[2.01] Sinnerman: did the devs test it? Probably not.

+
I had finished Sinnerman not long before another crash, no problems. Happy they repaired the bug when you get Rachel all angry with V even though it should have been a happy call.
At any rate, no issues as I played that quest so many times I just know when those cars come out. One car that pops out I use it to stop the trucks slide.

Yep, Did this quest yesterday again and it sucked hard. The ncpd car is 30M away from me and he says stop you lost them f'ing useless. Other times the ncpd car was over 100M away and that was cool. Had to do this about 10 times, So yes I agree you need to be able to blow this idiots head off instead of listening to the annoying dialog he has.

The quest was anoying enough before the changes to car handling and NCPD. I tried to complete the first part 10 times and gave up for the first time ever in CP 2077.

1696867197665.png

Devs here's a chalenge for you: play the quest. All those scripted cars throwing themselves in front of you... I want to see you avoid them. Post the video and tell me how many tries it took before you finally made it. That or just let me shot Bill Jablonsky in the face. Seriously, I'll triple whatever he paid to Wakako just to be able to blow his head of and be done with the damn quest.

Feel free to disagree.
I do agree that the traffic is way too obviously programmed to explicitly collide with the player. You see most of them explicitly waiting for the player to approach, to then drive on to ensure a collision.

With that I fully agree with you that the gig unfortunately, does not exactly do a good job of making the traffic look like pure coincidence. The fact it also needs to be executed with a vehicle that likes to go straight when turning, and keeps turning when it needs to go straight, with mouse & keyboard, yeah, that could pose a challenge.

But, it is doable. All you need to do is just keep going after a collision. Do not give up because you want to do it without. You'll only get frustrated. At a certain distance the target will even "wait" for you. Just hit the choo.

Last edited:
Personally I have no issue avoiding them at all while pursuing them at full speed, but those scripted cars are the worst case of how terribly done scripted sequences can be, a great example of how not to do it.
I never liked that part. It feels so artificial, like those rides at the Luna Park. They work as bad as those scripted car chases and gun fight events, with those cars totally ignoring the environment around them and crashing against the normal traffic, then flying in the air as they keep shooting from the vehicle itself. It looked quite embarassing for a game that cost half a billion in total. Not exactly was I was expecting after 3 years of waiting. The races with Claire are also disappointing, the opponents keep spawning behind you if you're first and start being too distant.

Sinnerman is a great example of how the game has really uneven, and quality can do a complete 180 from impressively detailed to low effort placeholder in a few seconds. The tone is all over the place too, you go from some derpy car chase that would've felt bad in GTA3 to the morality play that the rest of the quest includes.

The chase is embarrassingly bad. I find it baffling this is in a AAA game.
You should have the option to execute Stephenson there and then.

It really needs a rework, but that probably won't happen now.

Sinnerman is a great example of how the game has really uneven, and quality can do a complete 180 from impressively detailed to low effort placeholder in a few seconds. The tone is all over the place too, you go from some derpy car chase that would've felt bad in GTA3 to the morality play that the rest of the quest includes.

The chase is embarrassingly bad. I find it baffling this is in a AAA game.
You should have the option to execute Stephenson there and then.

It really needs a rework, but that probably won't happen now.
Exactly! It totally clashes against the otherwise excellent direction of many other aspects of the game. It felt totally out of place and it surely needed a rework.

The races with Claire are also disappointing, the opponents keep spawning behind you if you're first and start being too distant.
Not sure you played the race in 2.0, but I far as I know, it's no longer the case. The other cars do not longer (re)spawn right behind you. Which make the car chase during Sinnerman ever weirder :D

Not sure you played the race in 2.0, but I far as I know, it's no longer the case. The other cars do not longer (re)spawn right behind you. Which make the car chase during Sinnerman ever weirder :D
Are you sure? I did do one race with claire, and I noticed that on certain occasions the cars reappeared behind me, the difference is, you don't see them appearing in and out of existence on the minimap.

Are you sure? I did do one race with claire, and I noticed that on certain occasions the cars reappeared behind me, the difference is, you don't see them appearing in and out of existence on the minimap.
I kept an eye (well not all the time of course), above all during Badlands race (hard to win because Beast is now very slow, I restarted the race 6-7 times easily...) and Santo Domingo race (the one you can't win, no matter if you're first, Luigi is always the winner) but none the distances from other to you seem to decrease abrutly.
Ok, I assume if they're way too far, they start to have some "god-like" driving skills and speeds to not being left miles away, but I completed all the races and I didn't notice a car being teleported (meaning being far and, suddently close).

Races receive improvements in 2.0, that's for sure. But I didn't always look back, so well...

I kept an eye (well not all the time of course), above all during Badlands race (hard to win because Beast is now very slow, I restarted the race 6-7 times easily...) and Santo Domingo race (the one you can't win, no matter if you're first, Luigi is always the winner) but none the distances from other to you seem to decrease abrutly.
Ok, I assume if they're way too far, they start to have some "god-like" driving skills and speeds to not being left miles away, but I completed all the races and I didn't notice a car being teleported (meaning being far and, suddently close).

Races receive improvements in 2.0, that's for sure. But I didn't always look back, so well...
Teleporting, no. Light speed and inertialess handling, yes. Less immersion breaking but the end result is the same: a Chevillon Emperor keeping up with my Caliburn. That's a 6.1 ton brick of a car with a 528 HP engine keeping up with a 3.5 ton streamlined car with 1.6K HP engine.

I hate scripted sequences. Last night I finally moved to the PL content and right at the start found another annoying gig where I had to
save the hides of two gonk cops
Is not nearly as bad as Sinnerman but it comes quite close with the only saving grace of being somewhat funny if you like very dark humor and the possibility of ending it with
not just one but two iconics

Top Bottom