About the broken stat and mod stacking system.

+
Reposting this from another thread because there appears to be a lack of better understanding on this issue. It has lead to many posts contemplating build effectivity or what the point of perks even are, or why you are doing so much damage.

How come no one has pointed out that stats do not actually function properly? This has been invisible to virtually everyone playing this game, maybe bar a select few posts that have vanished into obscurity. Stats from armor mods do not work properly.

Stack movement speed mods upon all of your items. You never move faster. Unequip your full critical damage set. You do not do less damage. I am assuming out of a lack of better knowledge that they are snapshotting your highest stat you have acquired up until an internal hard cap is set into place to keep you from breaking the game, as in running faster than you can even bunnyhop. Armor appears to work but there is no evidence that anything is actually taking place given the disproportionate and scaling damage numbers in the game. Reddit posts have contemplated on whether it might just be that you have more than one mod equipped, which deactivates all mods. With a lack of information even in-game and what appears to be total ignorance on this issue, I see no immediate fix in the future.

If you are reading this, developers or players, spread the word that armor mods do not work properly just like many perks in the game. Deeper developer interest needs to be placed here because this is a critical flaw in gameplay and I have no idea how this survived playtesting other than it being entirely intentional to blur any awareness of the lack of a better system. The whole of the leveling and enemy scaling system might honestly have been a band-aid for the inability to balance the game in time for release, short and bittersweet.

Because it does not matter as every build is overpowered on any difficulty.

That was the point I was trying to reach: everything is overpowered and strong because they designed for you to succeed in any situation, regardless of disproportionate enemy damage on higher difficulties. There are no bullet sponges to compensate for this bizarre scaling either. They could not balance the game in time for release, I am gathering, and this was the result. You could have no perk or attribute investment and still succeed.

Did read all of it. Also agree on
Deeper developer interest needs to be placed here because this is a critical flaw in gameplay and I have no idea how this survived playtesting other than it being entirely intentional to blur any awareness of the lack of a better system. The whole of the leveling and enemy scaling system might honestly have been a band-aid for the inability to balance the game in time for release, short and bittersweet.
Still think it does not matter whether skills/mods/cyberware work as long as this is a thing:
Point I tried to make was that it does not change anything as long as there is no difficulty.

It does not change anything either if they are not aware of these issues, thus me trying to point this out. It gets discussed less and less than it should as stacking is not working properly, or at all. I would rather they just remove damage numbers and myself pretend I am shooting at a generic enemy from a baseline cheap shooter if this is the system they intended.

It does not change anything either if they are not aware of these issues, thus me trying to point this out. It gets discussed less and less than it should as stacking is not working properly, or at all. I would rather they just remove damage numbers and pretend who I am shooting at is a generic enemy from a baseline cheap shooter if this is the system they intended.
You got a point there, but I don't believe Mr. Commitment-to-quality that the problems present were not showing during QA. The apology was just a legal piece and CDPR QA people(if they exist) are as capable as their devs. To quote 21kiloton review: "The game is not unfinished, it is not even made."

I do not believe it either as anyone with even weak peripherals could see the visual errors in place at all times through texture and object pop-in, low-poly placeholders, and certain gameplay functions not even taking priority in the streaming system. That is, on anything but the most expensive and overpriced computers they could afford to create the best possible game they could envision (for themselves)? How come my Projectile Launch System cannot fire until everything in the scene is properly loaded, yet I can fire most (if not all) weapons and melee swing enemies to death before they even load their AI? Is it because the projectile from the Launch System is actually taking priority after the scene loads all cars and characters? Consistently this seems to be the case.

Top Bottom