2.0 Non-lethal is now impossible

+
The non-lethal optics cyberware mod has been removed, and all gun mods take 2x of the previous rarity to craft.

So, if you did not randomly find the Common Pax crafting spec before getting past level ? 10 ?, then it is impossible to craft ANY Pax mods. All of this means that non-lethal guns are now nearly non-existent in the game.

Stealth: This applies to silencers as well.

i do atm on the old way ,
hack and shoot on lower body .
but indeed a non lethal option with weapon have been left on this patch .
they even remove dialog from fixer when doing a jobs by killing all targets xD
what i feel on this patch , an update focus on action and not on RP/immersive stuff
they add some cools stuff , but they also remove some cool stuff .

Yes 2.0 favors ' Going Loud ', look at all the abilities. If picking for ranged weapon stealth, you will be left with spendable points, nearly 15 and even attributes left over.

i do atm on the old way ,
hack and shoot on lower body .
but indeed a non lethal option with weapon have been left on this patch .
they even remove dialog from fixer when doing a jobs by killing all targets xD
what i feel on this patch , an update focus on action and not on RP/immersive stuff
they add some cools stuff , but they also remove some cool stuff .

I didn't notice any removed dialog from any of the gigs, and cyberpsycho jobs still want you to do non-lethal. But, I did notice that none of the Quickhacks say "Non-Lethal" anymore, so it is impossible to tell which will kill a target.

But, I did notice that none of the Quickhacks say "Non-Lethal" anymore, so it is impossible to tell which will kill a target.
I've discovered that Short Circuit at least can be non-lethal; finished a couple of psychos with it (they were left with 1% HP, but were neutralized).
I'm not sure, but it seems to me I never kill enemies whom I finish with that particular quickhack; aiming at them with a gun shows them as red rather than blue.

I've discovered that Short Circuit at least can be non-lethal; finished a couple of psychos with it (they were left with 1% HP, but were neutralized).
I'm not sure, but it seems to me I never kill enemies whom I finish with that particular quickhack; aiming at them with a gun shows them as red rather than blue.
Right, I have had to switch to punching (zero skills in this), or my knowledge from previous version that Short Circuit is probably not doing to kill them.

You still have non-lethal quickhacks, melee, and stealth takedowns. I don't mind the changes to weapons since non-lethal guns are an oxymoron. Unless you're shooting someone with BB pellets they probably aren't going to survive being shot multiple times.
A couple of the tech weapons do fire BBs, read each weapon's description fluff.

Cyberpsycho are an "exception", since quite a while, they can't be kill directly ;)
No matter what weapon you used (lethal or not), they fall unconscious first. They die only if you hit them once again.

Cyberpsycho are an "exception", since quite a while, they can't be kill directly ;)
No matter what weapon you used (lethal or not), they fall unconscious first. They die only if you hit them once again.
I did mention I have noticed SC does not kill regular enemies, either.

Yep, I was just talking about cyberpsychos who can't be kill anyway, no matter what you use :)
But if I remember, Short Circuit was always meant to be non lethal.
only the case short circuit can kill a target , its a dot dmg if the player launch short cicruit and during the dot dmg add other direct dmg , the target can be dead at the end ... i've done this mistake many times on my first playtrough . now i usually aim the body/leg and when there's less half health , just quick hack dot .. and the target down at 1Hp ^^

In fact, I've had such moments at some point. In my experience, given strong-enough weapon, cyberpsychos can be killed without the middle step. The mod that renders attacks non-lethal was salvation.

In fact, I've had such moments at some point. In my experience, given strong-enough weapon, cyberpsychos can be killed without the middle step. The mod that renders attacks non-lethal was salvation.
Honestly, the last time I play (1.61), I used my Quazar fully upgraded level 50, all 4 mod slots filled with crackers and 2 bullets per shot ability (4 bullets in reality^^), which is the most powerfull handgun you can possibly get in game. And I didn't kill any without particularely paying attention to life. I just stopped firing when they were down :)

Little detail : I always removed my legendary short circuit before the fight, because if the very last bullet deal a critic, the short circuit is applied after they are down and could possibly kill them.

Last edited:
Honestly, the last time I play (1.61), I used my Quazar fully upgraded level 50, all 4 mod slots filled with crackers and 2 bullets per shot ability (4 bullets in reality^^), which is the most powerfull handgun you can possibly get in game. And I didn't kill any without particularely paying attention to life. I just stopped firing when they were down :)

Little detail : I always removed my legendary short circuit before the fight, because if the very last bullet deal a critic, the short circuit is applied after they are down and could possibly kill them.
If you have a 1.63 game save of what you've got, I might be able to compare the two. I've got both my latest gameplay and 1.63 still running.

If you have a 1.63 game save of what you've got, I might be able to compare the two. I've got both my latest gameplay and 1.63 still running.
I didn't play in 1.63 and removed all my saves. My save tab is completely empty, ready to play in two days :giggle:

I say a second to Overture pre-2.0 with Burya behind Quazar

I didn't play in 1.63 and removed all my saves. My save tab is completely empty, ready to play in two days :giggle:
I see. Well, it looks like we are in the lands of talk about our pastimes. See, it's a bit offputting for other parties when their accounts are straight-out denied. There is the option to explore them, or take them in as odd things that may have even been game issues.

Let's say that, at some point, convincing one single person that I struggled to keep cyberpsychos alive till I had the Kiroshi mod slotted in just isn't worth it.

Top Bottom