Why did you have to ruin Tetratronic Rippler Mk.5????

+
I understand this 2.0 update is for those who want a more GTA-like experience and it's focused on improved combat and chases and shit but why did you have to ruin netrunning playstyle for those of us who don't care about police and love the game as-is?
All cyberdecks are ruined and their perks are completely useless now, thank you guys. What a shit update.

Yeah can't say I'm a fan of conditional perks and bonuses such as "be within 8m to do this as a netrunner" type of stuff, it's just gimmicky gameplay that hinders freedom. Sure the promo trailers showed the insane flashy combat with netrunning, but Far Cry-esque flashy explosion gameplay is not how one is going to achieve all the stealth objectives in the game and hidden dialogues.

I might have to switch to Netwatch now since it has radius and spread, but I do miss the variety and utility that netrunning provided. It sure provided far more freedom in build variety than the currently shoehorned playstyle ones.

they killed stealth too, removed all the fun tools and just made every perk you are harder to detect. im actually suprirsed how bad this update is.
Could you go into detail?
I didnt get very far before stopping over a year ago so I'm missing aa ton of context, but I was going for a stealth sniper build so some additional details would be appreciated.

Do the anti-detection perks not have the equivalent effect of the old stealth?

Could you go into detail?
I didnt get very far before stopping over a year ago so I'm missing aa ton of context, but I was going for a stealth sniper build so some additional details would be appreciated.

Do the anti-detection perks not have the equivalent effect of the old stealth?
Admittedly I have not gotten back in yet, but at first read it sounds like several folks who are just upset that their old builds are gone, separately from whether it is good or bad.

I started new game and had so far no problems (in Watson) clear hostile areas in silence. And quick hacks works well enough as support when I need/want use guns after/during. What don’t work is to drawing out a catana and from the go jump on pack of baddies while expecting V's bulletproof behavior… these moments when I decided go frontal assault too early were the most which have ended flatlined. I don’t checked yet much in detail new perks system, but starting slowly from zero seems as good way how to adapt on changes. There are so many new smaller or bigger changes, game really feels polished now … and in my case, with a new PC, is even more fun to again experience play in Night City :)

Last edited:
The more posts I see about the update, the more I believe CDPR should have just told people that they NEED to start a new playthrough or expect their old characters to be completely borked. It's impossible to know what's broken and what isn't because so many people are trying to shove 1.63 shaped builds into a 2.0 sized hole. I understand why they didn't: telling players that their old playthroughs are basically gone for good with 2.0 would have been a hard sell, but I still think trying to have it both ways has led to the same issue regardless.

Been reading a few posts on how Netrunner builds were screwed because of the 2.0 update and can attest that, yes in fact, my build was also nerfed to nearly nothing as well. I invested heavily in the Ultimate hack build and was definitely OP. Just a quick example, would usually start with a Suicide that's spreads to 1 other, then a System Reset (spread to another), Detonate grenade (spread to another) and perhaps a Cyberpsychosis if needed (spreads to another). This would usually clear out any situation without me even taking out my gun or other quick hacks.
Anyway I digress. All gripes aside a few things do bother me about the revamped system. One is the insanely high cost of hacks now. I did go through the buffs and although there are a few ways to reduce cost, they are either so miniscule they don't matter or they extremely conditional (like standing right next to your target) which defeats the purpose of hacking. I have tried to increase my RAM capacity but only get up to about 38 slots. And considering Memory wipe is 32 f'ing slots is pretty ridiculous. Just a side note, I saw a "perk" about memory wipe that was something like any quick hack used after memory is untraceable (or something like that). Totally useless seeing as I can't afford any hack after memory wipe... Not even PING because ping is now 7 freaking ram units.
Also, although I understand the "give and take" philosophy of buffs now, I am not a fan of how some buffs come with such large nerfs that they essentially cancel out. An example I've seen (not just for hacks) is on mod slots for weapons. Almost all of them are yin/yang on a plus/minus balance. Like increasing mag size but decreasing base damaging. Something like that.
Again just a few gripes. It is what it is for the revamp, whether it's good or bad is a matter of taste. Perhaps if it was the other way and we got the 2.0 style of CP and they switched it with 1.0, we would all be griping about being OP net runners :)

I haven't put a single mod on any weapon due to the negative just outweighs the positive. Mods used to be just adding something while taking nothing. Muzzle and scope items do like they did before 2.0 and have far more positive than negative.

All ranged weapons had a minus 25-50% to headshot multiplier while snipers got a +15%, revolvers got a -50% dmg in addition to the reduction of headshot dmg.

Trying to do ranged stealth now is effectively hitting everyone with wet noodles. Masamune and Liberty do 'ok' with this for now, but not ideal.

Tech weapons have lost the ability to track enemies through walls, so good luck using their shoot through walls ability without blind guessing where enemies are.

Tech weapons have lost the ability to track enemies through walls, so good luck using their shoot through walls ability without blind guessing where enemies are.
Pretty sure that requires an optics implant, like how the ricochet and smartlink features require their respective hand implants. I suggest visiting a ripper doc.

This used to be an inate feature of techweapons, no implants required before 2.0

There also want any other optics than just keroshi mk 2 (what is basic now)
They have gave more options and as that guy said you can pick and choose what optics you like, including the tech one or just get the all optic one later on.

Never bothered with hacking really, how exactly did they kill it?
They didnt kill it at all, it is more powerful than ever, just people are complaining because they cant into and synergise the hacks and just want to press 1 hack and delete everyone.
Now it is more methodical and thought out and needs the player to install multiple hacks on targets to get ram combos to lessen the ram cost of the more powerful ones and to install hacks so that it does not start a trace or reduces the trace.
trace being an extra meter you have to manage as a net runner (if you even start a trace)

You can enable takedowns with cripple movement and memory wipe still, and takedowns of all things are still guaranteed. Contagion + a source of burn to ignite it is the only thing you need to win the game on very hard against most enemies. Low investment net decks are still nuts, you can still ghost with just a well placed memory wipe which doesn't start a trace.

I dunno if the netrunner gimmicks are good or not because I haven't invested in the tree, but if I like them as much as I like the other gimmicks I've tried it's not gonna keep me from downgrading to 1.6 that's for sure.

They didnt kill it at all, it is more powerful than ever, just people are complaining because they cant into and synergise the hacks and just want to press 1 hack and delete everyone.
No. People are complaining mostly about the RAM costs and what they see as a clumsy implementation of tracing. Whatever you or I or anyone else thinks about those arguments, and regardless of the validity of those arguments, they are not 'delete everyone with one hack' and that strawman response is no better than 'this feature is dead' hyperbole.

No. People are complaining mostly about the RAM costs and what they see as a clumsy implementation of tracing. Whatever you or I or anyone else thinks about those arguments, and regardless of the validity of those arguments, they are not 'delete everyone with one hack' and that strawman response is no better than 'this feature is dead' hyperbole.
WTF, it used to be use ultimate hackm 1 hack kill anyone and you never even get caught.
Now it is manage memory wipe to not start a trace, then use traceable hacks, use sonic shock so others do not hear your hacks. Using combos to lessen the cost of later hacks.
So for example you queue ping, memory wipe, cyberware malfunction then cyberpsychosis, not just cyberpsychosis and done.
Its a really well thought out process now. RAM combos and queuing really adds loads to the mechanics and you really need to read and understand load orders and hack synergies as well as your deck perks.

I didnt had any issues with my 1.5 build lol. My character was just nerfed at the start of PL but recovered my edge with the 10 or so extra levels and new equipment youre given. Complete stealth gameplay.

Top Bottom