All about installing Implants

+
Hey guys. I have something that I am thinking about for my fanfiction I want to write.
Don't know though, where to start the discussion...so I start here...and maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

So: I have an OC , which is really not modded at all. But because she is a ongoing Merc/Smuggler she needs all kinds of stuff like a shartport etc.

My questions are:
What do you think how the preperartion and installing of the Upgrades are taken?
What the ripperdoc has to do and for how long?
How long is the surgery?
How long will recovery take?

I am very thankfull for your input.
Cheers

Another writer! I had to tackle these same questions for my first chapter. I'd point you to the player's handbooks for Cyberpunk 2020 and Cyberpunk RED. They go into a bit of detail about using nanites and cyberarms for implants. You'll also get to see a wide range of companies and chrome to add to your mental notes.

But to more directly answer:
Prep work for anything invasive (e.g. Biomon, cybereyes, arms, etc.) would depend on a few things in my mind. Mainly the skill level of the ripper, the IRL medical prep/operation times, and the tools available to the ripper. For example, a Biomon installation. You would need no recent injuries near the sternum or ribcage for a few months, to ensure there is no fresh scar tissue. Assuming your ripper had a medical license and made a good eddie, they would have anti-septic spray on hand and nanites to handle the detailed work of wiring the disk to all the organs. The surgery itself would be a matter of opening the skin with an autopsy Y-cut and cutting the front of the ribcage off to place the biomon. He/she/they could use nanites to quickly and safely wire the chrome up, then reassemble the patient's chest. Recovery time could be anywhere from a few hours (with top-shelf treatment) to several weeks.

Top Bottom