Cyberware upgrading is wacky

+
So I'm at level 60 and now have enough tier 5 components and money to upgrade my cyberware. I have the perk that gives a 3rd stat option for tier 3 and above.
Shock absorber going from Tier 5 to Tier 5+, one of the choices has +melee damage, +weapon handling, +chem damage. This one I'm not too sure about because I don't know if the weapon handling stat affects melee attacks (I suspect it doesn't) so this particular combination doesn't quite jive together.

I actually just noticed that my Toxic Mantis Blades tier 5 to tier 5+ gives the same stat combination (so these groupings of stats are static? and its the groupings are random?). But I reloaded my save to make this post, and before I didn't get this combination. I actually had +crit chance to enemies affected by burn...except these blades aren't thermal. So it seems like reloading gives you 2 other random collections of stats to pick (when I say 2 others, you get 3 options to pick when upgrading, with 1 being the same collection of stats you already have equipped).

Titanium Bones - I've noticed at lower levels going from Tier 2 to Tier 3 or maybe 3 to 4, there is actually a reduction in carry capacity (something like 4 or 6%). Now I see it again going from tier 5 to tier 5+, all 3 options show 62% carry capacity whereas what I already have is 66% carry capacity.

So essentially what I would like is just the option to pick the stat modifiers (and correct upgrades like titianium bones, I haven't check other cyberware but upgrades should always be upgrades).
I think maybe we should have cyberware mods like weapon mods and we can insert them into the implants (think gems from diablo like games).
I hope I made sense with this post. I'm sure other players have noticed this.

edit: so it looks like for ALL of my equipped cyberware (they're all mostly tier 5, except for legs), all of the stat combinations are the exact same choices - doesn't matter if its kiroshi's, microgenerators, smart link....whatever - the 2nd choice is mitigation strength, bonus stealth dmg, melee dmg resistance. And the 3rd choice is melee damage, weapon handing, chem damage. All of my cyberware is only giving me these 2 other upgrade paths. Intended? (I guess its not random??)

Last edited:
It appears that upgrading Cyberware from Tier 4 to 5 is bugged...lots of people are noticing this problem. In some cases, the 'upgrade' is an absolute _downgrade. I'll be sticking with Tier 4 stuff, untill it's resolved.

When i want a new set of options i upgrade a white cyberware and next run i buy alot of them when they are there. The system is indeed wacky.

So I'm at level 60 and now have enough tier 5 components and money to upgrade my cyberware. I have the perk that gives a 3rd stat option for tier 3 and above.
Shock absorber going from Tier 5 to Tier 5+, one of the choices has +melee damage, +weapon handling, +chem damage. This one I'm not too sure about because I don't know if the weapon handling stat affects melee attacks (I suspect it doesn't) so this particular combination doesn't quite jive together.

I actually just noticed that my Toxic Mantis Blades tier 5 to tier 5+ gives the same stat combination (so these groupings of stats are static? and its the groupings are random?). But I reloaded my save to make this post, and before I didn't get this combination. I actually had +crit chance to enemies affected by burn...except these blades aren't thermal. So it seems like reloading gives you 2 other random collections of stats to pick (when I say 2 others, you get 3 options to pick when upgrading, with 1 being the same collection of stats you already have equipped).

Titanium Bones - I've noticed at lower levels going from Tier 2 to Tier 3 or maybe 3 to 4, there is actually a reduction in carry capacity (something like 4 or 6%). Now I see it again going from tier 5 to tier 5+, all 3 options show 62% carry capacity whereas what I already have is 66% carry capacity.

So essentially what I would like is just the option to pick the stat modifiers (and correct upgrades like titianium bones, I haven't check other cyberware but upgrades should always be upgrades).
I think maybe we should have cyberware mods like weapon mods and we can insert them into the implants (think gems from diablo like games).
I hope I made sense with this post. I'm sure other players have noticed this.

edit: so it looks like for ALL of my equipped cyberware (they're all mostly tier 5, except for legs), all of the stat combinations are the exact same choices - doesn't matter if its kiroshi's, microgenerators, smart link....whatever - the 2nd choice is mitigation strength, bonus stealth dmg, melee dmg resistance. And the 3rd choice is melee damage, weapon handing, chem damage. All of my cyberware is only giving me these 2 other upgrade paths. Intended? (I guess its not random??)
truly

Top Bottom