This War of Mine

+
This War of Mine

I just want to say kudos to 11 Bit Studios and the two CDPR devs who moved there for creating a different concept to the classic war games. The artwork looks quite interesting and the colour and environment of the world makes it seem very depressing and sad. I hope they get a good balance between action and story telling as it is about civilians trying to survive in their home town with a war raging around them.

I'm wondering about the type of game it'll be as well. It could be a 3rd person shooter because I don't think a fps would really it with the game and it could also be a game like one of Telltales games.

What do you guys think of the game from what you have seen from the trailer? Please post your thought down below.

Here is the link:
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fv-iwk9DWc

Cheers,
:cheers:

Holy shit. They're the dudes who're making the game! Huh, small world.

I figure it's going to be like a third person stealth game, where the focus is to hide from ALL soldiers and protect family/friends/unknown refuge bastards. It's definitely got potential. I'm keeping my eye out for this baby.

Looks interesting. Though I felt initially, that there was blood limps and intestants missing from the trailer. (Having just watcher Black Hawk Down and of course the DDay Landing in Saving Private Ryan in the past.)

Side scroller eh... seems I called it day 1 then :p

They've also made it to the Guardian in an article which takes the intriguing perspective... glad to see it, i'm up for this...

Aye this looks bloody intriguing, you seldom think of civvies as owt but a nuisance or a possible threat/point on your six, so to see it from their perspective is interesting. And a strategy aspect is always welcome.

Using the photo portraits doesn't really jive with the art style. I like everything else. Gameplay and exploration look solid.

Using the photo portraits doesn't really jive with the art style. I like everything else. Gameplay and exploration look solid.

Yeah, that did look a bit weird to me at first, too, but I think it's there to give this a more authentic feel.

It feels like these are developers' pics, maybe they wanted to give the whole story a more human feel, instead of some pixel avatars.

Thats so sad. So much for armies being "Peacekeepers" eh.

My personal view, no squaddie is suited to that, we were trained for aggression, discipline and winning wars not policing. Don't know about nowadays lads, but we were cocky, hard, wanted and were trained for action.

Oh I agree, offensive armies from militaristic countries should be trained as you were, and I'm sure still are judging by the continually reduced requirements for enlistment amongst other factors, their own protection & effectiveness is paramount. Such armies should never be expected to act as peacekeepers in civilian areas. Thats the job for police, who should, and sometimes do, get the proper training including ethics for dealing with more complex situations than "kill the enemy". Some neutral countries that train their armies for defence may be suitable, but if you send the Paras in we all should know what will happen, their superiors certainly do.

Notions like honour & chivalry, even bravery & sacrifice, don't exist any more, not in the wider terms towards our fellow humans beyond narrow analogy to the idiom "honour amongst thieves." Oh I'm sure there are individuals who embody such noble ideals, but they are truly absent from institutions.

And a trailer:

Hyped. Can't wait for November 14th!

Translation of the song lyrics:

And when He comes to get me from here
the Pilot of the Earth and Heaven
To blend the blue that's all around Him
Then I'll be placid, I'll be honest.

These days of my life run before me
The air and sky will get to nowhere
I'll take a look at what's behind me
To join His journey with no way back.

Well its settled then - though I don't think I was ever in any real doubt - I'll be getting this, and I hope thats the kind of music we'll get throughout too.

I posted before when this first came up a game it reminded me of in basic format, Deadlight, and it was very enjoyable, atmospherically charged, and surprisingly challenging. The sidescroller format can be employed to formidable effect, if you haven't yet experienced the like you'll be surprised often thanks to its unfamiliarity. Of course this new one looks like the theme and narrative is going to delight, and distress, in its own unique way. Can't wait !

This War of Mine - Different take on war

Heyho,

I'm taking a moment to post this here.

As a former soldier myself, having been to Kosovo on a Tour of Duty, this game really strikes a chord with me from everything I've seen. I'd love to see more of this style of game being made. Doesn't mean I want no more fun shooters, but showing war from this perspective is certainly interesting.

From what I saw and heard, it's not the most "fun" (as in, wheeee fun!) game.

Anyway. Enjoy and support our fellow Polish devs! ;)

Top Bottom