Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Specifically it's a very heavy Antrim accent that the islanders have.

Where have I heard of Antrim before? Oh yeah!

"O bonny Portmore, I am sorry to see
Such a woeful destruction of your ornament tree
For it stood on your shore for many's the long day
Till the long boats from Antrim came to float it away."

I do not want to reload the game cause the decisions I have done are not what I expected. That is immersion-breaking for me. I want to feel the consequences.

Just wanted to ask if you will be warned before that quests should be finished etc, like it was sometimes in TW1 and TW2, or if it just fails if you continue the main quests.

I haven't seen any quests fail because of the main quest progression, only because I, uuh, failed.
But if you level up too far above a quest's "level", you don't get XP for it.
And, incidentally, anyone who discusses the game in the Hairy Bear is now subject to a penalty drink. I think I mentioned that several pages earlier.
Drink up.
I've already swallowed mine and now need to go somewhere and ram my fingers down my throat.

I haven't seen any quests fail because of the main quest progression, only because I, uuh, failed.
But if you level up too far above a quest's "level", you don't get XP for it.

Okay, great. That sounds better.
In that case you will not be punished for pushing the main quest at the beginning, and skip most of the side quests. I hate it when I want to do the next mission, but I know I should finish all the other side quests before, or they are failed.

Okay, great. That sounds better.
In that case you will not be punished for pushing the main quest at the beginning, and skip most of the side quests. I hate it when I want to do the next mission, but I know I should finish all the other side quests before, or they are failed.

No problem. Here's your drink. There's another one in the cellar for when you've finished it.

(And that's depressing, I actually like the look of that drink...)

I am now close to the end of the Witcher 1.
I have done many things I am not proud of, but I think Geralt has done his best. I sided with the Order, most of the time. Now Vizima is burning. I will see where it leads.

Oh, and I talked to Foltest and got that: "I realize now that Triss is the love of my life."
I think Yen will not be very happy :-

Let me spoil that!

Not quite spoiled.

@RivenII has as many points as posts. Good ratio. Keep it like that.

Since the game released, my posts are outpacing my points, now. For a while, I had an average of 30 points more than posts. I guess I just don't have anything interesting to say anymore. Oh, well.

I need some fisstech to get over of what i just seen...Thanks for the images...

You don't need fisstech! You just need reconstituted kelp, with a pinch of pulverised parsley!

You can thank me later, once you've recovered . . . .

How's that for a nasty drink, @Dragonbird ?
Rather lamentably misguided alchemy, eh? No straw, I'm afraid, though.

Last edited:
Not quite spoiled.

Since the game released, my posts are outpacing my points, now. For a while, I had an average of 30 points more than posts. I guess I just don't have anything interesting to say anymore. Oh, well.

You don't need fisstech! You just need reconstituted kelp, with a pinch of pulverised parsley!

You can thank me later, once you've recovered . . . .

How's that for a nasty drink, @Dragonbird ?
Rather lamentably misguided alchemy, eh? No straw, I'm afraid, though.

Looks very good. I tend to drink this kind of stuff a lot in real life, I love juicing vegetables and experimenting with different combinations. (Incidentally, wheatgrass and Pepsi Max is absolutely delicious, even though it looks like slurry).

However, the version we provide in the Bear comes from our own cellars, the ones full of drowners. It just magically appears there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom