Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope the dreams weren't so bad? Did you einjoy playing it or have you seen any kind of downgrade?
Sounds like you really want to play though.

In one of my dreams the textures were loading really slowly and then the game crashed so I guess? Although in the other dreams it was mainly me sat at the PC installing the game and being like "FINALLY I CAN PLAY I'VE WAITED SO LONG" and then i wake up and crey :sad:

In one of my dreams the textures were loading really slowly and then the game crashed so I guess? Although in the other dreams it was mainly me sat at the PC installing the game and being like "FINALLY I CAN PLAY I'VE WAITED SO LONG" and then i wake up and crey :sad:

I think you should open a downgrade flame thread about this. This shouldn't be happening. Blame CDPR!

I am sorry for you :( Sounds like a real nightmare.
I could install the game btw, but not play it. Will that make anything better? xD

I think you should open a downgrade flame thread about this. This shouldn't be happening. Blame CDPR!

I am sorry for you :( Sounds like a real nightmare.
I could install the game btw, but not play it. Will that make anything better? xD

Haha, I should ask them why they have downgraded my dreams. I used to dream in HD and now even textures won't load properly? I want my dream money back!

It just sucks that the game was released right in the middle of my exams :( and even worse is that my exams are so spread out, so even though I only have 6 exams, they last for a whole month.

Lol oh dear that doesn't make me feel better, I feel bad for you too now :p why isn't it working?

Haha, I should ask them why they have downgraded my dreams. I used to dream in HD and now even textures won't load properly? I want my dream money back!

It just sucks that the game was released right in the middle of my exams :( and even worse is that my exams are so spread out, so even though I only have 6 exams, they last for a whole month.

Lol oh dear that doesn't make me feel better, I feel bad for you too now :p why isn't it working?

Yes. They have promised it will run on all systems equally, so it can't be that your dream engine can't render HD!

So I think for you the postponement of the release date was really bad? Sounds not so cool. I think if I were in your place, I would just fuck of the exams and start playing anyway. You must have a very strong willpower. (How much talents have you spend there?)

I think it would be working, wich makes it even worse. But I have to finish my playthrough of TW1 and 2 first, and I have to read at least a few books. I want to be prepared when I dive into this world.
Also I need a new graphics card wich can handle the power I need for what I want, and a new sound system. On mine gaming sounds a bit strange.

Yes. They have promised it will run on all systems equally, so it can't be that your dream engine can't render HD!

So I think for you the postponement of the release date was really bad? Sounds not so cool. I think if I were in your place, I would just fuck of the exams and start playing anyway. You must have a very strong willpower. (How much talents have you spend there?)

I think it would be working, wich makes it even worse. But I have to finish my playthrough of TW1 and 2 first, and I have to read at least a few books. I want to be prepared when I dive into this world.
Also I need a new graphics card wich can handle the power I need for what I want, and a new sound system. On mine gaming sounds a bit strange.

Yeah, unfortunately, May is just not a good month for students. Which sucks too because it would have been an awesome birthday present if not for the exams getting in the way :'(

Lol I wish I could just leave my exams and go play it but I'm pretty sure if I arrived home before my last exam, my parents would drive me back to university. Plus as much as I hate to admit it, I do need to do reasonably well in these exams, so if I was playing the Witcher I'd probably forget to even turn up to them :p I might be able to play the Witcher 3 on my laptop but I don't think it would be a good first experience, since my laptop's specs aren't as good as my desktop. Soooo I've just got to wait T_T

Ohhh okay. I started playing the first Witcher but never got further than the first village. I know I should try to finish it but I enjoyed the Witcher 2 so much more, so I'd rather replay that instead :p

Yeah, unfortunately, May is just not a good month for students. Which sucks too because it would have been an awesome birthday present if not for the exams getting in the way :'(

Lol I wish I could just leave my exams and go play it but I'm pretty sure if I arrived home before my last exam, my parents would drive me back to university. Plus as much as I hate to admit it, I do need to do reasonably well in these exams, so if I was playing the Witcher I'd probably forget to even turn up to them :p I might be able to play the Witcher 3 on my laptop but I don't think it would be a good first experience, since my laptop's specs aren't as good as my desktop. Soooo I've just got to wait T_T

Ohhh okay. I started playing the first Witcher but never got further than the first village. I know I should try to finish it but I enjoyed the Witcher 2 so much more, so I'd rather replay that instead :p

I am so happy that I am no student anymore and that I have finished all my exams. Never back to university, no fucking weeks where I have learn for exams, yay!
Birthday present? When is your birthday if I may ask?

