The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt IS OFFICIAL!

+
Here's an extended look at the game, boys and girls:

If the REDs give as much attention to crafting the urban audio/visual environments in CP as they do with the natural ones in TW, I think we're gonna be in for a treat. Also gonna note how "alive" the village feels, which also bodes well for CP's overall atmosphere, I think.

I..guess...some people like it? I'm sure it will be modded out anyway. The last one was.

I don't hate the move, but it always seemed pretty silly.

argh they brought back this horribly wasteful roll-around ninjutsu move.

But at least Gerard can step back like a normal person now.

AFAIK you press the dodge button to jump/step away and you hold for a roll, so you're never forced into using it, at least. It's probably not meant to be spammed as much as this guy was doing it. This is how the combat looks if you play it differently:

That makes a lot more sense. It seemed to me W2 was too ninjutsu-centric esp at the higher difficulties.

I don't hate ninjutsu, it's just that the rollaround takes Geralt to safety but it also takes the enemy out of hitting range by a large margin.
With several enemies, it exposed him to being hit while he was advancing/retreating.

I am glad the first option is the dodge rather then the rollaround.

I wasn't aware the roll was even in-game.

Pathetically, I hope it isn't too good, or I'll end up using it and hating myself. Also Reptile.

The game sure is visually impressive, but I do hope the gameplay (combat and otherwise) isn't really all that indicative of how CP will play (I can only shiver at the thought of hopping and rolling from cover to cover popping all the moles in my way to gain some IP that lets me hop and roll a bit further a bit faster with temporarily slowed time, and provides my assault rifle a 5% damage boost). Witcher 3 looks just like Witcher 2 in that I probably can cope with the repetitive and rather dull (if challenging at times) combat and strudding around for one runthrough (just to see the storyline), but going in for seconds will come as a chore.

I do seem to recall either watching or reading someone/thing who tried W3, who/which comment on that rolling out of the way was... I don't know... either not a thing anymore, or was heavily limted down to a smaller sidestep kind of of a thing (compared to Witcher 2 from what I recall). But as i said it is only a vague thing I recall, so I do not know if I remember it correctly.

I do seem to recall either watching or reading someone/thing who tried W3, who/which comment on that rolling out of the way was... I don't know... either not a thing anymore, or was heavily limted down to a smaller sidestep kind of of a thing (compared to Witcher 2 from what I recall). But as i said it is only a vague thing I recall, so I do not know if I remember it correctly.

Rolling's still there, based on the recent videos, but is no longer the ONLY dodge mechanism. The sidestep seems to be more effective.

Sounds. Looks much less like it. Exactly why I got disappointed with TW2 (you know, the game that features the sword master as a main character). No disappointment here though. I knew what to expect. It actually worries me they might do same string of mistakes with CP77, but I guess without experimentation there would be no progress...

Ummmm ... Sard ... *passes him a couple tissues* ... you might want to clean that up.

Why? It's natural. That's good, they tell me.

SO I watched the trailer. So I could show my kids. Right? Right.

That voice-over is terrible. Sorry, whoever wrote it and whoever voiced it, but yeah, it presents a really good contrast to the much better job done in the rest of the audio.

Not as pretty as I thought it would be, but still very pretty. No doubt mine will look better.

Should excite the Skyrim crowd, new to the series, as the parallels were drawn. Not a bad thing, but still a thing.

As @gregski pointed out, the little details like Geralt shrugging as you change armour sets are really a high point. Such attention to detail.

As much as I shouldn't admit it I've never played any of the Witcher games, they're too "twitch" for me. This, and this alone prevents me from wasting money on yet another GREAT game I can't play no matter how much I wish to. CDPR does games "right".
And I REALLY want to play CP2077 which is why I constantly hope CDPR adds an option to slow down combat like Pillars of Eternity did.

Top Bottom