20 best Sci-fi albums

+
20 best Sci-fi albums

So i'm not too sure of the line up they have here and they are sci-fi moreso then anything cyber punk however they do have one of my all time favorite albums ELO's Time. Anyway thought this would be a fun share and to see what you guys might think defines a cool sci-fi/ cyber punk album.

here is the link to the top 20: http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/09/the-20-best-sci-fi-albums-from-radiohead-to-misfits/

The album line up is as follows:
20. Misfits – Walk Among Us
19. Iron Maiden – Somewhere in Time
18. Goldfrapp – Black Cherry
17. Gorillaz – Plastic Beach
16. Electric Light Orchestra – Time
15. The Bryds – Fifth Dimension
14. Bjork - Homogenic
13. Air – Moon Safari
12. The Mars Volta – De-Loused in the Comatorium
11. Thomas Dolby – The Golden Age of Wireless
10. OutKast – ATLiens
9. The Flaming Lips – Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
8. Janelle Monáe – The ArchAndroid
7. Parliament – Mothership Connection
6. Rush - 2112
5. Kraftwerk – The Man-Machine
4. Daft Punk – Discovery
3. Pink Floyd – Dark Side of the Moon
2. David Bowie – The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
1. Radiohead – Kid A

To be honest i'm not too sure abotu some of this selection lol but hey - have at it people what do you think?

there are definitely some strange selections and omissions i would say.

but thats what makes it fun to discuss as well.

I would have loved to see something from Jean-Michel Jarre or Mike Oldfield perhaps or even some movie sound tracks as they can have that imaginative cyberpunk/sci-fi feel to them

Oh, and let's not forget about half of Ministry's back catalogue could go in there, and replace the fluff and filler (read: the albums I have never heard, and thus reject out of hand)

Pffft! Downward Spiral maybe... Everything since Trent quit "drinking" is as bland as dry ricecakes...
I was thinking more of the subject matter of the alblum. Dystopia world runs throughout it. Granted the last song of aliens coming in and wiping the world clean makes it more into the sci-fi than cyberpunk.

Everything since Trent quit "drinking" is as bland as dry ricecakes...

Couldn't agree more. I went to a gig not long after that first 'clean' album was reeased. I enjoyed the support act more than NiN. Non of the band members were even keeping time, I watched the lead guitar lose his place 3 or more times and the music kept going, even though he had stopped playing...

Couldn't agree more. I went to a gig not long after that first 'clean' album was reeased. I enjoyed the support act more than NiN. Non of the band members were even keeping time, I watched the lead guitar lose his place 3 or more times and the music kept going, even though he had stopped playing...
Well Trent has been using tape in concert since day 1 of his career. Doesn't surprise me. And I agree there is a lack of the raging violence in his newer stuff.

Heh. Which was his first clean album? Wait..GOOGLE.

Hmm. I really liked With Teeth. "Right Where It Belongs" might be my favourite NiN song.

The other albums, not so much. Not bad, just not great.

Could be the usual late-career flag, though.

Heh. Which was his first clean album? Wait..GOOGLE.

Hmm. I really liked With Teeth. "Right Where It Belongs" might be my favourite NiN song.

The other albums, not so much. Not bad, just not great.

Could be the usual late-career flag, though.

Nope. He got his life sorted, and thus has sweet fuck-all to sing about any more...

Top Bottom