2.0 Non-lethal is now impossible

+
You can't just slap a PAX mod onto any weapon. The weapon has to have a specific slot in order to fit it. Scope and Sight slots cannot be fitted with PAX.

And as I've mentioned in earlier posts, Tier 1 and 2 weapons do not have slots that accommodate the PAX mod. Plus stores usually only carry one PAX mod and do not restock them, forcing players to be extra picky on whether they should apply it to the first weapon that allows for a PAX mod, or save it so they can continue upgrading it to it's top tier rating and apply it to a higher level weapon. Once you apply a PAX mod you cannot remove it.
You can slap it onto any non-Iconic item. Mod slots are T2+ or T3, so pre-10, you may have to pistol whip or shoot them in the kneecaps or use hacks, or beat them with a bat. Bat is my personal choice. Wilson at your main apartment building will restock them every single day and even at level 1 (Well, you're 2 by then, but still), you can buy a white one for 420 eddies. Can't use it yet, which is weird tbh, but it does exist and it is usable and it is super duper consistent. There's only a few vendors that will sell PAX, but Wilson at your apartment is one of them and he, in my experience, always has one. I even loaded a fresh save with 20 minutes in it, bought one off Wilson just to reconfirm it, then skipped a day and another sat in its place. Went back to the save, bought it again, skipped a day, was there again. He sells it consistently.

I did find the PAX mod makes out of combat dmg higher :p That 20% counters the -from using silencers.

Jeyl

Forum regular
You can slap it onto any non-Iconic item. Mod slots are T2+ or T3, so pre-10, you may have to pistol whip or shoot them in the kneecaps or use hacks, or beat them with a bat.

Yes, those are alternate methods, but they're not that much fun when you consider that you could just have any weapon be non-lethal almost from the start. I could use Katanas, throwing knifes and any kind of gun before I hit level 6. One build I even used target analysis all the way up to The Heist until I got Yorinabu’s pistol from his penthouse. Once I got it, I applied a PAX to it and removed the target analysis so I could get extra headshot damage back. Now you can't apply PAX to it at all

And not being able to throw a PAX onto an iconic weapon is also an issue since non-lethal players have no reason to pursue them. The one mod I am praying the mod community will implement someday is one that will just a single slot to all iconic weapons so I can use the bloody things. And not all weapons, even T2+ will have slots, let alone ones that aren't already in use.
Post automatically merged:

Here's a recently released mod that should allow PAX to be installed on all ranged iconic weapons.

Mod slots for ranged Iconic weapons

Last edited:
The non-lethal optics cyberware mod has been removed, and all gun mods take 2x of the previous rarity to craft.

So, if you did not randomly find the Common Pax crafting spec before getting past level ? 10 ?, then it is impossible to craft ANY Pax mods. All of this means that non-lethal guns are now nearly non-existent in the game.

Stealth: This applies to silencers as well.
You can still get Pax mods and Silencers of any rarity using a super hard exploit called “Purchasing from Weapons Vendors”

Jeyl

Forum regular
You can still get Pax mods and Silencers of any rarity using a super hard exploit called “Purchasing from Weapons Vendors”
What do silencers have to do with non-lethal gameplay? You can mod a Light Machine Gun with PAX and mow down a whole street with zero casualties. Silencers do not play a factor in non-lethality. And once again, not every weapons vendor sells PAX and those that do pretty much only sell one. When you're starting to get high enough in level and are able to craft Tier 5 items, suddenly you realize that you have to go to every one of these weapon vendors, buy a PAX mod, craft it to the maximum tier and place it on one single weapon. Want to apply another Tier 5 PAX mod to another weapon you got? You've got to do the whole buying PAX from weapon vendors all over again.

A lot of tedious work could be elevated if they simply allowed players to remove the PAX mod and apply it to something else.

Yeah unfortunately you have to use what drops if you miss the spec (as I did as well). I just use Cottonmouth now and I oddly got a T4 SMG to drop with double non-lethal mods lol. I have many other guns that have dupe mods on them. 2.1 or 2.0 has done some whacky stuff to the game. Also I tested the SMG it is in fact non-lethal I used it in Pieces to not kill her ex.

I definitely found pax pre 2.02, but it was blue or purple. Had a significant positive damage tweak too.

Jeyl

Forum regular
Good news for non-lethal players in 2.1.
  • Crafted weapons can now have up to two mod slots. Please note that this change won’t affect weapons crafted prior to this patch.

• Increased the availability of mods in weapon vendors' stock, Pax mod will be always available.
Emphasis mine. Definitely a step in the right direction since players will no longer have to go all over the city looking for one single PAX mod to be available at one vendor and crafted weapons having slots now.

Except all cyberware optics no longer come with slots. Even if you had the 'Target Analysis' mod, there'd be no where to put it.
Lol, of course the mod existing means there should be means to use it. It wouldn't be a mod otherwise.

Jeyl

Forum regular
Lol, of course the mod existing means there should be means to use it. It wouldn't be a mod otherwise.
Sadly, for those who continued their pre-2.0 games in 2.0 found that still had theur 'Target Analysis' mods in their inventory had no way of using it.

If there is ever going to be a new method that makes a wide array of weapons non-lethal, I think a good place to start would be adding a non-lethal skills in the skill tree. Each tree would affect the specific weapon type that the tree normally enhances, like COOL would affect pistols and throwing knifes. And even though it's not technically at the very start of the game, I'd have the non-lethal skill at the very bottom of the skill tree so players can pick which weapons they want to be non-lethal the moment they get their first perk point.

And just because I like sharing ideas, I would add another skill into the 'Relic' tree that would make non-lethal play styles so powerful that it renders knocked out opponents invincible so they wouldn't be killed by an accidental double tap or nearby explosions.

Top Bottom