What game are you currently playing

+
Ok I'm quite "salty", but fine... Wasteland 3, really good so far, except the damn "Holy Detonation DLC", which is in my opinion, very bad (and I mean very, very bad...). And unfortunately, no way to unsinstall it and still playing with my current save, so... I have to start a new run and scrap my +50h save...
But not the end of the world, it's not like if I'd paid this DLC separately :giggle:

Ok I'm quite "salty", but fine... Wasteland 3, really good so far, except the damn "Holy Detonation DLC", which is in my opinion, very bad (and I mean very, very bad...). And unfortunately, no way to unsinstall it and still playing with my current save, so... I have to start a new run and scrap my +50h save...
But not the end of the world, it's not like if I'd paid this DLC separately :giggle:

I loved the base game and planned to replay it once the DLC Dropped. But both of them got horrendous reviews - so I haven't picked the game back up.

I loved the base game and planned to replay it once the DLC Dropped. But both of them got horrendous reviews - so I haven't picked the game back up.
I keep "The Battle of Steeltown". Not the best, but I enjoyed it :)
But crap, Holy Detonation have a lot of content that I hated... Holy radiations, combat "mechanics", story which is "meh",... So after few hours, I just search how to get out the Cheyen Mountain and delete the DLC :D

"WHAT GAME ARE YOU CURRENTLY PLAYING"

Nowadays Conan Exiles. The freaking game all of sudden plays our original game save after 3 years crashing. Still can't believe my eyes.

Forums,forums never change... I didn´t want to go into "classic" vs 3D hot topics buuut I will say:

Fallout,

Fallout:NV

Fallout 2

But since my company doesn´t understand the concept of "Fallout anniversary", I doubt I will have time to play all 3 and I replayed more recently New Vegas so I will go to Fallout 2
If you wont light the fire I will... and here comes a controversial one.

Fallout 4 (with some mods I made for it)
Fallout 3
(never played 1,2 or NV... and gonna start that up anymore either)

And no, its not particulairly for the story... but I love to make settlements, so I will use all of non-Boston area to plant my little hubbytowns while being a secret agent with an army at my command and a building filled with advanced miltary shit.
Yes... the Wasteland dreaded the day I saw unthawed :)

[Edit]
Currently I'm switching between a little FO4, but mostly playing Civ 6 now.

KotOR II for the umpteenth time. Apparently it's been 5 or 6 years since my last run :eek:
That game keeps delivering no matter how much time passes, the sign of a true masterpiece.

I think I too need to get scolded by Kreia and crush on the Handmaiden yet again...

If you wont light the fire I will... and here comes a controversial one.

Fallout 4 (with some mods I made for it)
Fallout 3
(never played 1,2 or NV... and gonna start that up anymore either)

And no, its not particulairly for the story... but I love to make settlements, so I will use all of non-Boston area to plant my little hubbytowns while being a secret agent with an army at my command and a building filled with advanced miltary shit.
Yes... the Wasteland dreaded the day I saw unthawed :)

[Edit]
Currently I'm switching between a little FO4, but mostly playing Civ 6 now.
Heresy,Bethesda nu-Fallouts!!!

On a more serious note, yesterday i've found this nice video about Fallout 3 and Tim Cain opinion:

So its different people with different tastes-the different family rising the kid differently-,but the 3D would have happened sooner or later even if Interplay retained the franchise or Troika would have won the bid over Bethesda . Last troika game was Bloodlines and Arcanum 2 was intended to be 3D also.

Ok, so Wasteland 3 finished...I tried (very hard) to play as good guys, but honestly, I'm not sure that my little visit to the Colorado has been beneficial for the population :giggle:
20-10-2022_07-18-31-yz0wucwp.jpeg 20-10-2022_07-18-40-xgeeulle.jpeg 20-10-2022_07-18-49-hgebigcr.jpeg

Heresy,Bethesda nu-Fallouts!!!

On a more serious note, yesterday i've found this nice video about Fallout 3 and Tim Cain opinion:

So its different people with different tastes-the different family rising the kid differently-,but the 3D would have happened sooner or later even if Interplay retained the franchise or Troika would have won the bid over Bethesda . Last troika game was Bloodlines and Arcanum 2 was intended to be 3D also.
Yes well, I didn't jump into Fallout until 2013-ish and my first game was Fallout 3. New Vegas somehow passed me by and then came along Fallout 4.
So life goes I suppose.

Fallout and Fallout 2 are two of my favorite games of all-time. I'd rank the Fallouts (that I have played):

1. Fallout 2
2. Fallout
3. Fallout New Vegas
4. Fallout 3
5. Fallout 4

I finished the rest of the games and they are all among my favorite of all-time... except for Fallout 4. I have tried to play Fallout 4 about five times and I can just never get into it, even though I want to. I find the characters to be bland, the settlement building to be a joke and the locations to be uninspiring. With the disaster that was Fallout 76 I just honestly don't think Bethesda gets what Fallout is or was meant to be. Fallout and Fallout 2 were about places that were rebuilding after the nuclear fallout. They were trying to clean things up, make things better, etc. They were trying to return to some semblance of normalcy...

Not just wallowing around in filth and destruction constantly - which is how Bethesda seems to repeatedly depict the universe.

