Cyberpunk Character Builder/Manager

+
Yes I would love it if it had a custom career system as there are so many out there, it would also help if you could add custom skills. I like what I see don't get me wrong please let us know whenever it gets an update.

Oh wow, I took a look, that's insane! He wrote the majority of the rules on his own I assume? Wisdom, you're a machine.

Thanks.... It's a rewrite of the rules, fixing the problems, adding new rules, streamlining the existing ones... It's a constant work in progress, and while most of the work is mine, it had plenty of contributors, as it's also a compilation of lots of house rules gathered over the years.

-Custom Life paths and manual life path control for people who want to use this after already starting a character.

At least that's whats on my list for the week... Then maybe I'll be able to finish the net runner stuff haha

Cheers,
Gyrix

This might help...
http://datafortress2020forums.110mb.com/filegallery/4images/details.php?image_id=1393

Ignroe the IU bits if you like, but it also contains all the various lifepaths from the books (Pac Rim, Protect And Serve, Interface, Home Of The Brave) as well as some of the better lifepaths from the net...

This might help...
http://datafortress2020forums.110mb.com/filegallery/4images/details.php?image_id=1393

Ignroe the IU bits if you like, but it also contains all the various lifepaths from the books (Pac Rim, Protect And Serve, Interface, Home Of The Brave) as well as some of the better lifepaths from the net...

Every time I try to open the character generation file, it says it's corrupt :S

-----------

So I finished adding in most of the customization stuff. Save for a few more changes I have to make it should all be there;
-Custom Life Paths
-Manual Life Path entry
-Custom Weapons
-Custom Armour
-Custom Skills
-Custom Roles
-Custom Vehicles

Some notes:
-Custom items are in, but they don't do anything in the application itself. So you can take a look at it if you want but nothing you make inside of it will do anything yet.
-You can only make/load up to 18 custom skills, because that's all I could fit onto the remaining space in that UI >.<;
-The Custom Life Path UI may look a little overwhelming, but if you think about how complicated life paths can be it was the best way I could think of to implement it. If you play around with it for a while I'm sure you would figure it out.
-Everything that's custom created is saved in respective folders located in the same directory as the main builder file.
-Editing (Loading) skills isn't in yet. I'll do it soon.
-Editing (Loading) Life Paths isn't in yet. I'll do it soon.

New version: http://www.2shared.com/file/4Wzc-19E/CyberPunkCharacterBuilder_v1_3.html
Direct Link:http://dc654.2shared.com/download/4Wzc-19E/CyberPunkCharacterBuilder_v1_3.rar?tsid=20130823-105207-bea58195

I still plan to add more.
Also, when I do add more, it's very likely that the changes I make will cause any customization's you make to fail when loading into new versions of the app (This is one of the problems with Java serialization :p). So for now just play around, and if you feel like it's good enough you can go ahead and use it :)

If you find any bugs (Very likely considering how much I added/changed, and I'm just a single guy :p) ... But I tried my best to reduce the chances of catastrophic ones >.<

Questions or comments; I'll answer as quickly as I can.

Cheers,
Gyrix

Dunno what to tell you mate, it opens just fine for me. Is your PDF reader up to date?

It is, :S.. doesnt work at home or at work.

-------

I've fixed a lot of bugs (and finished the generic item crafting) that cropped up in that version but I'm not going to post an updated one until net running is working.
http://i.imgur.com/YP408dp.png
http://i.imgur.com/Fnywy8L.png
http://i.imgur.com/68SZfyj.png

I was attempting to integrate the actual net running rules into it, and got pretty far until I realized I would have to effectively create a semi-smart computer ai to fight players if I wanted to attempt to speed up Net running (let players work net running out through the app while other players got to fight in real space). This wold take way too long (A lot of people don't appreciate how long it takes to develop a good anti-player computer in games these days >.<) ... So I ended up finding an old post by Wisdom that recommended Run.Net rules as an alternative, which would be way easier to implement. But before I go crazy with it, is it still one of the more solid netrunning alternatives? Or should I be looking at something else?

Cheers,
Gyrix

Great work Gyrix, I really can't wait to see the end product.

Do you plan to add an ability to export a character sheet from the data once it is filled out?

That's a good idea. I had looked into it a while back but was turned off by the amount of work it is to actually generate a proper good looking PDF without using a reporting engine. But since I'm nearly done netrunning I will have a bit of free time and I'll definitely give it a go.

Cheers,
Gyrix

Okay, here's a new semi-final version of the App: Cyberpunk Builder v1.4.1

- Fixed a large number of bugs
- Added netrunning using the Run Dot Net rules (with some very minor changes)
- Added application theme selection (Under the customization's menu)
- Added PDF exporting to the classic Cyberpunk Sheet (If someone has a newer better one I can add that)

If anyone has anymore questions or comments please don't hesitate to ask!

Cheers,
Gyrix

Wow, it's working great. Only 2 things that I can see that I would like to see if possible.

Character points. Is it possible to make that custom? In my games that is usually a lot lower cause I normally want characters that are younger and don't have a lot of experience behind them. With 70 points almost all the stats can be 8's which doesn't leave room for growth. Or even much real challenge.

Same thing with career and pickup skill points. Making them custom will help since I use a homebrewed character gen process where people can get higher and lower points based upon different lifepath choices I roleplay with them before the real game starts.

Heck even if you can't it's still a great program. Thanks alot for your hard work. :)

Character points. Is it possible to make that custom? In my games that is usually a lot lower cause I normally want characters that are younger and don't have a lot of experience behind them. With 70 points almost all the stats can be 8's which doesn't leave room for growth. Or even much real challenge.
You don't have to spend all 70. Most of my games were limited to between 50 and 60. I've made a couple of characters and I just don't spend the full 70.

Same thing with career and pickup skill points. Making them custom will help since I use a homebrewed character gen process where people can get higher and lower points based upon different lifepath choices I roleplay with them before the real game starts.
This would be a nice option.

Now if only there was a an output format... Spreadsheet, Word Document, PDF...

It's the only major thing left I think.

Wow, it's working great. Only 2 things that I can see that I would like to see if possible.

Heck even if you can't it's still a great program. Thanks alot for your hard work. :)

Both are good points. I can definitely give it a go next week, shouldn't be all that hard to change. Although any changes I make can technically be changed at will by whoever is using the program, so make sure people don't try to cheat ;P

Also, thanks :D

Now if only there was a an output format... Spreadsheet, Word Document, PDF...

It's the only major thing left I think.

Well there is an export to PDF option, that just dumps the info into the old character sheet (and saves it same folder as the EXE). But I'm not a fan of that old char sheet, so I was planning on having a more robust compact one added in. I can add an Export to Word Doc and Excel sheet as well, however this will be much much more difficult. All three will take a bit of time as I'll have to make them from scratch unless I can find a good layout to work it.

Also all 3 formats require I learn a new formatting library, the PDF one was easy because PDF's are somewhat built to be manipulated by software. An excel sheet shouldn't be too hard since I already wrote an engine for it that's used in my actual job so i can just steal that haha. Word Doc will be hit or miss.

Anymore suggestions or comments and I'll add them to my list of stuff to do :)

Cheers,
Gyrix

Ah, I hadn't realised there was a pdf export already. Awesome!

I only suggested the word and excell options because I figured they would be easier than PDFs. If they aren't then I wouldn't bother.

Would be nice to have the customized stuff generated into a tab-delimited text file or maybe a xml file. Also, I would suggest making a master file for each of the folders instead of having individual items generate a new file.
But loving it so far. Great job!

Top Bottom