1.03 Has broken my game.

+
1.03 Has broken my game.

Edit: Meant to post this in PC, sorry mods.

This patch actually made my playability worse. Performance improved, and I like the new sharpen option but this patch has completely obliterated my ability to play. I had a few crashes and freezes just like everyone else prior to the patch but after the patch it has been amplified. I get all forms of the crashes, within 5 mins of playing most of the time. Earlier I launched the game, hit continue and went to get a coffee which took me all of 30 seconds to pour and walk back to my room and I was on my desktop, the game had killed itself within half a min of being launched. It really sucks cause I got about 35 or so hours into the game with minimal crashes and now I can't even launch it without it crashing half the time and the other half it barely makes it passed a few mins. My system specs are as follows:

EVGA 980 FTW
I5 4690k OC'd to 4.2ghz
8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Ram

And before any temporary fixes are listed, I've tried them all. Rolling back drivers, underclocking GPU, going to stock clock on my CPU, killing GeForce exp, streamer service, fullscreen, borderless, different framerates vsync on and off, adaptive vsync, low settings, high settings, the whole shebang nothing made it better.
If anyone of the devs, or people who speak for the devs could please enlighten me on wether or not they are still working on fixing the crashes it would really help ease my mind. Since the patch they just put out seemed to actually make my situation worse and I have a feeling the next patch is going to take a while. Thank you.

Last edited:
I have a similar problem. I only first started the game after 1.03 and it has never actually started.

I did notice that the date stamp the game puts on the file name of the crashinfo is backward by one month and one day though. I have (I think) attached my crashinfo file, as found in <gamefolder>/bin/x64/*.crashinfo or ..

E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\The Witcher 3\bin\x64

I do not have the game installed on C:\ and, while I would not expect it to be an issue, I suppose it's not impossible that some sloppy coder stuck in C:\ and the game is aborting because it cannot find the game data files.

Attachments

• witcher3.exe_crash_20150421_123211081.txt
    7.7 KB · Views: 52
Top Bottom