Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

In my 3 playthroughs of TW2 I have never sided with Roche. Am I missing something?

Oh, and do you think it is better to play The Witcher drunk?

In my 3 playthroughs of TW2 I have never sided with Roche. Am I missing something?

You're missing the other half of the story. :p It's worth it, if only to see how the events play out. And there's the benefit of having more information on... things. It's been a while since I played TW2, but I'm sure there are things! Also, Roche's path has more dark/horror-ish quests and feels much gritter overall. Also, also, Chapter 3 is pure gold. I'm not a big fan of Roche, but he kicks so much ass in Chapter 3.

IDK, how do you generally feel about playing games drunk? I'd personally go with no.

Perhaps you simply don't like Roche? Which is understandable. As for playing drunk, there's this general warning: 'consumption of alcoholic beverages impairs your ability to swing a sword or operate witchery, and may cause health problems.' Of course, like most warnings, no-one heeds it in the slightest.

That's the worst of it! I'm not lying: I'm not impressed. I can appreciate the purely technical achievements of creating a realistic illusion in the cinematic, and I grant it's very well done, but aesthetically, and narratively, the thing leaves me cold, and unaffected. I find some of Geralt's tactics interesting, but that is about it, thus my lament.

Dammit... I must to make a deep comparison with older CGS's and confirm this disturbing subject... perhaps there's a downgrade that only you can notice?

You're missing the other half of the story. :p It's worth it, if only to see how the events play out. And there's the benefit of having more information on... things. It's been a while since I played TW2, but I'm sure there are things! Also, Roche's path has more dark/horror-ish quests and feels much gritter overall. Also, also, Chapter 3 is pure gold. I'm not a big fan of Roche, but he kicks so much ass in Chapter 3.

Yeah, I know. I really want to see this part. But everytime when I play TW2, i choose Iorveth, cause it feels right. The last time I have tried to side with Roche, but reloaded after half an hour. I felt guilty and bad.
I would say that I could make save and just do it somewhere in the future, but when? TW3 will come out, and I am even have not enough time for one playthrough atm. So when will be the next time I visit TW2 after that? :D

Perhaps you simply don't like Roche? Which is understandable.

That can't be the point. I really like Roche, he is a great person and it personally hurts to play Chapter 3, work with Roche and see how much he values Geralt even when he decided to not help him. This is something I would call a real friend. I think he is one of the greatest person in the Witcher story I have seen so far. (Didn't read the books)
Does that make any sense?

IDK, how do you generally feel about playing games drunk? I'd personally go with no.
Some things are so much more fun when playing drunk. Just consider I am playing drunk while Geralt is drunk. Isn't that funny?

Last edited:
Dammit... I must to make a deep comparison with older CGS's and confirm this disturbing subject... perhaps there's a downgrade that only you can notice?

Please, don't link me with claims of any sort of downgrade! I'm not suggesting that, and that is not a joke. Graphically, the cinematic looks exceptionally good! It is something beyond the images that is failing to impress me.

However, as @GuyNwah reminded us, let's get back off topic!

Last edited:
Please, don't link me with claims of any sort of downgrade! I'm not suggesting that, and that is not a joke. Graphically, the cinematic looks exceptionally good! It is something beyond the images that is failing to impress me.
But.... But...

The joke was me! Please, don't blame the term"downgrade" because a bunch of ... of... a bunch just made a bad use! Don't allow them influence in your perception of "downgrade" word. Don't kill the messenger-word!

---------- Updated at 09:36 PM ----------

SOrry, not my intention

But.... But...

The joke was me! Please, don't blame the term"downgrade" because a bunch of ... of... a bunch just made a bad use! Don't allow them influence in your perception of "downgrade" word. Don't kill the messenger-word!

Alright, I forgive you. Here, just to show no hard feelings -- a second cat post (but don't expect a third):

Some things are so much more fun when playing drunk. Just consider I am playing drunk while Geralt is drunk. Isn't that funny?

If you enjoy it, go ahead! My opinion is simply based on the fact I enjoy games less if I play them drunk. But everyone is different. :)

Any specific things you'd like to know about Roche's path? One thing I found a bit disappointing is that he doesn't play a big role for the most of it (compared how Iorveth is in Vergen). But as I said, well worth it in the end of chapter 2/the entirety of ch3. Watch a youtube video if you don't have the time to play, perhaps?

Graphically, the cinematic looks exceptionally good! It is something beyond the images that is failing to impress me.

I think it's the too-realistic look. The Witcher aims for realism, but it's still very stylized, in sort of a balanced way that's going to allow the games to age well. Platige Image did an excellent job understanding this. The new trailer, not made by Platige, dips into the realism a bit too much in a few occasions, I think that's what makes it look 'off'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom