The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt IS OFFICIAL!

+
Oh yeah? I'll arm wrestle you both at the same time!

Maybe my monitor isn't doing it justice. Don't get me wrong, I still think it looks bloody amazing. I love the part in the shadowed alleyway where Geralt lops off that guy's arm. I can envision '77 looking a bit like that in between the tall buildings.

Slim has been drinking again. The blood of drunk people, of course. Drunk, slightly feverish people.

Anyway.

http://www.destructoid.com/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-keeps-looking-better-and-better-267112.phtml

"CD Projekt RED's open-world expedition, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, is easily at the top of my most anticipated games of 2014 list (sorry Titan Fall) and the latest trailer shown off during last night's VGX show only has me even more hyped. If that is indeed possible"

When 2077 stuff starts hitting in a year or two, we're gonna get swamped. We'll need some safe words and tight teamwork to get out of this alive, people!

And, everyone, please note that when CDPR is ready, they do hand out trailers and details, even a year ahead of time. So, CP2077 stuff is coming, just not for awhile.

Forum veteran
I wouldn't say it looks the same (the lighting seems to be quite a bit more realistic, and the textures improved somewhat), but the actual models seem to be in about the same place quality-wise. Definitely nowhere near the leap from 1 to 2.

We'll need some safe words and tight teamwork to get out of this alive, people!
My go-to safe word is "more." It makes kinky situations a bit confusing at times, but a safe word should always be one syllable to avoid having to yell out something more complex like "phenomenon" while someone is trying to cram something inside of you.

You guys find the TW3 screen shots that look better than that.

Hmm. My safe word was, "cranberry sauce". No idea why.

I like the detail, the visceral feel to the W3 imagery. Also notice how the textures on the gatehouse roof just pop out, as opposed to the somewhat...blurred examples in your top shot.

Now, Witcher 2 had some great armour, but honestly, I felt that the lighting of it left a little to be desired and it didn't feel as full as it should on first glance. I don't feel that way with this W3 Geralt, even with his weird torso-squeezing armour. His hair on the other hand, could use some work.

Notice the detail on the railing he is unwisely perched on? How the different material of his clothes reflects the light so nicely?

These shots hold their detail close up too, which is nice.

It's not that W2 isn't gorgeous, it's more that W3 is just as gorgeous and has more detail, little touches and fulsomeness. It looks great regardless of whether you are showing a pretty sunset scene or an ugly fight in a forest with wolves.

Also notice the sophistication of the shadows in W3, too. W2 had some great shadow uses but W3 looks crazy-comprehensive. So crazy in fact, it's probably not very fair to compare the playable W2 with the not-yet-played W3. we should -really- be making these comparisons about three months after W3 comes out, when it has been performance and bug fixed.

Is it a date?

Edit: GODDAMNIT, I can feel the hype building! I was going to avoid W3 stuff for a year!

Is that..that looks like a swamp!

THANK YOU SOMEONE ELSES GOD!

Just what we needed - more wetland adventure!

Looked fine to me.

A quibble: the blood needs work. Seems very...splurgy.

Also, come on, Red! Xbox One, PS4 and THEN PCDVD? We're last?! Hurtful!

the best parts of the article about the Witcher 3, which are also interesting for CP2077

As always, we aim for the highest graphics quality, and this naturally imposes limitations.

We’re working to make destructibility an important part of the game. We don’t want to add something just for the sake of technology, therefore we’re analyzing the many situations in which players will be able to interact with objects in the game world.

We’re working to make destructibility an important part of the game. We don’t want to add something just for the sake of technology, therefore we’re analyzing the many situations in which players will be able to interact with objects in the game world.

Hello rocket launcher breaching.

Top Bottom