Amp up the frequency!

+
If the gangs (including the police) were more frequent in chasing and fighting each other, it would be more convincing for the immersion. It sells the dangerousness of Night City. It's funny to hear sirens and gunshots around the city but an actual lack of conflict to watch or engage with. The rarity of "WTF?!" moments in the game is obnoxiously noticeable. They're really cool when you see them, but they are so extremely rare that in-game dialog that talks about being afraid of a stray bullet is laughable.

I think that 2.0+ has done a lot to make actual conflict more explosive and violent (for V), but the world itself is still "relaxing" for pedestrians and people meandering around the city in vehicles.

I think one of my biggest surprises was Junkies in Dog Town. Some random person walking up to you saying crazy shit and then it gets violent. I honestly think this should have been a property of not only them, but the gangs and ordinary night citizens. Particularly when you mention the ubiquitous fear of cyberpsychosis, it's obviously weird that there are so few people in the game that exhibit "dangerous" as an element of their existence.

Top Bottom