Blood Eagle still unfair

+
2dmg + deathblow effect allowing to play cards like Hemdall, Harald, Hjalmar or Morkvarg makes this card very versatile, but also somewhat unfair.

Whatever you play, tall or swarm, SK will never let you hold up to your advantage, all tools SK needs lies within that very card, can be played twice but it also deals 4 damage total! And all that for 12P!

Amphibious Assault has limit for a unit cost to play - so should Blood Eagle.

What do you guys think? Should Eagle allow that expensive plays?

2dmg + deathblow effect allowing to play cards like Hemdall, Harald, Hjalmar or Morkvarg makes this card very versatile, but also somewhat unfair.

Whatever you play, tall or swarm, SK will never let you hold up to your advantage, all tools SK needs lies within that very card, can be played twice but it also deals 4 damage total! And all that for 12P!

Amphibious Assault has limit for a unit cost to play - so should Blood Eagle.

What do you guys think? Should Eagle allow that expensive plays?
Both cards are pretty overtuned so I'm not sure AA is the example we should follow. NR can tutor things like Pavetta or Ildko or bronzes which while not focused on removal or point slam gives their engines just as much an advantage and points. Echo tutors should not be a thing, period

Hmm, well I just noticed that SK still kicks ass most of the time, couldn't quite put my finger on what exactly is the cause of this. :p

SK is just way above the rest right now. Blood Eagle is part of the problem.

SK was top in the past seasons and continues to be so in this season.

I really thought that NR was going to overtake them this season, but SK still has the top 2 leaders in the rankings.

I've been preaching this since the day these echo tutors were added. It's not a coincidence that the two factions with the ridiculously flexible echo tutors are also by far the strongest.
I'm not saying it's the only reason why but they're certainly a big part of the brokenness.

If I know CDPR right they will keep looking at everything else but these until a new expansion drops then there's a whole new batch of balance problems to deal with. I don't even think they can be fixed with a provision tweak, even at 13 they're autoinclude, that's how busted they are. If this isn't a giant warning sign that these sorts of tutors are a bad idea I don't know what is, yet they made Blood Eagle tutorable well into the expansion. That's one of those decisions that made me question whether the devs even care anymore.

Even though I absolutely loathe changing card effects entirely both Blood Eagle and Amphibious Assault needs to be made into something completely different, not freaking Vabjorn of all things.

Last edited:
SK is just way above the rest right now. Blood Eagle is part of the problem.

SK was top in the past seasons and continues to be so in this season.

I really thought that NR was going to overtake them this season, but SK still has the top 2 leaders in the rankings.
Well SK is just a natural counter to NR because they can ping the shield or formation advantage rather easily. SK is the only thing getting in NR's way so it'll be between these two faction for the top position until CDPR feels like doing something about it. I'm not holding my breathe. Horizon Zero Dawn is now on PC and I've never played it so it's time for me to have some actual fun.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Well, blood eagle is 12prov and gives you 2dmg, while royal decree is 10prov with no condition, play any unit. That part balances itself out, but obviously doesnt take into account the value of double tutoring, not just once.

Im not defending Blood Eagle exactly, i agree its a powerful tool and one of the reasons SK is one of the dominant factions, but lets not pretend its the source of the problem - there are 4/5 other equally powerful SK cards that make it so consistent and without weaknesses.

Well, blood eagle is 12prov and gives you 2dmg, while royal decree is 10prov with no condition, play any unit. That part balances itself out, but obviously doesnt take into account the value of double tutoring, not just once.

Im not defending Blood Eagle exactly, i agree its a powerful tool and one of the reasons SK is one of the dominant factions, but lets not pretend its the source of the problem - there are 4/5 other equally powerful SK cards that make it so consistent and without weaknesses.
I disagree. A condition like that in a faction that easily pings units is a joke and they have leader abilities that can create a target on your field if there isn't one. Not that they even need to, MM as a whole encourages playing tokens, several archetypes have been buffed to include them.

By your argument we should see Royal Decree being played more than Blood Eagle and that's obviously not the case with good reason.

That condition is equivalent to giving a NG card a condition of "if a card has a status". :coolstory:

DRK3

Forum veteran
I disagree. A condition like that in a faction that easily pings units is a joke and they have leader abilities that can create a target on your field if there isn't one. Not that they even need to, MM as a whole encourages playing tokens, several archetypes have been buffed to include them.

By your argument we should see Royal Decree being played more than Blood Eagle and that's obviously not the case with good reason.

That condition is equivalent to giving a NG card a condition of "if a card has a status". :coolstory:

Where did i imply Royal Decree would be better than Blood Eagle? I even said Blood Eagle is better because of the double tutoring, and that isnt taken into account on its provision cost.

ya1

Forum regular
Eagle is not broken per se. It's broken in a faction with best evaluated bronzes and Vabjorn.

SK warriors is the only deck with a echo tutor that can pull anything and not lose devotion. NR too to a lesser degree, since AA cant tutor their most important ones.
is that OP? well, yes.

SK warriors is the only deck with a echo tutor that can pull anything and not lose devotion. NR too to a lesser degree, since AA cant tutor their most important ones.
is that OP? well, yes.

Exactly that.

- Every other faction has to pay a high price for having this type of versatility when it comes to tutoring.

- You read people saying (not in here), "just play oneiro" which is one of the lamest things i've ever read/heard. We play oneiromancy and break devotion while NR and SK play whatever they like however they like when it comes to choosing between devo decks and neutrals.

- You either remove these Devo tutor cards or give equally
good-versatile tutor tools to every faction.
I would prefer if they were outright removed cause they promote "samey gameplay" which is predictable and boring but there ya go.
You can't say I didn't offer you a choice.

Top Bottom