What is your "playstyle" or reason to play gwent?

+
What do you do when you start Gwent? Are you more about making your own decks, or just the usual netdecks? Do you care about rank/whats your rank? Are you a Memeplayer? What are your (least) favourite factions? Do you try to get the latest cards or couldn't you care less about them? Do you play regularily or have you been making longer pauses in beetween playsessions? Are you a beta, veteran or just playing for a year or so?
I'm really interested to see why and how people play gwent.

So for me: I'm a beta, who has stopped playing many times and sometimes got more or less back into it. The last expansion I really was invested in was price of power, because I'm into NR and patience mages was quite an interesting mechanic. Besides that, I'm mostly playing "old decks" which I designed (myself, hate neckdecking) with a few modernising tweeks (oneiromancy) mostly for consistency. I'm either trying to be creative and abusing neutral+fraction synergies or playing self designed meme decks like my current kambideck.
I mainly play SK and sometimes NR or SY. I absolutely hate NG and sometimes some MO annoy me because my deck is weak against some of them. I'm on rank 21 and don't care about it, because low ranks seem to allow more diversity and creativity (#themessage).
Main reason for me to play gwent is to design decks, be creative and show my opponents something new or unusual. And also to have fun, thats why I despise NG and instaforfeit against them.

What are your reasons or your playstyle?

Veteran player here. I play since beta, NG mostly, sometimes SK and MO because I don’t like NR’s “play these cards in that order and see what happens” and SC with its constant abuses.

I enjoy playing my own decks, countering the meta with some surprise cards. Feels good when it happens, but with new card it becomes harder (I don’t play new cards in my decks, their design is too plain, provides too much with little strategy to it).

Returned to the game last month, NG 2460 in pro rank.
No real reason to play the game further, it’s too repetitive

always opponent hase same deck play after 500min expectation.... so stupid auto50% winning random THAT is why your game anpopular:))) polishrandom so random

I've been playing about 3 and 1/2 years. Although I have no desire to play competitively (I play almost exclusively unranked), I would describe myself as a serious player highly focused upon the strategy and tactics of Gwent. I also spend a great deal of time with the game outside of actually playing. There are significant periods of my typical day that I am free to do activities of my choice, but where I am too prone to be interrupted to be able to commit 15 minutes to a match. Thus I spend a lot of time writing articles, studying cards, or planning decks. I have become a Gwent Partner based upon articles written for the Forums.

Playing around one year. I only play ranked and only able to reach to level 12 on each seasson after winning 5 consecutive games. I don't like nor play neutral cards. Never played cards games before. I always play the game muted lol. The factions I enjoy the most are skellege and syndicate. I enjoy how I play nilfgaard, but don't like how others abuse them by using overpowered cards. I tried to have the same number of victorieson all my factions, but recently I got a winning streak with monsters and then by completing daily challenges, my record became:
mo 143
ng 140
nr 131
sc 150
sk 130
sy 145
I like to complain and give my ideas in the forum and I would like the game was balanced.
I don't use cards I believe are overpowered and do not give gg if the other player used them: heat wave, oneiromancer, tibor, renfri, golden nekker, ng cultists, mo bleed, and others I do not remember the names. I have one deck per faction and my decks change little by little, sometimes forced because the devs changed provision cost of a card I had. I have two decks with neutral cards just to complete daily quests.
Post automatically merged:

and I play mostly on my mobile phone.

Last edited:
I've been playing Gwent for over three years. I enjoy the mental challenge of pitting my wits against an opponent, even at my advanced age. I used to play a lot more years ago than I do now largely because the game has changed so much. In the early days cards were not so overpowered and in a match every point counted, these days huge points swings seem to be the norm. Also, I can usually tell after two or three cards if it's worth carrying on, as there are so many overpowered decks that no matter how well I play I don't stand a chance of winning - the quality of the deck is now much more important than the quality of the gameplay. Nevertheless, although my win rate has plunged and my ranking is on the slide, I still find some opponents who haven't embraced the latest netdecks and are a pleasure to play, so I will be continuing to play on a fairly regular basis.

Top Bottom