[2.01] Sinnerman: did the devs test it? Probably not.

+

AGlezB

Forum regular
The quest was anoying enough before the changes to car handling and NCPD. I tried to complete the first part 10 times and gave up for the first time ever in CP 2077.

1696867197665.png

Devs here's a chalenge for you: play the quest. All those scripted cars throwing themselves in front of you... I want to see you avoid them. Post the video and tell me how many tries it took before you finally made it. That or just let me shot Bill Jablonsky in the face. Seriously, I'll triple whatever he paid to Wakako just to be able to blow his head of and be done with the damn quest.

Feel free to disagree.

AGlezB

Forum regular
First try today :D
Way easier now with the driving improvements in 2.0. But to be fair, I played the game a bunch so I know where and when cars jump in front of you.
I'm still on the fence with the driving changes being called improvements. Lots of changes in 2.0. Improvements? Not so much.

AGlezB

Forum regular
Depend if you play on controller or keyboard... On controller, driving in 2.0 is improved, no doubt ;)
Glad to hear it. I'm on KB+M and Very Hard difficulty, tho I'm not sure that part of the quest is any different in Easy.

I also have sensitivity at min and even the the only car that handles mostly fine is the Caliburn

1696869637861.png

Glad to hear it. I'm on KB+M and Very Hard difficulty, tho I'm not sure that part of the quest is any different in Easy.

I also have sensitivity at min and even the the only car that handles mostly fine is the Caliburn
No, I don't think it's easier. But respect to those who drive with keyboard (and finish Beast In Me races and this quest), because for sure I wouldn't be able to myself :)

AGlezB

Forum regular
Personally I have no issue avoiding them at all while pursuing them at full speed, but those scripted cars are the worst case of how terribly done scripted sequences can be, a great example of how not to do it.
The scripted cars are garbage but my issue is more with crowds and the other cars. Hit a walker: NCPD gets called and instant fail. Hit a car too hard: NCPD gets called and instant fail. That's why I said the devs didn't test it.
Post automatically merged:

Update: the driving part is very easy with low crowd density.

1696870638269.png

Try it on both low and high and you'll see the difference. This is just stupid.

Last edited:

View attachment 11368831
Friend you may find that sensitivity 1 is not ideal anymore. Try setting it to 50 and driving around for a while, adjust it up and down slightly from there to see what feels better. 50 seems to be roughly the middle ground between understeering and oversteering for me, I think I settled on like 45 or something like that off the top of my head but I could probably stand to fiddle with it just a bit more.

Friend you may find that sensitivity 1 is not ideal anymore. Try setting it to 50 and driving around for a while, adjust it up and down slightly from there to see what feels better. 50 seems to be roughly the middle ground between understeering and oversteering for me, I think I settled on like 45 or something like that off the top of my head but I could probably stand to fiddle with it just a bit more.

I did test in 10 points interval down from 100. I don't know if it's something related to the polling rate of my KB but 1 is the one that works best for me.

Other than that I'm sure you know the driving physics are just poorly designed for us kb&m users. We are slamming the brakes and the gas pedal all the way down and cranking the steering wheel left to right. It seems harder to power through corners than it used to be, but I've still had a lot of success with tapping the e brake while holding the gas to maintain traction while turning on a dime with most vehicles.

Also be sure you don't have some leftover effects from an old mod affecting it, driving mods are notorious for leaving changes behind even after uninstalling them.

Last edited:
Other than that I'm sure you know the driving physics are just poorly designed for us kb&m users. We are slamming the brakes and the gas pedal all the way down and cranking the steering wheel left to right. It seems harder to power through corners than it used to be, but I've still had a lot of success with tapping the e brake while holding the gas to maintain traction while turning on a dime with most vehicles.
Oh, yeah. Same. Had to move a few keybindings around tho. That said I don't think this is any better compared to how it was before. I feel like every car handles like a front-heavy RWD regardless of engine placemente or drive configuration. The feeling I get from the whole 2.0 update is that is rushed, incomplete, untested. The only actual improvement I've seen so far is the slider for the Camera Auto Reset Time and I wish it had an OFF setting instead.

Personally I have no issue avoiding them at all while pursuing them at full speed, but those scripted cars are the worst case of how terribly done scripted sequences can be, a great example of how not to do it.
I always wondered why they did this car chase like that (meaning as worse as possible). It can't hardly be worst to be honest and above all, it doesn't serve any purpose during the quest, except to be annoying the first times... Knowing that all other "scripted" car chases feel not as bad (like the one during "Dream on").

Oh, yeah. Same. Had to move a few keybindings around tho. That said I don't think this is any better compared to how it was before. I feel like every car handles like a front-heavy RWD regardless of engine placemente or drive configuration. The feeling I get from the whole 2.0 update is that is rushed, incomplete, untested. The only actual improvement I've seen so far is the slider for the Camera Auto Reset Time and I wish it had an OFF setting instead.
Yeah I have a lot of gripes with this update myself. It feels like a mod pack I played for skyrim back in the day that tried to overcomplicate the way the skills worked. Good ideas but hard to hack that many things into a game that way without problems and under intense play things would just break. I often get triple and quadruple jumps with extra air dashes for example with nothing around me to have stepped on. Paperclips and chewing gum holding it together sometimes.

I'm on a fresh install on a brand new computer I got last month with no mods installed, well until this morning. I finally broke down and got one to restore melee kerenzikov use because it's how it should be.

Last edited:
I always wondered why they did this car chase like that (meaning as worse as possible). It can't hardly be worst to be honest and above all, it doesn't serve any purpose during the quest, except to be annoying the first times... Knowing that all other "scripted" car chases feel not as bad (like the one during "Dream on").
I don't mind most car chases because they're are action packed and you're shooting at them and they're shooting at you and everything is fine with the world. The one in Sinnerman is not a car chase, it's a stupid mistake that shouldn't have seen the light of day.

There are many things wrong with that quest starting with the fact that as V, I wouldn't take the client on a mission in the first place. You want to see him die? Ok. Standard M.O.: get in the car, drive there, kill anyone that stands in the way, knock the guy out, throw him in the trunk, deliver him to the client, done. Then add that cannot save from the moment you get in the car with Bill Jablonsky until after you get to Zuleikha's place.

EDIT: Also Rachel is marked as an important NPC so like Bill you can't just shoot her in the face.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:

Honestly I can't even come up with a good explanation for that entire sequence :D

Just like you said it serves no actual purpose other than to intentionally hinder the player in the worst way imaginable. RIP physics, RIP inertia, RIP realism. Here's a truck standing completely still and then instantly boosting 100MPH in under 2 seconds just to block the player's path :D

At least all the other scripted driving/chasing sequences in the game although are clearly scripted too, at least they try to somewhat hide that fact and attempt to make it seem realistic. But Sinnerman... worst scripted sequence in the game.

I'm sure it's supposed to be an homage to something or another, there's no way they designed it to be this wacky on accident right?

The scripted cars are garbage but my issue is more with crowds and the other cars. Hit a walker: NCPD gets called and instant fail. Hit a car too hard: NCPD gets called and instant fail. That's why I said the devs didn't test it.
Post automatically merged:

Update: the driving part is very easy with low crowd density.

View attachment 11368840

Try it on both low and high and you'll see the difference. This is just stupid.

I twigged to it being striking pedestrians/cars that was causing it to fail, eventually anyway. After 10+ failed attempts same as you I tweaked crowd density down to low. Only took a couple more after that, but by the time I got to the meeting under the overpass, I was very much over the whole thing, hoped out of the car, waited for Jablonsky to get offed, then sniped Joshua and bolted before the level 2000 cop could come after me. Job done, gig closed. Never again.

hoped out of the car, waited for Jablonsky to get offed, then sniped Joshua and bolted before the level 2000 cop could come after me. Job done, gig closed. Never again.
That's the bad point of the (bad) car chase...
Shame you missed the "interesting" part of the quest because of that :(

That's the bad point of the (bad) car chase...
Shame you missed the "interesting" part of the quest because of that :(
Oh, I've played it before several times. I was past frustrated with it this time so went with the cold blooded resolution so I could get on with other things.

(as an aside, I think the thread of jobs that come out of it are interesting, but a missed opportunity for player self determination - the original gig is to help Jablonsky, everything past that is all on V, and there are too many railed sections IMO for it to feel like you have real independence, which is a shame for such a boundary pushing line of quests, but that's been my critique of it since day 1 :) )

Top Bottom