You have waited so long, I think you will be able to wait a bit more :p When do you come back exactly?

Funny, what coincidence. Same here for me. I started playing TW1 years ago, even before TW2. Stopped in Chapter 2, inside Vizyma. Close befor TW2 release I have tried again, stopped again and just played TW2. Now I have several playthroughs with TW2, but none with TW1. But I know this game is good, storywise, so I really wanted to play it. Took the chance now. I am playing on easy, so I don't have to care about combat and can just enjoy the story.

I am so happy that I am no student anymore and that I have finished all my exams. Never back to university, no fucking weeks where I have learn for exams, yay!
Birthday present? When is your birthday if I may ask?

You have waited so long, I think you will be able to wait a bit more :p When do you come back exactly?

Funny, what coincidence. Same here for me. I started playing TW1 years ago, even before TW2. Stopped in Chapter 2, inside Vizyma. Close befor TW2 release I have tried again, stopped again and just played TW2. Now I have several playthroughs with TW2, but none with TW1. But I know this game is good, storywise, so I really wanted to play it. Took the chance now. I am playing on easy, so I don't have to care about combat and can just enjoy the story.

Yeah I really am looking forward to graduating next year. My birthday is the 12th of May so every year since I can remember, I have had exams either on my birthday or a few days before/after.

I get back home on June the 2nd. I have my last exam finishing at 11am and I will book my train on the same day so I can get home at 5pm \o/

Yeah I've heard TW1 gets better as you get further in, but I still feel like I don't really know what I'm doing and the combat is so weird it's more of an annoyance which is a shame. Whereas with TW2 I enjoyed the combat, and the storyline is exciting from the very beginning.

So much talk about how amazing Witcher 3 is... and I can't buy it yet cause I'm broke...

Yeah I really am looking forward to graduating next year. My birthday is the 12th of May so every year since I can remember, I have had exams either on my birthday or a few days before/after.

I get back home on June the 2nd. I have my last exam finishing at 11am and I will book my train on the same day so I can get home at 5pm \o/

Yeah I've heard TW1 gets better as you get further in, but I still feel like I don't really know what I'm doing and the combat is so weird it's more of an annoyance which is a shame. Whereas with TW2 I enjoyed the combat, and the storyline is exciting from the very beginning.

So belated Happy Birthday! The exams are a bit different here it seems, I did not have any on my birthday since I remember, and I have on 19th of May.

Sounds not like a tooo long wait. That could be doable :p

Yeah, combat is really bad. That's the reason why I have stopped, and why I am playing on Easy now. I do like the story from the beginning though. Maybe not the prologue, wich could be better, but from the Outskirts on. Best scene ever is the speech Geralt does defending Abigail. That gives me goosebumps, everytime.

So much talk about how amazing Witcher 3 is... and I can't buy it yet cause I'm broke...

You want to say you had 10 month of gathering money and you haven't put anything away for TW3? Shame on you! :mean:

Game arguments at the hairy bear? Get a room people!

Also combat it TW is not bad just because you don't like it. That's like saying Fallout or BG have bad combat just because you don't get to wave your sword around.

Heh it's OK. I just think life stories are preferred in this thread. There's a whole forum dedicated to games out there.

How about starting a "your Witcher 3 experience so far" community thread?

It is a very good idea. Spoiler free of course.

I don't know, I barely seen any bugs so far. For me it is stable and runs way better than I expected. I really love the combat though.

Last edited:
Hairworks dips me to 30 quite often. Even bellow that in certain scenes. Totally not worth it for me. I actually prefer Geralt's hair with hairworks off.

Heh, and I thought I was the only one... :p And with Hairworks off game is smooth....
BTW I just lost Gwent game that was basically won by me... I was looking at Foltest card and played its special... (Mist or Fog card)... lost whole advantage and the game because we had no more cards to play.... :(

I've got a few screenshots of the area around White Orchard which, of course, is crawling with Nilfgaardians. Problem is that the picture function doesn't seem to be working at the moment for some reason. I've also got my 970 installed and I've cranked everything up to high and I'm getting a frame rate of 45-62 FPS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom