Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me tell you one funny thing.

I don't use a PC case and my components are on shelves above me. Yesterday I put a shot of gin right next to the motherboard cause there was no place on a table. When I blindly reached for it later I spilt it all over the mobo and PC turned off almost immediately. Today when I came from work surprisingly it turned on but sometimes it gives static noise.

Though I must admit I really like the new smell of the mobo.

ºººººººººº
Let me tell you one funny thing.

I don't use a PC case and my components are on shelves above me. Yesterday I put a shot of gin right next to the motherboard cause there was no place on a table. When I blindly reached for it later I spilt it all over the mobo and PC turned off almost immediately. Today when I came from work surprisingly it turned on but sometimes it gives static noise.

Though I must admit I really like the new smell of the mobo.

Well, your mobo has had its little party at least!
@Kinl3y cats are simply incredible :p

Last edited:

Attachments

• 005 (2).jpg
    005 (2).jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 67
Lock you kitties up for the night? You cruel woman.

Thus speaks someone who hasn't heard a ball bouncing down wooden stairs at 2am. For an hour. Every night. Tal is one of those cats whose concept of curiosity is "I wonder what will happen if this falls 10 feet?"

But yes, I'm cruel. Saskia is in hospital today getting spayed, poor wee thing. So no more monthly "presenting her bum to Gwynbleidd in the hope of getting laid" episodes, I hope.
@Sardukhar - just to make it clear, I'm still talking about the cat. And the dog.

Last edited:
Sure you are. Mostly.

And just to make it clear, it's still creepy and weird. "Saskia is in hospital today getting spayed" No. Just no.

No but I sometimes hear them ripping and roaring throughout my home. Of course I don't have stairs.

You must be a lighter sleeper than I, it's been said bombs exploding beside me wouldn't wake me from my deep slumber.

And you just reminded me that The Paper Monster will be hitting her first heat soon. Really soon. The Curtain Monster did wake me up the entire week she was in heat. And then promptly spayed.

Edit: Man it's really fun sitting in a lot, waiting for your car to stop overheating. This has been a very good one. I hope it lasts another three years.

Last edited:
@Sardukhar - just to make it clear, I'm still talking about the cat. And the dog.

Good to know. I already started to worry.

Still it is a good time when they are young. Just you wait when they grow old, start believing they owe you, and scream like bruxas every time you are late from work. My late cat was worse than my mom in this respect. Screaming at me, giving me attitude, then mumbling something for hours like an old lady pissed off she was, and there was nothing I could have bribed her with.

Edit: Man it's really fun sitting in a lot, waiting for your car to stop overheating. This has been a very good one. I hope it lasts another three years.

First thing I would check and replace is the thermostat and antifreeze . Usually the most common cause of overheating . Pretty inexpensive if you do it yourself . But if you go to a dealer then expect to pay with an arm and a leg....possibly a kidney as well . Most car dealerships get between 60 and 70 dollars an hour just for labor and parts are extra . A local garage can also do it and in most cases will give you an estimate of the cost beforehand .

Do NOT for all that is righteous and holy remove the radiator cap off an overheated vehicle as you can be burned seriously .
Following the thermostat would be either a cooling system flush and or a water pump replacement which is usually determined if the water pump is leaking and your losing water from the cooling system .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom