The apocalypse has arrived

+
DVD players used to come with DRM, and Sony attempted to introduce such a thing for music CD's as well. There is also an initiative to enable car engines to be shut down remotely with the purpose of reducing the risk present in car theft but we all know it can be diverted into other uses as well.

It seems crazy but in a way the company is right (not ethically correct though): you offer people something cool, and they will go for it. Look at DRMed game services, why would you add DRM to otherwise DRM free games? People still do it because of achievements or whatever reason. So the sad truth is, it may be crazy, but people will buy into it.

I`ve never understood the reasoning behind single cup coffees anyway . Of course I make coffee by the 12 cup pot because I drink a lot of it and straight black with no additional fillers .:)

I shall stick to Tea and Ale as usual then.

Not together as i've tried and it's bloody horrible.
Irish coffee isn`t that bad . Plus enough of it and you eventually see 3 of everything .

Hmm and here I was under the impression that that was already the standard years ago. At least i remember newer Nespresso machines broke "accidentally" if you used cheaper refills.

And I know the machine friends have can only exclusively be used with the brands own coffee...

Thats why I stuck to a machine that just grinds the whole beans...

Never imagined I'd see a day where freaking coffee makers have DRM.

You read that right. :|

Bad coffee + DRM
:facepalm:

When you look closely, it's similar to the anti-refill chipped ink cartridges. But at least with the ink cartridges, the manufacturers have a plausible claim that they need to control the quality of the inks used in the printers. With Keurig coffee, there's no hope of sustaining any such claim. Because, genuine or counterfeit, bad coffee is still bad coffee.

In the spirit of not decrying new technology without offering a better alternative, here's what you can do with your coffee instead: Homemade Coffee Liqueur

Last edited:

Aditya

Forum veteran
Don't use them :) Expect some Pirate Coffee to be the new thing ;)

I saw that one coming lol

But seriously guys, this is freaking coffee we are talking about, that human beings around the world been having years prior to tech these days. I don't know what to feel anymore...

Attachments

• jolly_roger_coffee.jpg
    jolly_roger_coffee.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 37
Top Bottom