Will there ever be Eve "Smasher"?

+
I posted this topic on [Reddit].

1621276050554.png

TLDR version: I think it would make a lot of sense for Alt Cunningham to be introduced in expansion as villain, being reborn as E.V.E. (EVolved Entity), using latest prototype level technology, advanced with wisdom and knowledge of millions of souls killed by soul-killer, combined with the AI which grew in cyberspace.

Alt Cunningham having different motive to help V could explain all the plot holes from Takemura somehow deciding to help you, or why Alt even bothering to help you (she says herself she has no interest helping V and that her only goal is to reach Mikoshi, which she already had tried multiple times). It would explain why you don't see Adam Smasher after escaping Konpeki Plaza (since protecting Mikoshi is his core functionality), it would explain how Evelynn and Dexter first came into contact with information regarding flathead robot.

And on top of this there would a be ton of biblical references you could make from the mainframe looking like a tree of knowledge to Adam (Smasher) being born before Eve in the Bible, how they basically lived under the servitude of God (companies like Arasaka considered as God), and Garden of Eden is the whole facility where they manufacture the technology.

Last edited:
Also, why bring characters like Alt and turn her into something completely different?
What do you mean? We don't really know her motives as she's entirely different entity, she said it herself.

Who else would be perfect candidate for the first general super intelligence trying to escape the cyberspace?

I mean realistically what are the odds of this happening to the same character? It would be like being hit by lightning twice, or Spider-Man being hit by radiation and turning into the Hulk
Didn't you just say it'd be cliché to even attempt this, and now that nobody would ever see that coming?

I don't think ANYONE else has made the connection of Adam Smasher being created as first mechanical human entity under God (where God is considered large company as Arasaka). Where exactly has this plot played out before?

Also 777 name refers to the God, is it a pure ACCIDENT that the name of the game is called Cyberpunk 2077. Perhaps the EVENTs in the game take on 7th month as well?

why would she be called "Smasher" that name is not some kind of mantle being passed around
Well obviously she wouldn't, that's why I put the name in quotes. The whole idea is that there already exists Adam, first human being who is a "full" robot being as much as is humanly possible, where Eve would be a way to push the boundaries further. So in that way they would be related, not by sharing some relationship.

Last edited:
So, it's interesting ;)
But there are a few details that bothers me a bit :
-Alt help V for destroy Mikoshi (only for that), because Arasaka have black ICE with her name on it (in short, Alt have no access to Arasaka before the end. She created armies to break in that failed).
-I'm pretty sure (i could say 80%) that the whale stays stranded next to the trashs until the end of the game (even if you loot the gun).
-Why Alt would come back in a destructible body (and therefore possibly "die") when she can just control it remotely. And so, if she can control one remotely, why settle for just one ? An army is better, isn't it ? (in "SkyNet" mode).
- Even better, why she couldn't directly control humans (like the Peralez) and let them kill each other. It seems more efficient to me :)

-Why Alt would come back in a destructible body (and therefore possibly "die") when she can just control it remotely. And so, if she can control one remotely, why settle for just one ? An army is better, isn't it ? (in "SkyNet" mode).
- Even better, why she couldn't directly control humans (like the Peralez) and let them kill each other. It seems more efficient to me :)
True. Maybe she would stay in cyberspace and control her physical being by remote. Why just one? Perhaps she would think it'd be waste of precious resources since her ultimate being is enough to defend entire armies to guard her core.

Maybe the ending goal would be the destruction of cyberspace and cutting her off the net, to become this weakened mortal being with far slower intelligence and ability to control her speed.

Maybe her end goal would be to use these cybernetics to take out lives of weak minded humans, rather than some poisonous gas.

I posted this topic on [Reddit].

View attachment 11218663

TLDR version: I think it would make a lot of sense for Alt Cunningham to be introduced in expansion as new villain, being reborn as EVE (or E.V.E. (you can figure out what it would stand for, maybe EVolved Entity)), a new being who is complete work of art, product of latest of the latest of prototype technology, advanced with artificial intelligence, who has full autonomy compared to traditional combat robot and is born with mix of human and AI.

Alt Cunningham having different motive to help V could explain all the plot holes from Takemura deciding to help you, why Alt even bothering to help you (because she's now past humanity in her super intelligence and would have little interest on helping V), it would explain how you even got out alive from the facility which was supposed to be guarded by private military. It would explain why you don't see Adam Smasher after escaping Konpeki Plaza, it would explain how Evelynn and Dexter first came into contact with information regarding flathead robot.

And on top of this there would a be ton of biblical references you could make from the mainframe looking like a tree of knowledge to Adam (Smasher) being born before Eve in the Bible, how they basically lived under the servitude of God (companies like Arasaka considered as God), and Garden of Eden is the whole facility where they manufacture the technology.

Remember when Dexter was called "Black Jesus of the Afterlife", maybe it could be that he is brought back by Arasaka 3 days later after dying, since he really knew who stole the secret technology. Correct me if I'm wrong but Dexter's body isn't there anymore when you come to revisit the trash place... or at least it wouldn't make much effect to code his body away for some future tweak.

So imagine EVE, this perfect being created by AI and human mind, would be keeping Dexter Deshawn alive in this prison he was sentenced into, where you also might see Jackie if you chose certain option after the heist and chose to help Hanako.

Also it would make some poetic sense as well since Kerry Eurodyne is alive and well in this universe. Maybe he, along with Rogue could be the KEY to help V in final mission to take out the new emerging villain in a similar mission that Johnny failed, when taking down Arasaka tower with nuke.

View attachment 11218669
It could even explain the the chase scene in beginning where driver just drives into a wall even when V doesn't fire a single bullet. They could just add a comment "well that was weird" and be later revealed to be something that Alt Cunningham made happen by rescuing V in that situation. Remember this chase happened just before meeting Dexter Deshawn, and what is the first mission he gives to you? Stealing the Relic from Yorinobu Asasaka!

What do you think about the idea?
What if Alt comes back as an evil AI called EVA Core...

1621254829495.png

Exactly, that's because Adam was simply his human real name, but you are the one trying to turn Adam Smasher into some creationist Adam and Eve biblical cliché, where is the originality?
I mean I'm not trying to suggest miracles here. The hints for this happening are already in the game.

It's like me suggesting in Lord of the Rings that it would be Gollum who will destroy the ring of power, and everyone would jump on me by claiming "that would completely go against his character.", and I would go detailed explanation how Frodo is going to use him to get to the mountain, loses the ring on conflict in the core of the mountain and Gollum nearly escapes with the ring before collapsing on his wound and taking the ring with him. I mean it's not EXACTLY word for word what happened, but is clearly something you could figure out as a POSSIBILITY based on what clues the plot gives you thus far.

We have 0 clues on what the real motives of Alt Cunningham is, why he even cares about Johnny at all at this point, and many other story points which seem like too strong evidence of just not to be co-incidence.

For example you've NEVER went to Konpeki Plaza before, Jackie has never went there, you get given this once in a lifetime opportunity to get into the hotel and steal this secret chip(which is supposedly very valuable but is instead kept in private on the top of the hotel rather than in Asasaka's main facility where the mainframe locates), and SURPRISE there's the freaking Emperor himself, Saburo Asasaka, who just by "co-incidence" just happens to get there in wrong time.

It would also explain why Adam Smasher can see you through mirror but isn't doing anything. In every other scenario he's pursuing you, it's only when you hide behind the mirror that he chooses not to do anyhing.

Of course some could point out that "Well... Adam Smasher doesn't really have to kill you because you're not trying to kill anyone", it's still pretty lame excuse why he doesn't say anything. He comments Evelynn's appearance just when she walks by, meanwhile he sees two frightened people behind the big TV screen and doesn't say anything.

I'm not trying to pull any strings here, I'm just merely trying to connect the dots.

Last edited:
I mean I'm not trying to suggest miracles here. The hints for this happening are already in the game.

It's like me suggesting in Lord of the Rings that it would be Gollum who will destroy the ring of power, and everyone would jump on me by claiming "that would completely go against his character.", and I would go detailed explanation how Frodo is going to use him to get to the mountain, loses the ring on conflict in the core of the mountain and Gollum nearly escapes with the ring before collapsing on his wound and taking the ring with him. I mean it's not EXACTLY word for word what happened, but is clearly something you could figure out as a POSSIBILITY based on what clues the plot gives you thus far.

We have 0 clues on what the real motives of Alt Cunningham is, why he even cares about Johnny at all at this point, and many other story points which seem like too strong evidence of just not to be co-incidence.

For example you've NEVER went to Konpeki Plaza before, Jackie has never went there, you get given this once in a lifetime opportunity to get into the hotel and steal this secret chip(which is supposedly very valuable but is instead kept in private on the top of the hotel rather than in Asasaka's main facility where the mainframe locates), and SURPRISE there's the freaking Emperor himself, Saburo Asasaka, who just by "co-incidence" just happens to get there in wrong time.

It would also explain why Adam Smasher can see you through mirror but isn't doing anything. In every other scenario he's pursuing you, it's only when you hide behind the mirror that he chooses not to do anyhing.

Of course some have pointed out that "well, Adam Smasher doesn't really have to kill you because you're not trying to kill anyone", it's still pretty lame excuse why he doesn't say anything. He comments Evelynn's appearance just when she walks by, meanwhile he sees two frightened people behind the big TV screen and doesn't say anything.

I'm not trying to pull any strings here, I'm just merely trying to connect the dots.
Well the chip was already stolen.

He will kill you if you are not hidden in the column so this is rather a reaction from the threat detection system
Yeah well he'll kill you even if you didn't have weapon while visible, and won't kill you if you had weapon when going inside the secret spot.

And of course they could rework the event slightly so that Yorinobu will just command Adam to pummel the introducers to death, and you'd be given option to run away, while his father arrives, Yorinobu would have to rush his plan for killing his father, and you leaving Jackie behind would leave him in the hands of Arasaka, with you escaping solo with the chip.

That sprinkled with few dialogue changes where V will act surprised that he's accused to killing Samuro, even when he didn't see the whole guy. It'd be only revealed to those players why he's being accused if you play the game with the original way it was designed.

Similar change could be done with clouds, where you're told to put down weapons, but been given chance to just go in guns blazing and get the information out of Evelynn's location. Just few small changes there and there to allow more player choice of how you'd want to approach given quest.

(I was able to abuse a bug which allowed me to enter into the facility without storing weapons and it felt so much better in 2nd playthrough)

Last edited:
Yeah well he'll kill you even if you didn't have weapon while visible, and won't kill you if you had weapon when going inside the secret spot.

And of course they could rework the event slightly so that Yorinobu will just command Adam to pummel the introducers to death, and you'd be given option to run away, while his father arrives, so basically Yorinobu would have to rush his plan for killing his father.

That sprinkled with few dialogue changes where V will act surprised that he's accused to killing Samuro, even when he didn't see the whole guy. It'd be only revealed to those players why he's being accused if you play the game with the original way it was designed.

Similar hostility change could be done with clouds, where you're told to put down weapons, but been given chance to just go in guns blazing and get the information out of Evelynn's location. Just few small changes there and there to allow more player choice of how you'd want to approach given quest.
Guns blazing scenario is great for an action movie, but V goes there just to look for information, nothing more. Once you get detected you can have your "gun-blazing way" and still get the information, but before this moment you don't have a reason to do this.

Regarding earlier message

Alt Cunningham asking "Why is it my problem" when confronted with V dying from the chip.

Like CLEARLY her helping V doesn't advance her goals in any way and clearly V is basically choosing to be used by her in failed attempt to save V's own life.

it would not be a bad idea to close certain events.

It also goes around my head that everything we play and we see is a recording,
And that would be the reason why we can advance time with image distortion.

Top Bottom