A small idea for scenarios

+

Yay or nay?

• Total voters
I think scenarios should be row effects rather than artifacts - like weather, but without any additional changes.
That's literally the whole idea. Nothing else. But I think it would have some positive indirect consequences -

1) Invalidate one of the key reasons to use Korathi 'mustplay' Heatwave in every deck, thus indirectly nerfing it (which is good, this card has no business being so versatile)

2) Give us more good(-ish) tech options to counter scenarios, thus making the whole interaction a bit less binary, and unlike with Heaver previously, these options will never be a miserable brick.

3) Make a step towards reinvigorating weather cards/Frost archetype, if just a bit - but who knows, it might lead to the creation of some new extra-annoying Revenant, Wild Hunt or GS archetype? Maybe not right away, but it's a step in the right direction, I think. Maybe it could also prop up the less used Deathblow/Bloodthirst cards as well. Generally, if Weather cards become a staple tech, we may discover some new interesing combos eventually (like something Shirru, something Blizzard, or even Wolfsbane, who knows!)

4) It just makes more sense thematically for a scenario to be 'interrupted' by unfavorable weather, so there you have it, a bit more immersion, too.

edit: 5) Also it would be a good reason to make scenarios more affordable in terms of provision, so that your entire gameplan doesn't depend on them as much.

Discussion is welcome.

Last edited:
Well I think you are a bit wrong about heatwave. Usually a well made deck will have 2 or 3 targets for a heatwave. an engine with the strategem or without that can create carryover or set up your next few turns, a defender, a leader unit. Its up to the player to lure it out or choose and adjust his strategy according to it.

Top Bottom