Gamestart problem- freezing during loading

+
Gamestart problem- freezing during loading

Hello Everyone,I have problem with loading of WItcher, so I was hoping somebody else here on this forum had also something like that, so maybe you could help:MY game oftem frezes during loading (usually after you pick up one save and clikc "load" and BEFORE thin red line shows up. But sometimes it Froze right after i clicked on desktop icon) You can recognize it easily- music will aslo freze in one stage. I can´t do nothing but restart my computer. I can´t even do ctrl+alt+del. I have newest patch (1.3) and newest graphic drivers for my graphic card.PC specifications:AMD Athlon x2 64 3800+, Nvidia Geforce 7200 GT 256 MB, 2GB of RAM memory.Any advice?

There's a forum called "In-Game Tech" where you're more likely to find people who can help you with this. I don't know how to help you, myself, but at least I can point you towards where the help is. Good luck!

Oww, Thanks for moving, I did´t noticed this tech. section forum before. LICAON_KTER- what do you mean by upgrade it? Like buying new one? I thought my graphic is new enough. :-\ Well, and what if i don´t have money for buying new one, how can I avoid this problem? Is there any way?Well, I read "Why the continued confusion about Video Card Requirements?" and I must say I´m a consider myself a bit capable of knowing PC. But I agree with that opininon, that we haven´t money to buy every year a new graphig card. Technology develops so quickly these days, that when you want to have newest hardware, you should change your PC parts every 3-5 years, IF not more often. (by the way card I would like to have cost around 17 000 Slovak crowns- sorry, I don´t have so much and my parents wouldn´t give me so much.)And furthermore, on pack of my game, there is written that mininum specs. is NVIDIA Geforce 6600/ ATI Radeon9800. So I automatically presuppose that when I have Geforce 7200, it HAVE TO work like Swiss clocks!Sorry but I just don´t think I have old graphic card. Other games run smoothly on my PC (NEW games like Bioshock, Assassins Creed- I didn´t had a problems with them like with Witcher- and I had everything set on maximum, exept resolution, because of the monitor).So is there any way how to avoid this problem, without buying "new" graphic card?.

the code numbers have a logic:eg. nVidia 7 series has the cards, lets exclude the TC/GT/GTS/GTX/ect marking for now: 7100/7200/7300/7400/7600/7800/7900/7950 ( maybe i've missed some )lets analize the 7600 card:-first number: 7 - means it's a member of the 7-th series/generation video card-second number: 6 - means performance range in relation to it's generation-third/fourth number means some exotic variety of the card ( afaik like the 7950 is actually 2x7900 chips on the same card)so based on that, the top goes like this: -high performance level: 7950/7900/7800-mainstream performance: 7600-entry level performance: 7400/7300-low performance: 7200/7100but, from this top you won't get the big picture, you don't see how these cards compare to the previous generationso comparing the 6-th and 7-th generations we have: ( the top is more detailed in the thread that i've mentioned above)7950 > 7900 > 7800 > 6800 > 7600 > 6600 > 7300 > 6200and with some GT/GTS/GTX markings:7950 > 7900 > 7800GTX > 6800GS > 6800GT > 7600GT > 7600GS > 6600GT > 6600 > 7300GT > 7300 > 7200unfortunately the GT/GTS/GTX markings don't seem to always respect the same ruleseg. 8-th series: 8800Ultra > 8800GTX > 8800GT > 8800GTS > 8800GS > 8600GTS > 8600GT > 8500GT > 8400eg. 6-th series: 6800GS > 6800GT > 6600GT > 6600 > 6200so always check sites like www.guru3d.com / www.rage3d.com and others that do video cards reviews so you can see what performance level you should expect from your cardanyway the 6600GT/7600GS cards were ( and still are ) the best choice, by now there pretty cheap anywaybut they're still rather the minimum for The Witcheri played up to Chapter 3 with an 7600GS/512Mb but the Trading Quarter is too heavy for this card, i had ~12fps ( well maybe the fact that i played at 1400x1050, 4xAF, no DoF and HIGH settings, had something to do with this :D )

I can give a shot at trying to get it to work with that card, look at this post http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=12073.0Send me the info and we will work your system togheter so you can play it.Awesome explanation Licaon_Kter. As your new moderator and technical guy say, if you need to buy a card, you don't need the latest top of the line card, just shoot for a card that the minimum number of the hundreds is a 6..... 8 or 9 preferable. Those are gaming card. First number is ALMOST worthless :)

Thank you, LICAON_KTER for expalining this thing, NOW I understnad why. Really thank you very much.So then, I suppose, I should save my money form my Summer brigade, so I can afford osme really good card.Well, but till then, Form what I understand, I have to lower settings- because I have everything set on maximum, even Anti aliasing+ anit.filtering.OKey, MOBIDOY, I will try send you my sys specific (If I will not forget), but for first I will just lower some settings- it should help alot.Thanks for answers.

Top Bottom