1.6/1.61 FPS Drops

+
Hi,
I know this is common/old question/issue but I lost nearly +/- 10 fps since 1.6 patch.
Unfortunately 1.61 changed nothing.
I've this problem on two machines, both with NVIDIA GPU (2080 and 3090).
Already tried to reset graphics settings to no avail.
Does anyone have a clue about the cause, and maybe a solution ?
Thank you.

What's your driver version?
I highly recommend 522.25 upwards for significant performance gains.

Yep, indeed, I upgraded to 526.61 and this is a lot better.
However I still wonder why 1.6 caused this performance drop...
Thank you.

Forum regular
I have some FPS drops on radeon 6800 xt during driving across the city which came with 1.6 update so its peopably the same issue. And whats worse, FSR in 1.61 doesnt work for me. The game crashes after enabling FSR 2.1. Maybe its because of some mod, but 1.6 worked with FSR 1 and the same mods stable. I tried the latest driver version and nothing. CP2077 still crashes after FSR enabling.

Yep, indeed, I upgraded to 526.61 and this is a lot better.
However I still wonder why 1.6 caused this performance drop...
Thank you.
having issues with fps since 1.6.1 and 1.6 with last drivers ndvia
i notice worst performance with RT enable , i usually playing with RT on , 1080p setting maxed hight / medium
but now i can't handle RT , at random time after 1h/2h getting heavy drop fps .
the other thing , temp cpu and GPU very hight since 1.6 ,
ndvia drivers on other game is fine . temp cpu and gpu 're quite "standart , 80¨¨c cpu , 60°c GPU but with cyberpnk getting peak 90¨¨c cpu and 80¨¨ gpu ..Oo

playing without RT atm , but its quite boring when you usually played this game with RT on .

my spec rtx 2060 , i7 10750h 16 Go ram ( dual ) ; SSD
funny part on benchmark getting better score with rt off
setting ultra , hight quality texture , RT off , low fps 40 , average fps 73 , max fps 111 , (dlss quality) , temp cpu/gpu on normal scale
setting maxed hight / medium , RT on ( reflexion ) , low fps 29 , average fps 43 , max fps 63 ( dlss quality ) , hight peak temp cpu/gpu

a feeling since last drivers nvdia and since 1.6/1.6.1 dlss quite missing when RT is enable .

i'll try to roll back on an old build nvdia driver.

Update after lot of testing.
On my RTX 3090/AMD 5950x, it seems I regained the FPS I lost with patch 1.6 by using new NVIDIA Drivers: +/-10fps drops with 1.6/1.61, +/-10fps gains with NV 526.61.
However, this is not surprising as DX12 has been improved with the new line of NV drivers... I mean, globally for all games.
So it seems to me that the better drivers perf only compensate the worst perf of the game with 1.6...

But on my other setup RTX 2080ti/i5820k (I know it is a rather old CPU), I didn't. Perf is still lower even with the new NV drivers...

Please CDPR, could you explain why this perf drops happened with 1.6?

Thanx

update
i 've dl the last ndvia driver 526.86
running better
wih to RT , steady 60 fps ( frametime quite low )
dlss quality
1080p
texture quality hight
all setting setting max
( only cloud quality at medium )
crowd density medium

RT on reflexion
above 40/45 fps steady ( with some input lag )
but with i get time to time drop fps
it may be crowd density / car , with this setting at low
changing other setting don't seems to have any impact on fps drop
- tryed ssr , AO , ..

placebo or not , getting the feeling the image getting more sharp with last ndvia drivers .

about temp/gpu issues to fix it
with last drivers on this game , on control nvdia panel
- power management ; performance
- filtering shader on quality
( hight performance , give now some peak temp with this game )

I have Nvidia RTX 2070 Super with i7 9700k. I have updated the drivers to the last and low FPS is still an issue for me and many people. My pc was running cyberpunk fine before 1.6 so its surely a game issue. Low fps especially in open areas with NPCs

Top Bottom