Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
World wide average bandwidth is like 20 Mbps, so you're above average.

Now keep in mind that is averaging countries where the national average is 1 or 2 Mbps and others where it is 50 or more.

So you probably want to find a regional average.

However, it shouldn't matter. At all. 30 Mbps is plenty for everything and anything you could possibly do at home, at the moment.

Just remember: b -- bit. B -- byte. In most modern architectures, 8 bits = 1 byte. So 8 Mbps = 1 MBps.
@Mataresa

You mean powers of 2. 10 *is* a multiple of 2.

Another one of those days where I couldn't be bothered to do anything. My Dad is working, my Mum is over at my brother's home looking after my niece and I'm just sitting here doing feck-all! I'll probably play games eventually but at the minute I just couldn't be bothered. Anyone else ever get like that, or am I just odd?

Thanks @.Volsung. I will keep that in mind.

I used speedtest.net to test my connection.

This is through Wi-Fi...

And this is through the cable...

Faster than 96% of Poland? Well, shit. I'm living it up then : ]

Another one of those days where I couldn't be bothered to do anything. My Dad is working, my Mum is over at my brother's home looking after my niece and I'm just sitting here doing feck-all! I'll probably play games eventually but at the minute I just couldn't be bothered. Anyone else ever get like that, or am I just odd?

I know it moslty when there's some work to be done that I'm absolutely unwilling to do. I might just end up sitting there most of the day, wrestling with my reluctance. Unable to get started, unwilling to give up and do something enjoyable instead. Increasing time pressure helps and the whole process leads to (remarkably successful) last minute efforts.

I'm hardly ever in your current state - got enough things to occupy myself and if not, my games backlog is too big to let any spare minutes go to waste. ;) It has happened, but very very rarely.

And this is though my DSL.
And that's 10 times faster than a year ago.
I hate you.

Dragonbird don't complain

The high speed internet is 20 meters away from my front door... If I piggy-back on my neighbors w-lan it's a lot faster.

My neighbors are nice people however, so I get to download big stuff through their W-lan at night.

6 Mbit/s is still faster than 80% of Germany? Holy crap! I knew the situation was bad here, but I didn't think it was THAT bad. Thought it affected rural areas, mostly. Total technological wasteland. But then again, I should have expected it. Sitting here in the heart of Munich with some 12-13 Mbit/s. Fiber was promised in 2012, but is yet to be delivered. A shame for a country known for its engineers and reliable tech.

6 Mbit/s is still faster than 80% of Germany? Holy crap! I knew the situation was bad here, but I didn't think it was THAT bad. Thought it affected rural areas, mostly. Total technological wasteland. But then again, I should have expected it. Sitting here in the heart of Munich with some 12-13 Mbit/s. Fiber was promised in 2012, but is yet to be delivered. A shame for a country known for its engineers and reliable tech.

:facepalm:
It said SLOWER than 80% of DE.
For a suitable bribe, I will delete your post.
But not my quote of it.
And not until tomorrow.

Oh noes! :facepalm::huh: I'm sorta in crunch mode, at the moment, so my brain does some amazingly stupid stuff.

So what's it gonna be? What kind of dragon are you? A dozen lambs or a virgin?

Oh noes! :facepalm::huh: I'm sorta in crunch mode, at the moment, so my brain does some amazingly stupid stuff.

So what's it gonna be? What kind of dragon are you? A dozen lambs or a virgin?

HRHR too late...
The worst part is probably I live IN Mainz. When I moved here they said faster Internet was definitely coming 6 years ago. They just sorta stopped before they reached my side of the street. The other street side has 50 MBit/s for the same price.

Since we're comparing speeds, here's mine:

Pretty good, especially since I only pay like 8 dollars a month for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom