3rd Person Mode is Here! [Third-party mod.]

+
For me that would only work in VR, and not just by having a first-person perspective on a monitor. Also - different people have different preferences - why not let the player decide?
One day as more and more understanding comes regarding how we experience and perceive identity comes to light, I believe games developers will come to the understanding that the 1st person vs 3rd person debate is extremely important to immersion and quality experience of gaming. There are people who can't even play first person games without literally getting sick and throwing up and others who are almost entirely thrown out of the experience of the game because of the way we experience identity projection.

Now that gaming is by far the number one most popular and profitable form of entertainment, more and more diverse sets of individuals who perceive and experience things from different perspectives need to be served accordingly. Of course regardless of what people need, artists should always have the ability to create art according to their vision.

With gaming though there is a balance to be achieved because while I do believe gaming can be an art form of sorts in some rare cases, it's primarily a product created to sell no different than any other product and the consumers needs should be met. So ultimately while I do fully support games developers creating the game they imagine from an artistic perspective, there is a balance that should be aimed for so that the most amount of people can enjoy and support the product and especially so in AAA games when it doesn't destroy the vision or integrity of the game.

For instance I'm not gay or trans and I like everyone else have my own opinions about everything under the sun and so while I don't want any ideologies forced into games, I completely understand people needing the options which allow them to experience the product in such a way that they feel like they are a part of the experience most especially in role playing games. I don't want a female V with a schlong but I also don't have a problem with the option being there for the people that do. I don't want to have a gay experience in games but I understand and empathize with people who do and I want them to have that option just as I would hope they can empathize with me.

Also I fully recognize that this pursuit of creating something for everyone often results in a product for no one and so again I feel ultimately the goal should be the pursuit of balance and reason. A genuine effort to serve the needs of various people without the creator being forced into anything and without the player being left out in the cold. It's a delicate balance and a difficult pursuit but one I think that is worthy of the effort.
Post automatically merged:

So you can finally see female V running around naked with bouncy biiig boobs and extreme female animation?, useless, you want to do good thing for this game open up doors, add quest and so on, third person in this case is pretty useless
download (13).png

How we look is completely and totally meaningless even to our experience of how we look because we cannot see ourselves unless we stop playing the game.

No, it's because there's no gameplay mechanics based on reactions of the NPCs to your look, as it was supposed to be.

The fact that you can't see your character is meaningless, seeing V would change absolutely nothing. Also this kind of games is shit to play on third person. The fast paced combat or the stealth sections are absolute garbage in TPP.

No, it's because there's no gameplay mechanics based on reactions of the NPCs to your look, as it was supposed to be.

The fact that you can't see your character is meaningless, seeing V would change absolutely nothing. Also this kind of games is shit to play on third person. The fast paced combat or the stealth sections are absolute garbage in TPP.
What is the purpose of arguing subjective opinions as if they are facts? I understand what you're talking about in terms of the missing game play elements but that isn't the extent of the issue as a whole, it's an aspect of it.

What is the purpose of arguing subjective opinions as if they are facts? I understand what you're talking about in terms of the missing game play elements but that isn't the extent of the issue as a whole, it's an aspect of it.
In this case seeing V in third person is only for the eyes of player, and for the mod community, nothing else

Looks gross, and the last thing this game needs is a third person mode. Its simply designed around FP. If that is a dealbreaker for you, maybe play something else? I'm so sick of it, that everyone always believes, that everything has to be adapted to their personal needs.

Looks gross, and the last thing this game needs is a third person mode. Its simply designed around FP. If that is a dealbreaker dor you, maybe play something else? I'm so sick of it, that everyone always believes, that everything has to be adapted to their personal needs.
So you want people to adapt to your personal needs so you don't feel sick?

download (43).jpg

The above is actually the same coin. The heads and tails make up that coin, you can call heads "right" if you want and "tails" wrong if you want but both create the other and they are one and the same seen from a different angle. When you judge others, you judge yourself.

Last edited:
In this case seeing V in third person is only for the eyes of player, and for the mod community, nothing else
And for recording hilarious videos to put on Youtube, at this point. Those animations are brutal. But maybe a fair bit more videos with those animations is the way to get CDPR to actually get V's animations sorted out.

That said, I do have to agree that it would be nice if we could easily take a step back and check out if V is sufficiently stylish in a given situation without having to bother with photo mode. Boxing and sword fighting in third person would be easier too, most likely. Just don't make it over-the-shoulder mode. If I'm going to stare at my butt then make me do it front and center, not down in the corner of my screen, dang it. Also, the lack of symmetry weirds me out.

so you are the type who like to go around Night City naked or with biig boobs and extreme female animation, like some skyrim female?
How did you come up with that question out of me asking you what the purpose is of arguing subjective opinions as if they are facts?

And for recording hilarious videos to put on Youtube, at this point. Those animations are brutal. But maybe a fair bit more videos with those animations is the way to get CDPR to actually get V's animations sorted out.

That said, I do have to agree that it would be nice if we could easily take a step back and check out if V is sufficiently stylish in a given situation without having to bother with photo mode. Boxing and sword fighting in third person would be easier too, most likely. Just don't make it over-the-shoulder mode. If I'm going to stare at my butt then make me do it front and center, not down in the corner of my screen, dang it. Also, the lack of symmetry weirds me out.
I am perfectly fine with some limited 3rd person view (in certain situations), but not for all the lenght of the game

So you want people to adapt to your personal needs so you don't feel sick?
No, I want people to understand that not everything is for them, just like I have to accept that not everything is for me.
I don't like the new Assassins Creed cause i don't like the look of the new female protagonsit. But I would never complain about that online. I just accept, that it's not for me. Maybe next time.
If you have a problem with something, move on and find something else.

Dude, we are talking about a video game.
Yes we are and part of that conversation is not acting like a tyrant and projecting our demands onto others. If you want to point a finger, it will only ever be pointed back at you. Whatever you are sick of, it is you that is sick and it won't help you if you go around trying to cure everyone else of what is causing you to suffer.
Post automatically merged:

It's a fricking game, not a life altering decision. Do you by battlefield games then go bitch on their forums about the lack of 3pp?
I guess ultimately that would depend upon your perceptions of my behavior. Look at me and tell me what you see within yourself if you want.

Can't wait for this to get improved! Unfortunately, my wife does not play first person games, since some of them make her sick and some of them she just can't get into, she pretty much hates first person for various reasons.

I installed Cyberpunk on her PC and she played for about 10min and then asked if it has 3rd person...I told her "One day babe, one day"...her playtime is still at 10min, waiting for that 3rd person mod or official addition :sneaky:

Top Bottom