New Secret message

+
I love CDPR but I dunno about the statue. I wish they decided on something different, like that spider machine. I feel like it's kinda weird to make a statue of V when most people are going to customize him/her anyway.

A statue of Johnny Silverhand would've been a little more up there ...

I dunno. I feel like at some point you can see too much a game before playing it you know? A 48 minute demo is a lot.

And we're soon about to get another 50 min one. That's like close to 100 minutes of GAMEPLAY.

Now, my memory isn't what it used to be, but i'm pretty sure that's almost unprecedented for a single player game of this caliber. Actually, for any kind of game, of any caliber. And people are still saying gimme now, now, NOW.. I dunno. I get the passion behind it, the desire, the curiosity to see the next big thing in the entertainment industry with your own eyes and the envy for privileged few that get to do so before you. All i can say is.. relax, it's coming, and it will be great!

Think of it this way.

In the letter they wrote to fans they said that pre-ordering now should be considered as a "thumbs up" i.e. they don't expect you to, but if you want.. the option is there. :shrug:

That "secret" message was set up to address this very thing. More than gameplay I want to know about some mechanics. Not everything, but enough to give us a better understanding of the world and how we will be able to traverse it.

From the very short bit of gamplay I could make out some netrunning(?with new arms?), a related thumb whip laser-like weapon that was used by a character in Johnny Mnemonic(?), a nice mirror for customization(?), hacking ectect...it's not much, but there was a good amount of something given for now just to tickle the interest of people who have no idea what Cyberpunk is.

All in all the AMA is scheduled and Gamescon is coming up in August, hopefully some things are cleared up soon and a bit more released.

Seems unlikely to me. I guess CDPR has weighed their options and decided the chance that a vocal minority of players not only get frustrated about this, but remember it 10 months from now (especially after they show footage at Gamescom in 2 months) is small enough to be worth taking the "risk." And I suppose they're also fairly confident their game will not be "underwhelming."

The reality is, the game is out in 10 months. It is not a long time away. So why keep holding it back.
Look, they are showing a 50 minute demo behind closed doors. Then there is a 25 minute demo on the floor for anyone attending to see.
Why on Earth couldn't they have just released the 25 minute demo for all of us to see? They would still have the full 50 minute demo for Pax/Gamescom.
So I don't buy their excuse and frankly it annoys me, because WE are the paying consumers of this game. I find in irritating holding it back from us and then on top of it all open up "pre-orders"...
It is insulting.. They say "build hype".. I was hyped 6 years ago. I already KNOW I want the game. But I would also like some footage, or do a paying customer not matter? We're already a "sure thing", so we do not matter. Who are they kidding here?
People already know about this game. People that, unlike us, are "not sure" about the game. In what WORLD do you catch them by NOT showing the product?

This is just plain stupid marketing tactics and frankly it makes me doubt them. Why do they need to hide the game? Are they that unsure of their own product? Why do they treat Journalists like people that can see it, but the rest of us like kids that can't see it because we can "get the wrong idea"... I mean for crying out loud. The game is out in 10 months. There is only so much they can change at this point without causing a delay and messing it up.

A whole YEAR we've been waiting for new stuff. There haven't even been any new screenshots, wallpapers or concept art during this time. E3 comes along and we are all excited thinking we're going to see new footage.
What do we get? A CGI trailer that show nothing of the actual game. It's like a slap in the face.

I don't like to be played with and strung along.

^^Did you already forget what happened with their W3 release? They showed E3 footage too early, and when the game released they got blasted for downgrading graphics. They are simply learning from previous experiences and taking actions to mitigate another uproar, should something change in the final stages before the release. If that means showcasing a current gameplay footage 2 months later, then so be it. Who cares?

You say you don't like to be played with and strung along, but at the same time, expect them to show you something that might not end up being a final version of the game... and then come release, we would have a repeat of W3 with people like you moaning about bait and switch tactics. Can't have it both ways.

CDRP's handling this perfectly.

What's the source?

I tried http://internal-cdprojektred.com/ but it doesn't work.

The easiest way is to get all the files if you're a Windows PC user is to download WinSCP, open the address "internal-cdprojektred.com, enter the credentials of "samurai" and "WhenItsReady," then, Alt-Click on the Cyberpunk_2077 folder and download it to wherever you want.
1560406636626.png

1560406878986.png

1560406946037.png
1560407137243.png

Attachments

• 1560407112363.png
    1560407112363.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 94
I would love to see this demo but at the same time I'm thinking I don't want to see or hear any more about the game so I can experience for myself, I'm so torn!

CP77 now looks boring and even worse than 2018 demo, that's why they didn't show it for all. They'll get much more pre orders with great cinematic trailer :smart:

Top Bottom