Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, friends, I've surfaced again, for a little while, at least. (What a splendid game! I love the details!) So, what's new?

OK I'll break my own rule and talk about the game. I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment.

Been in Velen for a while. My normal playstyle is: perform as many interested or relevant side quests or witcher contracts as possible, save some money, get some gear or supplies, and the perform main quests. However everywhere I go I step on something that kicks my ass. I'm currently only level 5 and just forged the viper swords from the previous area. Examples of dead ends:

Try to look for the guy's wife, there's a werewolf involved, I can barely hurt it and it regenerates like crazy. Didn't try after getting the serpentine swords.

Go north-east and find an abandoned fortress, with harpies on top that I easily kill. Go down, find an endrega that is seemingly immune to my sword and kills me in two hits.

So how is this game best played? Performing the basic main quests first and then, later, side missions?

OK I'll break my own rule and talk about the game. I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment.

So how is this game best played? Performing the basic main quests first and then, later, side missions?

I'm still only on level 5 as well. I'm finding that following the main quest with a couple small treasure hunts thrown in is working rather well, so far.

Guys... It is difficult to not click on spoilers if posts only contain a spoiler.
What should I do? :-

The spoiler tag is used as a polite warning (sometimes as a joke). It's entirely up to you whether you click it, and actually continue to read what's inside.

Last edited:
The spoiler tag is used as a polite warning (sometimes as a joke). It's entirely up to you whether you click it, and actually continue to read what's inside.

Yeah, I know.
And that's the big problem. Where should I know if spoilers contain real spoilers or just... stuff? That's english difficult to choose :p

I got 104 hours in over the span of 7 days. That makes 4 days (and 8 hours) of those 7, that I spent on a chair, going only to eat, drink and sleep.

You sure that you could really enjoy that?

When I went home over Christmas to play Dragon Age Inquisition, there were a few days where I just didn't sleep. Of course then a few days later I would sleep like 16 hours in one go... but when you don't have to wake up to go to class or work, there's no harm in it :p

When I went home over Christmas to play Dragon Age Inquisition, there were a few days where I just didn't sleep. Of course then a few days later I would sleep like 16 hours in one go... but when you don't have to wake up to go to class or work, there's no harm in it :p

I know. I don't mean health issues or work time or social life or anything. That doesn't matter for us, of course :D
I meant if you could really enjoy The Witcher 3 when you don't make breaks or sleep a bit. So get away from the game, just to think about it and come back with fresh new motivation.

I know. I don't mean health issues or work time or social life or anything. That doesn't matter for us, of course :D
I meant if you could really enjoy The Witcher 3 when you don't make breaks or sleep a bit. So get away from the game, just to think about it and come back with fresh new motivation.

Of course I can enjoy it without sleep :p maybe I will get tired eventually but only losing one night's sleep isn't so bad.

Seems like you have a very good concentration span then :p

I need to finish The Witcher 1 now. Currently I am at 50 hours play time, and still in Chapter IV :-

good luck!
I wanted to play the Witcher 1 and 2 on my new laptop but for some reason when my gog account merged with this account.... i lost both the witcher 1 and witcher 2 from my games library so i can't play them anymore. Luckily I have a physical copy of the Witcher 2 but it's still annoying.

good luck!
I wanted to play the Witcher 1 and 2 on my new laptop but for some reason when my gog account merged with this account.... i lost both the witcher 1 and witcher 2 from my games library so i can't play them anymore. Luckily I have a physical copy of the Witcher 2 but it's still annoying.

They are lost? o_O
Can't you write to GOG support? They sure still have their logs or order confirmations for that.
Otherwise, Witcher 1 is quite cheap on steam most of the time, can't you just buy it again for a bit money, wich would also support CDPR?

I am playing The Witcher 1 for the first time at the moment. That's very crazy. But I kinda like the story. Just the gameplay is so bad :-/

They are lost? o_O
Can't you write to GOG support? They sure still have their logs or order confirmations for that.
Otherwise, Witcher 1 is quite cheap on steam most of the time, can't you just buy it again for a bit money, wich would also support CDPR?

I am playing The Witcher 1 for the first time at the moment. That's very crazy. But I kinda like the story. Just the gameplay is so bad :-/

i'm not sure what happened to be honest, but one moment i have the witcher 1 and witcher 2 on my account, and then after the merge they are gone.
I suppose i could email gog support. but to be honest i don't feel like playing the witcher 1 right now... it just makes me feel frustrated that i can't play the witcher 3 :p so i'll just probably wait for a bit and contact them in the summer, since i expect they're busy at the moment anyway.

i'm not sure what happened to be honest, but one moment i have the witcher 1 and witcher 2 on my account, and then after the merge they are gone.
I suppose i could email gog support. but to be honest i don't feel like playing the witcher 1 right now... it just makes me feel frustrated that i can't play the witcher 3 :p so i'll just probably wait for a bit and contact them in the summer, since i expect they're busy at the moment anyway.

Yeah, seems reasonable. Both explenations, to be honest xD
Every time I play The Witcher 1, and I start reading the but, I am asking myself when I finally will start with playing The Witcher 3. and I still have The Witcher 2, and at least two more books left ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom