After 150 Hours, Here is my Suggestion and Review. (Long)

+
[This post is WIP. I will add more to the post when I get more ideas]
TL;DR - Just read the green texts

How is it going mercs!
After investing 150 hours into the game, I had a few things that I felt while playing the game, and some improvements that I felt were necessary or would improve the game significantly.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Review
Before I get to the list of suggestions, I want to talk about the actual game first. Long story short, I kind of liked it, despite all the missing features and bugs. For me, bugs did exist but weren't game-breaking, mostly small visual bugs. I liked the story, It was fun to play through, was hoping it was just a bit longer though. Overall, I think the game was fun, but I felt that a lot was missing and that there is high potential to the game once CDPR fixes and adds all the things back into the game.

Oh, and amazing job on the OST, it was fantastic. My personal favorite is 'Been Good To Know Ya'.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Suggestions
This is actually the main reason why I wrote the post. I saw a lot of people voicing out in the forums, and decided to take part too. there are a couple of sections I divided Suggestions into. And I get it that CDPR's current goal should be to fix the game-breaking bugs and other major issues, but I am hoping that in a couple of months these features will be added to the game.

Highlighted texts are additions that I think should be prioritized. (Also in green so that your eyes won't hurt reading this! :D)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Clothing
Honestly - I think I should keep the whole section highlighted for this one. I don't know where to start, but I'll list some points and explain.

Using the Clothing I want
- I get that clothing that you get later should be stronger. However, there are a lot of ways where you can't use the clothing you like. The biggest reason would be clothing mod slots. A simple solution to this would be to add Transmog. (Please) Similar to universal ornaments in Destiny 2, but that you can put any clothing you want so that you can be free of being forced to wear clothes with the best mod slots and stats. This could work by letting the players use the special section to change the appearance of V, or simply having two spaces for each section of clothing - Stat and Visual. If that is not possible, an alternative solution will be that you can get clothing crafting spec when you dismantle clothing.

It would look something like this -
Clothing.png

(Sorry I am not great with editing pictures)
As you can see in the picture, Only the items in the Armor slot will affect your stats. If there is an item in the corresponding outfit slot, it will be shown instead. If there is a Suit item, the item will hide every other item.
Missions

Another thing I noticed was that it was not possible to replay missions. Although I know why - It's going to be a ton of work to isolate each mission (save the map) since the map does not reset after we finish a given mission. All things considered though, being able to redo the mission, with my current character instead of just going back to the save before the mission would be a nice addition.

One idea I thought of was using BDs - In your apartment. That would be a great way to use your apartments and to use BD technology.

I am definitely not asking for this feature so I can take some cool pictures and wallpapers from photo mode.
Customization

I think customization in games is more important than a lot of people think. having your character look great somehow makes your playthrough more fun, and there is fun in dressing up your character. However, In cyberpunk, although there is a lot of cool clothing, the clothing and customization system is underwhelming at best.

Character customization
- It feels weird that in the world where you can literally put a grenade launcher in your arms, you can't change your hairstyle. Players should be able to change their V's physical appearance, similar to when they created their V, in addition to being able to have more types of Tattoos, etc.

Vehicle Customization
- Looking at the vehicles NPC ride, we know that vehicles can be customized. Although we buy customized vehicles, players should be able to edit the cars and make unique cars that they like.

Weapon Customization
- Simple, painting your guns
Romance

The romance was fun! I especially liked Judy's romance. and it was amazing when she kept texting me after the initial.. 'date'. However, I was hoping there were more ways that I can interact with Judy, or other romance characters, such as taking them out for dinner, driving together, or as simple as blowing things up together.
Inventory/Selling/Crafting

heh

Gear Lock
- One of the features that SHOULD be in the game, in my opinion, a simple right-click or something should Lock the gear so that you can't accidentally dismantle or sell the item.

Selling Multiple Items
- It would be so much better if you could select an entire batch of items, or multiple batches of items, instead of having to choose how much quantity you want to sell (selling consumables..).

Crafting Multiple Items
- Similar to selling, having a slider to decide how many items you create will be really helpful, especially for things such as Ammo.
Misc/Not Urgent

Yeah, Other things that I didn't really know where to categorize, are here. Or basically, things that aren't as urgent as the ones above.

More racing?
- That racing mission was pretty fun, hopefully, there's more added in the future :D

Weapon parts colors
- Would be great if we could see the color of them before having to equip, exit inventory, and check.

About the Endings...
- I don't really mind most of the endings being super dark, but I was hoping that there was at least one ending where things work out for V - Maybe even things like V becomes the chip while Johnny takes control of the body, but using misty's pills they can still swap, or like Alt creates a clone of V's body and V lives - while Johnny also lives, anything that's at least happy for people involved.
Thank you

Hey! you made it to the bottom! I know it was a long read - but I hope you got to know my opinion about the game. But there is something more important - what's your opinion about the game, your suggestions? Feel free to write down any suggestions you have - either for this post or the game itself!

Last updated - 12/22/2020 4AM ET

Top Bottom