Rank CDPR games.

+
1. The Witcher 2
2. The Witcher 1
3. The Witcher 3 (the reason for it being so low is because of the feeling that the game was being rushed at every step)

1. The Witcher 3
  2. The Witcher
  3. Thronebreaker
  4. The Witcher 2
  5. (Here would probably be Cyberpunk 2077, but I'm honestly so disappointed in this game, that I don't feel it would be appropriate to put it on same list with the rest of mentioned titles)

Not going to rank them, since i just played TW3 and CP. But i much prefer the latter over The Witcher 3.

While i admire the overall quality of TW3, i just can't get too much into Third Person open-world games. I probably played Elder Scrolls games far too much, so i'm used to first person. Plus, i find controls in TW rather clunky (not Rockstar-level clunkiness, but still), and i honestly didn't care enough for Geralt and his story to finish the thing, let alone going through the expansions, having never played the previous games or read the books.

Cyberpunk is my cup of tea. Controls are responsive, story feels fresh and not the "third chapter of something", and the setting is great. Guess i'm in the minority though, given the godlike-status The Witcher has universally achieved.

1. Witcher 3/Cyberpunk 2077 (Yes I really, truly do, like Cyberpunk this much)
2. Witcher 2
3. Throne Breaker (Beautiful story)
4. Witcher 1
5. Gwent (not a bad game, just prefer story like the rest)
Post automatically merged:

After 90 hours in Cyberpunk, it's time to update the list.

1. The Witcher 2
2. The Witcher 3.
3. Cyberpunk 2077. At the moment. PC version. With minor bugs, without any DLCs or expansions. It has a chance to take the first place, depending on what will be added and fixes. Potential is there, I had good time with it.
4. Thronebreaker
5. The Witcher 1.
Oh yeah, I loved Cyberpunk and honestly almost let other peoples hate make me not like it, but if you stick with it (atleast on PC) and shit like weird NPCs doesnt bother you (I've played enough Bethesda games lol) then I think people would love it if they actually finished it. And the game doesnt even have all the DLC/patches/etc they said they have planned.... so freaking excited tbh.

1. Witcher 3
2. Witcher 1
3. Witcher 2

Cyberpunk 2077 does not deserve to on the list with the above titles. Kind of a turd.

1. The Witcher 3 w/Expansions / The Witcher 1 Enhanced Edition - I could not pick this one, I LOVE the Witcher 1 because it is very immersive in my opinion, you can feel the gritty and dark fantasy world, pretty much staying true to how the book feels. Sure it doesn't have the Witcher 3 level of gameplay and polish but hey, let's be fair.
2. The Witcher 3/ The Witcher 1 - depends on who won above, still can't decide.
3. Cyberpunk 2077 I mentioned somewhere in the forum that this is 'the Witcher 1' of the Cyberpunk series (if any) the one that start it all. Sure it needs a lot of polish, but the feeling is there (and if you understand why I put Witcher 1 on par with the 3rd, you will understand why I said this), it becoming apparent to me after that one scene with Skye. Dark room, Headset On, Air conditioner set on dry. Perfect.
4. The Witcher 2: I thought that this game is pretty rushed. The story also less engaging than the other 2, although it gives a great branching narrative (though I always end up saving Saskia). The worst among the 3, but still one of the best story driven game I have ever played.
5. Thronebreaker: It is very good for mobile game, but I am not really engaged while playing it, the story is good, but nothing more.

But then, I am a very ignorant person. I judged game based on what I feel, often I only find the best moment in gaming and forget all together about the bugs and all. So yeah the ranking might not be the ranking of the game that do nothing wrong made by CDPR, simply games that gives me a lot of impact, and makes me have that, "Oh My" moment.

1.Witcher 3 w/(HoS, BaW)
2.Gwent
3.Witcher 2
4.Witcher 1
5.The Witcher Adventure Game

Only played those CDPR games.

1) Cyberpunk.

That's all.

I'm not a melee player. Prefer magic. And also prefer being able to create my own character. I've long been aware of the Witcher games and know that they've been popular and successful but they're just not really to my tastes. I know for W3 there are some magic mods but I'd still have to get through the first 2 games.

I enjoyed the Netflix Witcher series enough to buy them and played a little bit of the first one. But I grew bored. I might get back to them one day.

If they ever make a Witcher game which can be played as something other than a witcher I'd almost certainly buy that.

1. GWENT
2. The Witcher 2
3. Thronebreaker
4. The Witcher
5. The Witcher Adventure Game

Yeah, I didn't play The Witcher 3 ... but I own it. No graphic card - no fun. But the day will come. Same goes for Cyberpunk.

Cyberpunk 2077. Only CDPR game I've played from start to finish. Did the tutorial to Witcher 3 a few years ago but my rig at the time couldn't really handle the game, so I shelved it. Haven't touched it since.

1. Witcher 3: Imo it's a masterpiece. I started another playthrough recently and no other game I played has such a great atmosphere. Regurarly I stop and just watch the beautiful landscapes. The soundtrack is fantastic, gameplay is decent (great with mods), characters are superb, writing is really good (especially hearts of stone and the bloody baron). It's overall a great and polished package.
2. Witcher 2: The game with which my love for the witcher world began. Back in 2012 I had an awful pc which could barely run the game at 20-30 fps. There was a bug with the german version with special characters like ä, ö. etc. Long story short, the game crashed every 5-10min. The quicksave button was my best friend. Yet I couldn't stop playing. The wolrd, the characters and especially the story (imo by far the best of all witcher games) captivated me and made me play witcher 1 afterwards and read all books.
3. Cyberpunk 2077: I think it's a good, but deeply flawed game. Similar to Witcher 1. I like the gameplay, the story, music, look of the city and characters but it just misses the magic of witcher 3 and doesn't really exceed in many parts.It's like CDPR did the absolute necessary to delive a good product but didn't try to go any further. What is mostly disappointing that imo it's the first main game of CDPR which is worse than the previous one. Each witcher game you could see improvements over the last one while Cyberpunk does step backwards in many areas. As if most of the development team from witcher 3 was replaced by newcomers.
4. Witcher 1: Very impressive for their first game. Great atmosphere but lacking in many other parts.
5. Thronebreaker: Okayish story with gameplay that get's boring after a few hours. I played gwent online for over 2 years and even I decided to change the difficulty to easy and just skip the battles because they get very tedious very fast.

1. Witcher 2 - this is overall CDPR's best game. Especially as an RPG with meaningful choices. I mean, this is a game where depending on a single choice in Act 1, the rest of the game is entirely different, and you really do need to replay the game to find all the answers to all the various plot points. There are just so many different outcomes depending on choices. It's a masterfully told political intrigue story, which depending on your play-through, could have a very different appearance depending on what you know and don't know. Let down mostly by some clunky gameplay/control mechanics and a lack of actual monster hunting. Roache is an absolute bro too, quite possibly one of their best ever written characters.

2. Witcher 3 - the best open-world RPG I have ever played, with side-quests, which while repetitive in terms of mechanics, were often extremely well-written little stories, and a game world that felt full but also realistically crafted. The overall story, while nowhere near as interesting or in-depth compared to Witcher 2, is a wonderful culmination of the journey for the characters which players came to love over the three games. By far the best gameplay mechanics as well of the three games, I found it a good mix of challenge and accessibility. I actually don't get bored playing it. Also has absolute top-tier expansion packs, both are absurdly good.

3. Cyberpunk 2077 - the world crafting is stunning, and for me at least the gameplay loop is fun, although with some major balance issues (leveling is too easy, as is street cred). It's storytelling is far more theme based, as opposed to character based in the Witcher, and for me personally, while it is still excellent story-telling, it lacks something. I think this is why many CP2077 players complain that V is an empty slate, and that many of the characters are a bit too one-dimensional. With Witcher, they had existing characters to built on, and who you go on these amazing journeys with them in which they grow and interact with one another. Whereas with CP, it feels more that they had certain themes that they wanted to focus on in the stories (as opposed to characters who go on a journey) and so the characters became almost like vehicles for the themes. The story beats leave you thinking deeply about complex topics, but compared to the Witcher, I just felt more disconnected from everything.

4. Witcher 1 - I only played the Enhanced Edition, not knowing anything about the IP but looking for cheap RPGs to play, I picked it up on a whim. Story-telling, world building was all amazing, but the engine showed its limits (even in some of the quests they tried to do) and most of the gameplay mechanics are annoying (loading screens on every damned building, the zero-thinking combat - basically just group style into win, and by far the worst inventory of all their games). I actually gave up on the first playthrough right before the final part of the game because the mechanics drove me up the wall, and I only went back to finish it right before Witcher 2 came out.

Not played Thronebreaker or the proper Gwent, although if the latter built properly on the version in Witcher 3, I'd probably love it.

Guest 4563100

1. Witcher 3
2. Witcher 2
3. Gwent
4. Witcher 1
5. Thronebreaker

I do not think cyberpunk is a complete game and deserve ranking. maybe in 2 or 3 years.

1. Witcher 3
  2. Gwent
  3. Cyberpunk 2077
Those are the only CDPR games i've played, so cant really give a view on Witcher 1&2. I'm guessing though, Witcher 2 would probably take 2nd spot followed by witcher 1 then cyberpunk if I had. Cyberpunk may overtake witcher 1.

mbrto

Forum regular
  1. Cyberpunk 2077 (my favourite game of all time)
  2. The Witcher 3
  3. The Witcher 2

1. Cyberpunk 2077 (yes even in current state)
2 Witcher 3
3. Witcher 2
4. Witcher 1
5. Gwent

Never was a huge fan of card games, only good one was Hearthstone really but it got too grindy so I eventually just quit.

Top Bottom