Fallout and Fallout 2 are two of my favorite games of all-time. I'd rank the Fallouts (that I have played):

1. Fallout 2
2. Fallout
3. Fallout New Vegas
4. Fallout 3
5. Fallout 4

I finished the rest of the games and they are all among my favorite of all-time... except for Fallout 4. I have tried to play Fallout 4 about five times and I can just never get into it, even though I want to. I find the characters to be bland, the settlement building to be a joke and the locations to be uninspiring. With the disaster that was Fallout 76 I just honestly don't think Bethesda gets what Fallout is or was meant to be. Fallout and Fallout 2 were about places that were rebuilding after the nuclear fallout. They were trying to clean things up, make things better, etc. They were trying to return to some semblance of normalcy...

Not just wallowing around in filth and destruction constantly - which is how Bethesda seems to repeatedly depict the universe.

I don't disagree with your opinion of character blandness. Bethesda's writing is definitelly well below what was done by Interplay/Black Isle and then later by Obsidian with NV. I do disagree about Bethesda's depiction being all about filth and destruction.

I do feel there is a lot of bias amongst fans of the older games though. I'm saying this as one of those older fans too BTW.

Project Purity from Fallout 3 is all about rebuilding and hoping for a better future. The main plot is all about hope for a better future and rebuilding. The BoS were the nicest they ever been too, in fact the game was heavily criticized for the BoS not being zealots willing to stomp on anything they considered wrong and actually being concerned with helping everyone for once.

Fallout 4's main plot isn't about rebuilding but the minutemen are all about that. So is the institute in their own twisted ways. The BoS are back to their old ways. Meanwhile Diamond City, the game's biggest city, is also all about rebuilding civilization with all of it's typical government and bureaucratic pitfalls

Fallout: NV had it's fair share of destructive forces too. Caesar's legion is nothing but filth and destruction. New Vegas, while certainly a beacon of civilization, is just a monument to filth and destructive/exploitative capitalism.

Fallout 1 and 2 had similar strokes too. Their main plot start off as just survival and then uncovering a bigger plot behind it all. Through all of it meeting factions/cities that are all about rebuilding and some that are all about destruction.

Don't get me wrong, FO1/2/NV have the superior plots, writing and, in many ways, are far superior games but I do feel like saying Bethesda's depiction of the world is too filthy and destructive is completely wrong. Hell, there are times when it feels a little too hopeful and easy to get by in Bethesda's wasteland.

FO76 was an experiment to bring MP to the series. I'm not sure if it failed. They're still supporting the game and updating regularly from what I've heard. I've tried it once and it definitely wasn't for me. I like my Fallout experience to be solo and not about MMO style fetch/destruction quests. Regardless of it's commercial failure or success, I doubt they'll try that again with the next game.

EDIT: all this talk of Fallout makes me want to replay them all... again. Damnit.

Last edited:
I don't disagree some of those themes are in the game.

What I am getting at is more just the visual look of it and your typical person. When you go into Shady Sands there are trees, things are in order and they are rebuilding society in a manner you would expect people to.

I get the look and feel Bethesda is aiming for with stuff like Diamond City in Fallout 4... with the whole things being cobbled together and made out of old pieces of random different things and stuff. But it doesn't give off the same vibe as Fallout and Fallout 2 cities... and there appears to be very little variance.

But that is more of a preference thing and it is probably my smallest complaint about Fallout 4.

Was the original intend of my post
Well, goal achieved. I actually ended up remotely logging into my PC from work and downloading them.

I guess I'll be playing FO1 tonight.

I don't disagree some of those themes are in the game.

What I am getting at is more just the visual look of it and your typical person. When you go into Shady Sands there are trees, things are in order and they are rebuilding society in a manner you would expect people to.

I get the look and feel Bethesda is aiming for with stuff like Diamond City in Fallout 4... with the whole things being cobbled together and made out of old pieces of random different things and stuff. But it doesn't give off the same vibe as Fallout and Fallout 2 cities... and there appears to be very little variance.

But that is more of a preference thing and it is probably my smallest complaint about Fallout 4.

I get what you mean but I also think this was mostly due to tech limitations from the time and the chosen angle. Not because they had vastly different visions of the wasteland.

I mean if even Tim Cain says "it's 3d Fallout", I'd say it's fairly close to what he was envisioning himself at the time.

I came across a puzzle game called The Looker. I'm a huge fan of puzzle games, judging by the Steam store page this title would be right up my alley, and it is a free-to-play game, so of course I grabbed it. Even has achievements, which is always a plus for me.

Didn't get far yet, as I got stuck on a seemingly impossible puzzle. However, I was playing at past 10 PM, so if I hadn't had trouble it would've meant the game is too easy. Besides, I enjoy a good challenge.

Graphics are really pretty and pleasant; The Looker is enjoyable to look at.

Guest 3847602

Fallout and Fallout 2 were about places that were rebuilding after the nuclear fallout. They were trying to clean things up, make things better, etc. They were trying to return to some semblance of normalcy...

Exactly!
There's a great video on this very topic:

Finished Battletech, now playing a campaign on Wasteland 3. I am a huge fan of the original Wasteland, played Wasteland 2 when it cam out (I even supported the devs in their Kickstarter campagin). Having a great time with it so far, from the Arizona desert to the cold of Colorado.

Top Bottom