Mens Lounge

+
Highland Scot's, one of those lovely soft cooing accents, always gets me. American, think she was a Californian girl, sounded effortlessly glamorous to a Yorkshire lad who'd only heard such accents on telly. Had some damn good times.

British and Russian.

Ditto. German's pretty cool, too.

You're going to have to be a bit more specific with regards to British: There's a lot of variations on the accent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN-F61fQ6jg&t=86

Last edited:
I like European accents. French, Spanish, Russian... lots of others too. Speaking intelligently about interesting things (and preferably in English so I can join in ;) ~ a bit linguistically challenged here, only English, basic Russian and *reeaally* basic French and Italian (enough to buy fruit/veggies, and other stuff, but not to have any kind of conversation).

Can't stand many English accents (don't mind West-Country, and received pronounciation, and quite enjoy a nice Scots accent... hate strong Chav (especially) Essex/London/Brummie/Liverpudlian&Mancunian).

Welsh. Also Norwegian, Swedish, and the accented English of speakers from those nations.

(We have to bury one of the Lasagna Queen's Welsh cousins Monday. She was a dear lady who spoke with a most musical voice.)

Some accents that many consider ugly, but I find charming, are Glasgow and West Midlands.

I like the looks of Scandi women, the fair skin, blonde hair and tall stature. But the language...yeesh.

Edit - I should mention I'm second generation Scandi. Shield!

Last edited:
I like the looks of Scandi women, the fair skin, blonde hair and tall stature. But the language...yeesh.

Edit - I should mention I'm second generation Scandi. Shield!

Fine tastes, though I look after the darker haired Norwegians, actually not a huge fan of blondes.

They do have a heavy accent on the English though.

Women with French accents are a first for me. Also like Canadian and American (but only when the woman has somewhat of a husky voice).

I simply despise the Romanian accent overall, main reason why I tried really hard to lose mine.

Hm, I must say I never really thought about that, but when I do now, I don't really prefer any kind in a woman. I only dislike some more than others. ^^ But interestingly there are some male accents that I find cool, like Irish or Scottish for example. If I'd look at German dialects, I would prefer none, Hamburgisch or Friesian over others, I guess. Difficult. I think the accent is not what makes her attractive, but rather how she uses words. But I am quite curious about languages and I love it when people can work and play with words.

On that note above what I find attractive in the English and mainly in the Australian is the invisible R(I'm making that term up) that follow in words that end with the letter A.

On that note above what I find attractive in the English and mainly in the Australian is the invisible R(I'm making that term up) that follow in words that end with the letter A.

Arse? I'll admit myself that Aussie women have nice backsides (and legs)! :D

Regarding Spanish-speaking, no accent is sexier than that of a Spaniard lady, no doubt about it.

I also find quite attractive the way Slavic women speak in English.

I've always found this to be annoying. I am a logical person and I never understood why they would do this but after reading the article you posted it now makes more sense, though knowing why doesn't make it any less annoying :p.

Top Bottom