Doctor Who - The Next Doctor

+
I noticed that the Daily Mail article said that the reason they shouldn't have a female doctor is because parents would find it difficult to explain the sex change to their children. That argument is pure BS. He dies, and is reborn as a woman. What's difficult to explain about that, and what does it have to do with "explaining sex changes"?

I don't particularly want to see a female doctor, but I don't know why people have to invent dumb reasons to justify a personal preference.

When I was growing up quite a few kids got lost in the sewers looking for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. If you tell a kid that a guy died and came back as a woman, how many kids are going to try to copy that?

Never underestimate the stupidity pf the common man.

When I was growing up quite a few kids got lost in the sewers looking for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. If you tell a kid that a guy died and came back as a woman, how many kids are going to try to copy that?

I'd be more inclined to accept "because kids may kill themselves thinking it will turn them into a woman" than "because I'd have to explain sex-change to my kids". But I still think that the true reason is more likely to be "It's nothing to do with my kids, I just don't want a female Doctor".

I noticed that the Daily Mail article said that the reason they shouldn't have a female doctor is because parents would find it difficult to explain the sex change to their children. That argument is pure BS. He dies, and is reborn as a woman. What's difficult to explain about that, and what does it have to do with "explaining sex changes"?

I don't particularly want to see a female doctor, but I don't know why people have to invent dumb reasons to justify a personal preference.

That's not a reason, that stupidity. Television is not a babysitter and parents are the ones responsible for what TV programs their children should watch, not the TV channels. TV programs should not be bound to their idiocy.

But i'm still against the idea about changing the Doctors gender. Doctor is a male and he should stay that way.

Sadly, i agree. When i was in my late teens, there was an 8 year old kid who jumped from the balcony screaming "I'm pikachu". Kid died and parents started blaming Pokemon, screaming that it should be canceled. A week later i heard a 5 year old kid saying "Idiot jumped? But pikachu is a rat and rats cannot fly." (I swear he said something very close to that. With more cruel words.) I guess my point is, 5yr old kid was aware and smart, but 8 year old was not. I blame the parents.

Simon Pegg should be the next doctor, haha. Hm, actually, he would make a cool assistant.

And now a really expected answer for the next doctor - Benedict Cumberbatch.

Simon Pegg should be the next doctor, haha. Hm, actually, he would make a cool assistant.

I wouldn't mind seeing Benedict Cumberbatch as the Doctor. He is a good actor. I with he was the 11th Doctor and we never had to suffer Matt Smith.. How i hate him....

Well, it is more of a dislike..

I blame the parents.
I agree. There are no excuses for bad parenting. I also wasn't offering the 'stupidity' bit as a reason not to have a female doctor. I have no qualms about the ethnicity or sex of the next Doctor. my only requirement is that they do the role justice.

Simon Pegg - Too funny. you can't take him seriously. A good Doctor needs a combination of humour, wit and unhinged logic. Oh, and a damn good poker face.
David Tennent was an amazing Doctor for this very reason.

Benedict Cumberbatch has the right qualities, but I just don't feel the time is right for him to fulfill this role. Perhaps as number 13 or 14?

I wouldn't mind seeing Benedict Cumberbatch as the Doctor. He is a good actor. I with he was the 11th Doctor and we never had to suffer Matt Smith.. How i hate him....

Well, it is more of a dislike..
I didn't like him either to begin with. I think he matured with the role and he did alright.

Hmm, how about Sebastian Dunn

This photo is kind of inspirational about sort of Dr he would be- dryly witty, thoughtful, "chess master".

I agree. There are no excuses for bad parenting. I also wasn't offering the 'stupidity' bit as a reason not to have a female doctor. I have no qualms about the ethnicity or sex of the next Doctor. my only requirement is that they do the role justice.

