After 3 years, the same mistakes

+
It sucks if you preferred the old system but as far as I'm concerned, this is a hundred times better.
I could go on about how the old looter shooter system is a worse system but frankly that last sentence of yours says it all. There is nothing to discuss about this with someone whose stance boils down to "X system is bad and made for people who like bad stuff".

Must be.

Surely after decades of gaming, almost exclusively on RPGs, I'm still clueless about how to optimize builds if I like this system more than a typical looter shooter system.
I don't see how what I said is any more of an assertion than what you said, I'm not being hostile to you. I responded to your example of why you thought it was bad with my own opinion. I'm not holding up the old system as some golden design without any flaws, but I don't see how dumbing it down and making it even more of a chore to get what you want makes it better.

Hey though I'm happy for you really, I wish it was me enjoying it, I liked the game a lot. It's still good, but I don't see it being something I could do run after run in anymore personally.

Well, Cyberpunk was a roleplaying game with great ideas, but a lot of halfdone stuff which wouldn't work or work out, like mentioned police system, traffic, basic and kinda uninteresting - but yet acceptable - skill system etc.

Now it's an action game based on an anime. Kinda LOL

With some goods and some bads and some stuff still not working or working out.
And yeah, the "improved" police system is way worse than the old one. I can't remember being attacked as often by police in completely wrong situations before.

I am not going to make this about the police only, but wanted to share a situation, which I tested 3 times (due to a lucky savegame just before it) with the same result: Some goons were standing around doing illegal stuff, 10m aside - a standing police car - with the police completely ignoring the gang. Then the gang aggroed me and started shooting, as I was too close. And when I did the first shot back, the police joined in with the gang, in all 3 cases. Ridicuously stupid.

I am not going to make this about the police only, but wanted to share a situation, which I tested 3 times (due to a lucky savegame just before it) with the same result: Some goons were standing around doing illegal stuff, 10m aside - a standing police car - with the police completely ignoring the gang. Then the gang aggroed me and started shooting, as I was too close. And when I did the first shot back, the police joined in with the gang, in all 3 cases. Ridicuously stupid.
The new police system is incredibly stupid, yeah. Basically any time I do an NCPD scanner hustle and there's a cop walking by they aggro, not sure if it's a bug, but they do.
There's a new scripted gunfight between Scavs and Voodoo Boys outside the clothes shop in Pacifica. I got a wanted level just for watching it.
I get a wanted level for damaging the Delamain car that you need to attack during that one Epistrophy quest.
I get wanted level for doing gigs and attacking hostile gangoons sometimes. It's so dense.

NC is overpoliced now, and dealing with the NCPD with their atrocious ai is making the game more frustrating to deal with than before, to say nothing of how dumb it is to see officers on every street corner in a setting that literally tells you the NCPD is so understaffed they are unable to respond. You can now watch cops walk through crimes in progress and assaults and do zilch, moment you use your gun though? Instant manhunt.

I hope everyone enjoys their GTA style nonsense.

They are still quite outnumbered by the pockets of gangers that respawn everywhere.

You can kinda ignore them if you are a speed demon, or if you memory wipe them. I just keep doing what I want with 1 star as long as I'm on the move, i have to intentionally interact with the cops to keep the ball moving if I wanna brawl. If i duck behind a lamppost by the time the 1 star guys creep up to where I'm at they've already given up on the idea. Mitigation build is holding up alright on very hard at 4 body but they can tag you pretty good sometimes, just can't be asleep at the wheel.

Not that it makes it good because I can do that, but it stays out of my way when I want it to at least.

On the subject of cops, I was talking to Claire before the first race where she says the police are getting paid off so let the races happen. Then I get into a race and the police decide that they need to chase after me.

I think they made a lot of changes in 2.0 but didn't look into how those changes interact with everything they built before it. Not a good idea.

I'm glad with the most changes, but I don't understand why they decided to disable removing mods from the weapons.
Honestly? Probably because at this point crafting is almost useless due to the other changes they made, but they wanted to keep it because they spent so much time on it and well, RPGs are supposed to have crafting.

If you can't remove mods, you have to craft a new weapon to put better mods in. Or, you will spend on crafting better mods. And presumably you are intended to craft weapons because they are no longer upgradeable. Presumably upgrading was removed for the purposes of keeping player power in-line with the level scaling and resultant loot-tiering.

Instead, this crafting overhaul just made everyone collectively say "eff it, crafting isn't worth it, and there's no reason to use anything other than Iconics anyway".

I am not as mad about scaling as everyone else is, but I think in retrospect a lot of the failings of 2.0 are directly resultant from this scaling change. Of all the logical leaps I can make to tie threads TO scaling, I can't put my finger on why they chose to move to scaling -- I guess if I had to put any kind of money on it, it was to make sure that Phantom Liberty was accessible/viable for "everyone". That said, crafting, chrome, skill checks, dialogue options, exploration -- almost every system got hit by strays shots from the scaling gun. They are not bad enough that I think they would have been noticeable if this is the way the game launched in the first place, but it's certainly noticable now. As great of a turnaround as 2.0 was, almost every negative seems to stem from the scaling. Like, scaling itself is not bad -- everything else that was affected by the ripples scaling sent out through the rest of the game, those are pretty close to net-negatives.

It comes down to the majority of the team that developed REDengine (i.e. the Witcher 3 dev team) are no longer employed by CDPR. Those who remain don't have the technical chops that those who came before them had, which is why REDengine 4 is such a mess compared to REDengine 3, and also why CDPR is shifting to Unreal for future games.

It comes down to the majority of the team that developed REDengine (i.e. the Witcher 3 dev team) are no longer employed by CDPR. Those who remain don't have the technical chops that those who came before them had, which is why REDengine 4 is such a mess compared to REDengine 3, and also why CDPR is shifting to Unreal for future games.
I don't think you can fairly compare Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk. Most of the environment in Witcher 3 is trees, water and empty land with a scattering of monsters thrown in. Even then, you see early examples of some of the problems that would later affect Cyberpunk (on release), eg if you moved around too quickly all the NPCs in a given section of Novigrad would sometimes appear in a single clump before rushing off to their proper positions.

Top Bottom