Same FPS change "Low" or "Ultra"?

+
Same FPS change "Low" or "Ultra"?

Hi, I have a strange problem, I know that I have a PC "epic", but I can play The Witcher 3 with 15 fps, yes, 15 fps can not even believe it.

But I noticed that if I change the Post-Processing or Texture from "Low" to "Ultra" and vice versa, the FPS REMAIN ALWAYS 15 FPS, but why?

My Spec:

SO: Windows 7 64-Bit

Motherboard: ASUS A58M-K
Processor: AMD A8-6500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 3.50 Ghz
Videocard: AMD SAPPHIRE R7 250 2GB DDR3 WITH BOOST
RAM: 8 GB (2x KINGSTON - DDR3 4GB 1600MHZ CL10 DIMM FURY HYPERX SINGLE MODULE)
PC: HP Pavillon a6000
Monitor: Samsung 22" 1920x1080 1080p FULL HD

well, the good news is, you should be able to get 20-25 fps (by tweaking the hell out of the config files).

the bad news is you are below spec (not epic, spec).

textures don't change much. mostly the amount of vram used (budget). and lod slightly. at most you will gain 1 fps :\

well, the good news is, you should be able to get 20-25 fps (by tweaking the hell out of the config files).

textures don't change much. mostly the amount of vram used (budget). and lod slightly. at most you will gain 1 fps :\

I have ALL "Low", i have only TEXTURE "Ultra" e Post-Processing "BLOOM, GOD RAYS, VIGNETTE & DEPTH OF FIELD" the problem i all OFF the FPS always 15 is normal?

Why? U can explain?
I'm not sure how to explain this simple enough (for your english) ...

When you have a dedicated graphics card you do not wanna use the integrated GPU.
When both are enabled, depending on your configuration, games may be misslead to use the integrated GPU instead of the dedicated card.
This usually results in bad performance in games wich are both CPU- and GPU-intensive.
It could also explain why you do not see a performance difference between low and high settings.

I'm not sure how to explain this simple enough (for your english) ...

When you have a dedicated graphics card you do not wanna use the integrated GPU.
When both are enabled, depending on your configuration, games may be misslead to use the integrated GPU instead of the dedicated card.
This usually results in bad performance in games wich are both CPU- and GPU-intensive.
It could also explain why you do not see a performance difference between low and high settings.

How disable GPU Integrated?

How disable GPU Integrated?
When the computer boots up, keep press DEL key to enter the BIOS. (Sometimes F2, try it out)
Each BIOS is different, i can't tell you exactly where the switch is.
But it is usually in the advanced options under "CPU features" or "Integrated periphals" or something similar.

PS: Also make sure your monitor is connected to the graphics card, not the mainboard.

Where is this tweaking?

Did you try lowering all the other settings like foliage distance, terrain, shadows etc...?

Yes.

---------- Updated at 01:47 PM ----------

When the computer boots up, keep press DEL key to enter the BIOS. (Sometimes F2, try it out)
Each BIOS is different, i can't tell you exactly where the switch is.
But it is usually in the advanced options under "CPU features" or "Integrated periphals" or something similar.

PS: Also make sure your monitor is connected to the graphics card, not the mainboard.

@Hatman
But improves performance? i disable the integrated gpu?

At the bottom, click on "Advanced Mode (F7)"

Then go to Advanced > CPU Configuration ... and scroll down.

Dude, what are you telling to this guy? Intergrated are only enabled if you put the monitor cable to the motherboard's VGA-DVI port. This is the only thing he must check.

Dude, what are you telling to this guy? Intergrated are only enabled if you put the monitor cable to the motherboard's VGA-DVI port. This is the only thing he must check.
For nvidia setup thats true but he is using AMD. I was thinking his dedicated card and IGPU may be in hybrid crossfire mode. And since W3 is such a CPU heavy game this could lead to all kinds of weird behaviour.

Attachments

• ndz52.jpg
    ndz52.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 114
intel hd graphics are only switched on laptops. on desktops, you can disable the driver, but it's kinda of impossible for the game to display anything at all if you have nothing plugged into hdmi of IGD.

waste of time, below spec: upgrade GPU (it's a budget model, for doing desktop work, not gaming, maybe plays league of legends, thats about it).

your card shouldn't have any 'technical' issues with the game though, since it's a GCN 1.0 card, same as my 7870 ghz ed (which is min spec, i get avg 35 fps, dips to 25 or up to 50 rarely).

www.hwcompare.com/15327/radeon-hd-7870-vs-radeon-r7-250/ (wow, it's a lot worse than i thought).

so yea, best you will get is 15-20 fps with that GPU.

Last edited:
intel hd graphics are only switched on laptops.
Google AMD Hybrid Crossfire, mate.

And also, in his system, the weakest link is the CPU, not the R7.
His statement that changing graphic options from low to ultra changes nothing pretty much prooves his bottleneck is the CPU.

And since he's obviously not that well versed in comp settings and he has the IGPU enabled it's pretty possible he also has hybrid crossfire mode turned on without knowing. Wich would skew load FURTHER towards the CPU, crippling overall performance even more.

Top Bottom