I never suggested you did. Neither did i. Also, its not because i have qualms about ethnicity or the sex. What i'm really against is to change the Doctors gender for changes sake. (And to make some stupid people who never even watched the show happy.) I would be equally against changing a female character into make saying "because it would be cool".

Also i'm against changing the Doctors basic persona. The Doctor assumed male persona since his childhood and as it was stated by the show before, regenerating is a processes somewhat effected by the persons will. (They can even control it if they get the training for it.) There is absolutely no reason for Doctor to want to change his gender. And since he subconsciously effects his regenerations (Every time he regenerates, his new looks and especially his new personality is shaped by the events before his regeneration. He got younger and younger over time because of that and after time war, you get someone like 9th Doctor, short tempered and someone who doesn't afraid to get physical.) Time Lords rarely, if ever change their genders. (And if anyone even mentions those retarded "The Curse of Fatal Death" parody episodes, is going to get a smack in the head.. Several times..)

Benedict Cumberbatch has the right qualities, but I just don't feel the time is right for him to fulfill this role. Perhaps as number 13 or 14?

I guess you are right.. After Matt Smith disaster we need a strong one.(For the lack of a better word.) But i feel really strong about David Morrissey being the next Doctor. He has all the right stuff for the job.

I didn't like him either to begin with. I think he matured with the role and he did alright.

Sadly, his mature acting still looks silly.. And he still can't act properly.. I think he would fit better in a comedy show... ...where he doesn't have any lines..

The identity of the new Doctor was supposed to be revealed on the 7th of this onth at the Albert Hall during the Proms. Alas, it didn't happen and the BBC has stated that the casting for the role is still ongoing...

Wow, this topic got hot while i was away. :) So many great ideas.. Where to start!

Nah, the last Doctor was quite young, I think a more mature Doctor is in order this time.

First, this! I have to agree with this... Matt Smiths acting, even though it got matured over time, left a bit sour taste after a while. A more mature actor could add a lot to the show.

How about Tom Hiddleston? I would also love to see David Morrissey as the Doctor.

I would also love to see Helena Bonham Carter as a second or a replacement companion or a time lord.. She's just awesome in every possible way. (I would much rather if she replaced River Song entirely.. No offence to Alex Kingston but they picked THE WORST possible actress possible.)

Tom Hiddleston is a bit too famous to be the next doctor. (Thor and Avengers and all.) But i love the David Morrissey. He has proven his acting skills once again with the Walking Dead and he already was a great actor. Only problem though, didn't he already appeared in the show? (In one for or another.) I guess in a universe like the Doctor Who's, it wouldn't be much of a problem. (timey wimey wibbly wobbly regeneration stuff.)

I'm not sure about this, but how about Adrian Lester? He seemed like a good actor in Hustle.

Now, Adrian Lester could work as the Doctor, but i'm not certain if he has that special Doctor materiel..

Now, you had to say Simon Pegg, didn't you.. :D I think he is a good actor and he is funny as hell.. Well, maybe a bit too funny. But it could work.. Somehow..

But Benedict Cumberbatch is outright is an awesome actor. I feel he could add a lot to the role.

Benedict Cumberbatch has the right qualities, but I just don't feel the time is right for him to fulfill this role. Perhaps as number 13 or 14?.

Sounds about right. This time around, we could use a better, more mature doctor. Benedict Cumberbatch might be just missing that something made David Tennant awesome.

The identity of the new Doctor was supposed to be revealed on the 7th of this onth at the Albert Hall during the Proms. Alas, it didn't happen and the BBC has stated that the casting for the role is still ongoing...

I'm not sure if this is true, but i think they decided not to reveal 12th Doctors identity until 2014. (They are claiming they didn't even pick the 12th doctor as of yet.) We will see. :)

First, this! I have to agree with this... Matt Smiths acting, even though it got matured over time, left a bit sour taste after a while. A more mature actor could add a lot to the show.

I do not feel his acting ever got matured. He only got less silly. Even then, he was too silly to notice the difference.

Top Bottom