Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everytime I come on here today, I just close the tab again right away. These .gif s. My eyes...

It is all @Princess_Ciris fault. She started it. Ok, you have won. I give up. I will leave crying and hide...

You're welcome to come back and play with us any time!!

My profile got a visit from maestro Jan Bartkowicz, distinguished creator of lesbomancy and former TW2 writer. He left the REDs...but he's lurking. It'd be great if he chatted with us. I need to ask him where the hell my next FWH shooter is.

Ugh need a break from my diet... need to rethink this whole thing. If I have to eat another piece of fruit in the next ten years I might as well kill myself.

Managed 5 days on a fruit, salad and barely any meat regime... How can anyone survive that way. damn I want a steak and a pizza and pork and bacon and eggs. Also I feel like punching people in the face... Screw it I'm going to eat some decent food, I have a schnitzel or five frozen.

Ugh need a break from my diet... need to rethink this whole thing. If I have to eat another piece of fruit in the next ten years I might as well kill myself.

Managed 5 days on a fruit, salad and barely any meat regime... How can anyone survive that way. damn I want a steak and a pizza and pork and bacon and eggs. Also I feel like punching people in the face... Screw it I'm going to eat some decent food, I have a schnitzel or five frozen.

I..don't know what to say. Why are you on the diet? Fruit is really more of a dessert or snack, it's a simble carbohydrate, quickly digested and not typically satisfying for long.

Salad is for rabbits. Usually has less food value than a rabbit.

You can be satisfied on a vegetarian or vegan diet, absolutely. I recommend including things like nuts, grains, tofu, ( properly cooked, I like it in a curry or chili) if you're trying for vegan. Walnuts, pecans especially good.

If you're not above adding in some dairy, well, the world is your delicious...oyster..made..of..cheese? Whatever. Anyway, cheeses, yoghurt, cottage cheese, all great stuff. Protein shakes with whey powder, ( I'm currently drinking one called Orange Dreamsicle from Dymatize, find on bodybuilding.com, made with ice and whipping cream, just amazingly good), mean you'll not want for sufficient protein ever.

If you allow yourself eggs as well, you're going to be able to add in omelettes, souffles, mayonnaise, all sorts of good stuff.

I work out pretty regularly with heavy weights, so I eat meat. But I was a vegetarian for 13 years and it wasn't hard.

Just don't go nuts on fruits and rabbit-food. It's a big world of delicious non-corpse food sources out there.

I..don't know what to say. Why are you on the diet? Fruit is really more of a dessert or snack, it's a simble carbohydrate, quickly digested and not typically satisfying for long.

Mostly because time + working at home leads to less movement and eating to much. Well that and boyfriend needs to loose weight. So it's a combined effort.

Not ever wanting to go even close to vegetarian, before I do that I'd rather become a pure carnivore. But the dietitians gave me this list of eat as much as you want stuff and don't eat at all... I'm going nuts, boyfriend seems happy with the whole eat fruits and vegetables shit. I find fruits disgusting at best and torture most of the time.

Sure a few strawberries a year are nice, like 2-3 strawberries in a whole year. I generally really dislike the taste of fruit and all that stupid dietitian put on my eat if your hungry list is fruit. I mean I puke from the smell of a banana.

Dairy products are completely out, a strong lactose intolerance makes it just barely possible to have really good cheese if I take a bunch of lactose pills. Sure every once in I while I suffer the side effects and say screw it and eat dairy products. But that's not a good idea if I do it too often.

At the moment what she wrote up was like 125gr of meat per day... bunches of fruits (yuck) and well all the not tasty vegetables, like boring salads.

Also no fat, booze, sugar, chocolate, barely any bread. without potatoes or noodles it just ain't a meal!

The schnitzel was delicious, pretty sure when I froze them they weren't so fantastic. Think 'm going to ditch the dietitians ideas and just count the calories. at least then I can have chocolate while starving and throw in a vitamin tablet to replace the whole fruit torture.

Get a new dietician?
Serious comment. At the very least, tell her this isn't working for you. It sounds like a fad diet rather than something that's actually nutritious, and any diet that insists you eat food you don't like is inherently bad.
And yes, just count the calories.

I eat a lot of fruit and a fair amount of raw vegetables, but I juice everything, usually with spices added. It's a lot faster than making salads, most of which I detest.

Mostly because time + working at home leads to less movement and eating to much. Well that and boyfriend needs to loose weight. So it's a combined effort.

The schnitzel was delicious, pretty sure when I froze them they weren't so fantastic. Think 'm going to ditch the dietitians ideas and just count the calories. at least then I can have chocolate while starving and throw in a vitamin tablet to replace the whole fruit torture.

Yikes. Yikes yikes yikes. The issue with calorie counting is it's pretty easy to miss by 20% or more and after a cheat meal or three undo the whole weak. You also have to know the calorie numbers for foods pretty well. If you can do it, great.

There are a variety of healthy eating plans that work. Here are some of the few I like best, in a nutshell. They pretty much ALL leave out pasta and breads though. Just too carb-heavy and too easy to overconsume.

1. Five-six small bowl-sized meals a day. Mix of proteins, healthy fats and complex carbs. By bowl sized, I mean hand-sized bowl, not head-sized bowl. Say 6 inches across. 18 cm.

2. Carb-cycling. You can google this, but basically you have less carbs and more fats on Day 1, shifting the ratio every day until the last of five or six days, which is mostly carbs and few fats. It's not really complicated. For carbs think yams, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, etc. For fats, think olive oil, avocadoes, 100% peanut butter.

3. Cheat-meal plan. Eat 3-5 small meals 5 days a week. You'll be a bit hungry. On day 6, eat normally and even have a cheat meal or two. Don't go nuts, but have pizza, ice cream, whatever. Day 7, eat little or even fast.

4. Intermittent fasting. You can google this too, but basically, go without food for 16-18 hours, then eat healthily but aiming to be filled for the remaining 6 to 8 hours. Still healthy food, but this way you can not worry about breakfast or lunch. Don't go nuts, though.

5.No Junk Food. This is what I do the most often and works. Just don't eat shit food, at all, for 3 to six months. Nothing in plastic, no bad fats, nothing out of a can, if you eat out only steak or chicken breast, no sauces. Try not to eat out. When you go back to eating normally, continue the same diet, but add in a cheat meal every 4-6 days.

I've used all these from time to time. Note: I don't aim for abs, (well, there was that one time. I got to a 4 pack, decided it was stupid and went back to lifting heavy), but I regularly take off 25-50 pounds depending. Why? I like a challenge and I like to run fast. Fat guys don't run too quick.

Get a new dietician

This is good advice.

Athough to be fair to your dietician, it can take 2 weeks or longer to trudge through the metabolic changes of a diet. Thing with short-term diets, generally, is that they fail on The Hardest Part.

The Hardest Part being -staying- in shape. That's why I prefer a diet I can live with for the rest of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom