V1.52 - Fenrir quirk

+
I am currently L25 Street 42... I've been using Fenrir with the PAX non-lethal mod... Suddenly, at some point recently, it stopped IDing... When I point at it, I don't get the popup info window any more. Also, if I select it and point at another weapon in inventory, I don't get the comparison window. All other weapons work fine. It isn't the PAX mod, because I put one of those in another submachine gun, and that still works fine.

This only started within the last couple of levels, before that it worked fine. The weapon functions perfectly, I just can't look at its stats...
Has anyone else seen this?? Is there any way to fix it?

I suppose it's like before, at some point the "description window" is too high for the screen, so it is not longer displayed. And the "comparaison" is also affected unfortunately.
It's mostly the case with iconic weapons (above all, in legendary with scope, silencer and 4 mods installed).

As far as I know, there is nothing that you can do by your own to fix it. You can report it to the support if you don't use mods and if it's not already done.
(Closest category, "Contact Us" button)

I suppose it's like before, at some point the "description window" is too high for the screen, so it is not longer displayed. And the "comparison" is also affected unfortunately. It's mostly the case with iconic weapons (above all, in legendary with scope, silencer and 4 mods installed).

As far as I know, there is nothing that you can do by your own to fix it. You can report it to the support if you don't use mods and if it's not already done.
(Closest category, "Contact Us" button)
Interesting... yet Fenrir does *not* have 4 mods, only 2, plus scope and silencer... also, I haven't modified it for quite a while now.
It's too bad I can't remove the mods to test this... <sigh>

When you say "it's like before", are you saying that this has been seen by others??

When you say "it's like before", are you saying that this has been seen by others??
I mean that it's something which is present since release :(
To be sure, try remove scope and silencer and if you can craft CRUNH mod, try to replace the mods by this one (only one "line of text for this mod". For me, it always happen with Archangel (Kerry's gun) because the description is way too high.
PS : Maybe you activated a perk which activate one line of stats for all SMGs ?

You can also disable the comparaison. It don't make Fenrir description appear, but at least you would be able to see the description for other weapons.
Post automatically merged:

Edit :
Look my "regular" Overture. It's almost too high, the top is "glitched" in the menu. With legendary Overtures (Kerry's or River's), there is more text at the bottom (and more stats/effects/abilities), so the description no longer appear :(

Last edited:
@LeKill3rFou - Ahhhh!!! Excellent idea, I should have thought of removing the scope and silencer, I was focused on the other two that I *can't* remove. I'll try that out!!

As far as the other items, I don't have any problems with anything else, except when I try to compare vs Fenrir...

In any case, I mainly wanted to understand what was going on; now that you've explained the situation, Fenrir itself is not that critical; I'm reaching a point in the game where I'm finding more capable weapons than it...

//***********************************
Yep, absolutely confirmed... if I remove either of the (scope | silencer), then the window appears again... and just like your image, the text at the top of the window is clipped... okay, now I understand what is going on...

It's really a shame that they don't offer some form of font scaling in these dialogs... I have a 30" 2560x1600 screen, so the menu texts are actually too large to be attractive anyway... if I could scale the font down a few points, all of these issues would be eliminated...

Last edited:
Only time I've had this issue was in VR. It's as if the description box doesn't fit the resolution that you've set your game at.

Top Bottom