[SPOILERS] Witcher 3 Tribute: A Higher Cause

+
[SPOILERS] Witcher 3 Tribute: A Higher Cause

A tribute to the Witcher 3 and some of it's awesome speeches with Dijkstra. For A Higher Cause.

Dedicated to Jan Bartkowicz and Sebastien Stephien, the two guys who made TW2's story the amazing political nuanced tale it ultimately was and without whom Witcher 3 is a lesser game.

Spoilers...Duh.

Last edited:
Wow, bloody amazing, you sure put a lot of effort into this and it sure as hell paid off.

May I ask about how long it took you to create it?

Oh I did, just didn't want to show that idiotic turn of events.
Well I guess I have completely different opinion regarding what was "idiotic" regarding Witcher 3 and what was not, but this is not a thread for that. Like I said - nice video, Radovid and Djikstra were allways very interesting characters to me.

i think he meant that it's an idiotic moment not that there is a idiotic and a non-idiotic choice

Tuco

Forum veteran
i think he meant that it's an idiotic moment not that there is a idiotic and a non-idiotic choice
Well, I know the argument about "dumbed down politics and how they RUINED EVERYTHING" and generally speaking I think it's WAY overselling TW2 in an (overdone) attempt to downplay TW3... That said, I have to agree with that specific complaint.

The closure for that questline was so rushed, abrupt and poorly presented I was pretty baffled at first and it took me a bit to get over it.
I wouldn't mind (read "I'd really like") to see that quest expanded and revamped in the future.

Last edited:
Alright, it's been a long time since I've watched a Witcher related video that was worth it, but this one. Oh my.

You've made an excelent job to put the pieces together in an order that it makes sense, it's just incredible.

Awesome job.

A tribute to the Witcher 3 and some of it's awesome speeches with Dijkstra. For A Higher Cause.

Dedicated to Jan Bartkowicz and Sebastien Stephien, the two guys who made TW2's story the amazing political nuanced tale it ultimately was and without whom Witcher 3 is a lesser game.

Spoilers...Duh.

wait what ? the writers of TW2 weren't in it ? why ?

---------- Updated at 09:46 AM ----------

Well, I know the argument about "dumbed down politics and how they RUINED EVERYTHING" and generally speaking I think it's WAY overselling TW2 in an (overdone) attempt to downplay TW3... That said, I have to agree with that specific complaint.

The closure for that questline was so rushed, abrupt and poorly presented I was pretty baffled at first and it took me a bit to get over it.
I wouldn't mind (read "I'd really like") to see that quest expanded and revamped in the future.
what you said to be the general concensus around the game, and i hope they somehow find a way to fix this, although idk how.
i presonally haven't played TW3 yet, but if the writing is not as good as the previous two, especially having a rushed final act, then i'm going to enjoy the game a lot less.

Last edited:

Tuco

Forum veteran
i presonally haven't played TW3 yet, but if the writing is not as good as the previous two, but especially having a rushed final act, then i'm going to enjoy the game a lot less.
Overall I would actually argue it's even better than the previous ones and the highlights in the game absolutely top anything CDPR did before...
But yes, there are points along the plot where there are few sudden, abrupt drops in quality and care... And the "main villain" is a very flat character, eclipsed even by a lot of "minor antagonists" you'll cross along the story.
Hell, even his lieutenants, while not being exactly shining personalities by themselves, manage to come out as more interesting than he is.

Overall I would actually argue it's even better than the previous ones and the highlights in the game absolutely top anything CDPR did before...
But yes, there are points along the plot where there are few sudden, abrupt drops in quality and care... And the "main villain" is a very flat character, eclipsed even by a lot of "minor antagonists" you'll cross along the story.
Hell, even his lieutenants, while not being exactly shining personalities by themselves, manage to come out as more interesting than he is.
oh joy, how i enjoy flat villains with stupid motivations -_-
i hope at least the story ends on a high note, but the lack of consequences after beating the main story line, as some have indicated, is just baffling to me. there doesn't even seem to be quests that show the world's state after the actions you've done. let's hope all of this get fixed by some additional content in the future, or maybe they're gonna do that with the expansions ? at least i hope so.

Tuco

Forum veteran
oh joy, how i enjoy flat villains with stupid motivations -_-
There are a lot of decent/good "villains" (and even some outstanding ones) in the game.
It's just the Big Bad which is... rather underdeveloped, both because he doesn't shine as a character when he appears and also because he has very little screen time in the first place.
He doesn't really play a meaningful role in the story beside being "that Bad Dude who commands the enemy faction".

i hope at least the story ends on a high note, but the lack of consequences after beating the main story line, as some have indicated, is just baffling to me..
The "high note" is arguable. There's no "lack of consequences", though. The consequences of your actions are told to you in the ending sequences (a short playable vignette, few cutscenes and a narrated recap according to what ending you picked).

What people are complaining about is the fact that after the ending credits you can keep wandering in the world without seeing any post-credit change into the world... The truth is that ironically enough CDPR could just address this preventing you from continuing the game after that... And it would probably be the best choice, given some weird expectations about that.

The idea that they should build entirely different world states to allow you an ego-stroking "victory parade" across the map, even if there isn't any meaningful content left in the game, is honestly a bit silly.

Last edited:
wait what ? the writers of TW2 weren't in it ? why ?

Jan left CDPR because he wanted more creative freedom while Sebastian went on to become the lead writer of Cyberpunk. Together those two had written the vast majority of the plot of TW2. Also Sebastian had been the dialogue writer of TW1.

Jan left CDPR because he wanted more creative freedom while Sebastian went on to become the lead writer of Cyberpunk. Together those two had written the vast majority of the plot of TW2. Also Sebastian had been the dialogue writer of TW1.
thanks for sharing, this really sucks. considering that i can be a very harsh critic when it comes to story in games, i may find the experience less enjoyable than the previous two, if the writing's not solid.

Last edited:
thanks for sharing, this really sucks. considering that i can be a very harsh critic when it comes to story in games, i may find the experience less enjoyable than the previous two, if the writing's not solid.

But the writing is solid. It's just not focused around politics as much as TW2.

Top Bottom