the right chemicals I want to be able to make some. Not just molotovs but nitro and homemade semtex.

If I get hold of the right materials, I would like to make armour, electronics and programs. 2020 has the capacity in the source material to build just about anything from scratch. I know custom models for kit is probably beyind what we can hope for, though with suitable modding tools, I hope that will be a later option.

Yeah, pretty much this...

Top Bottom