Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

First place, office costume party. Scar by my son, who's a part-time stage manager.

Last edited:
Good one Guy!

This is a weird question but did you lose weight? At least compared to the other picture.

Thanks; the other picture was 2 years ago, and I'm down maybe 30 pounds. From cutting out snacks and heavy business lunches, mostly.

Where's your targe and claymore? Ye cannae be a Highlander withoot a targe an' claymore, laddie! :lol:

The McClungs were Lowlanders from Galloway. They were evicted in the Clearances, settled in Antrim and made so much trouble there that the McClung brothers took an offer they couldn't refuse to move to Georgia. There are a lot of my distant cousins in @Csàszàr 's part of the country.

Last edited:
@Guy N'wah You look amazing! :wub:

I found a year old image, with me and my sister on Halloween. It was a warm autumn, so we just wandered at evening through the city. As you can see there is not much people, because Halloween is not so popular here. But still, it was great. ^_^ It's sad we didn't go anywhere this year.

Last edited:
Nice pic guy. Wouldn't mess with you, not in a hundred years. :p

What's with the stars next to user names? I want a star. :(

The stars are for people on your friends list. Don't worry, you have one beside your name whenever they see you online.

Where's your targe and claymore? Ye cannae be a Highlander withoot a targe an' claymore, laddie! :lol:
Not entirely true . I`m a Highlander through and through . It would seem that Guy`s and my ancestors both hail from Scotland . Now wouldn`t that be a hoot if we wound up being very distantly related in some way . About the only thing i know about my original ancestor is that he was caught stealing horses and was going to jail and most probably the gallows soon after but instead broke out and stowed away on a ship and wound up in the U.S. . At least that`s the family tale anyway .

Oh, I had only seen Kinley with a star, thought he might be a special snowflake.

Damned good costume, Guy. I don't believe I've ever met a McClungbut I'm surprised at the amount of descendants of English, Scottish, and Irish around here. Yet to see a Welsh though.

Not entirely true . I`m a Highlander through and through . It would seem that Guy`s and my ancestors both hail from Scotland . Now wouldn`t that be a hoot if we wound up being very distantly related in some way . About the only thing i know about my original ancestor is that he was caught stealing horses and was going to jail and most probably the gallows soon after but instead broke out and stowed away on a ship and wound up in the U.S. . At least that`s the family tale anyway .

You know I was joking right? :) Admittedly it was crap....

@Валькирия
It looks like a really nice place! Good view too! :)

@Sardukhar
Daft Punk Troopers!? I didn't think they had an army....

Last edited:
Oh, I had only seen Kinley with a star, thought he might be a special snowflake.

Damned good costume, Guy. I don't believe I've ever met a McClungbut I'm surprised at the amount of descendants of English, Scottish, and Irish around here. Yet to see a Welsh though.

There were McClungs around Oneonta in my grandfather's and great-grandfather's day. My great-grandfather was a preacher, and it's said he was so tall he could walk and ride his mule to town at the same time, and he was so formal that even my great-grandmother called him "Reverend McClung". My grandfather got tired of being a preacher's kid and caught a freight out of town.

There were McClungs around Oneonta in my grandfather's and great-grandfather's day. My great-grandfather was a preacher, and it's said he was so tall he could walk and ride his mule to town at the same time, and he was so formal that even my great-grandmother called him "Reverend McClung". My grandfather got tired of being a preacher's kid and caught a freight out of town.

Been to Oneonta couple of times I try to avoid that as the drive is excruciating.

Remember way back when you saying something about your grandfather catching a ride out of here.

Nice pic guy. Wouldn't mess with you, not in a hundred years. :p

What's with the stars next to user names? I want a star. :(

More Scots-blood. Horrifying. We're everywhere! More competition! Ah, well. Dulcius Ex Asperis, as the family saying goes.

My Halloween costume, improvised from my kids, ( in their tuxedo body stockings because...hilarity?) behind me:

View attachment 7163

Today Vader is...
Sard is a parent...?

Hm...I guess it wasn't enough for my brain to read Rep's posts with a lisp.Now I read Guy's posts with a Dunmer voice and a scotish accent.

...and instead of Sardukhar I read Sajuuk Khar....The next step would probably be to call Dragonbird Cockatrice and Sidspyker Ockhamsrazor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom