Free Cyberpunk 2077 Trial — Frequently Asked Questions

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED

Eager to try out Cyberpunk 2077? We've gathered answers to the most important questions you might have in regards to the free trial in the FAQ below:

What platforms is the trial available on?

The trial is available on current-gen consoles: PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.

When exactly will the trial be available and when will it end?

The trial starts on Thursday, March 28th at 4 PM CET (8 AM PDT) and ends on Monday, April 1st at 8:59 AM CEST (March 31st, 11:59 PM PDT).

How long can I play?

You can play for 5 hours during the trial's availability.

Can I play the trial multiple times?

You can only play the trial once with your account. Once 5 hours of gameplay pass, the trial will end and can't be unlocked again.

If I buy the game later, can I keep playing from where I finished my trial, or do I need to start over?

Yes, your trial save progress will carry over to the full game if you purchase it later.

I own the base game, can I try Phantom Liberty?

The trial is available for the Cyberpunk 2077 base game only.

How much space do I need to install the trial?

The trial requires a download of the full game, which is around 99.3 GB on PlayStation 5 and around 103 GB on Xbox Series X|S.

I share my console — can both of us play the trial on the same machine?

As long as you have seperate user accounts, you can play the trial on the same console.

Cyberpunk 2077 is not available in my region. Can I still play the trial?

The trial is only available in the same regions that Cyberpunk 2077 is currently available in.

Is any subscription required to play the trial?

The trial is available for free to all Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 owners and no subscription is required. The only exception is in Germany, where PlayStation 5 owners who do not have a PlayStation®Plus subscription must pay a small, non-refundable fee of €0.15 due to SIE policy.

Will there be a trial for PC users?

No. Due to technical reasons, we are not able to provide the trial for PCs in the same way as for consoles.

I own the game for play station and recently sold my station because I'm PC gaming these days, can't afford to buy the again right now 😭 , too bad the one software purchase did t cover any system.

You can only play the trial once with your account. Once 5 hours of gameplay have passed, the trial will end and cannot be unlocked again. 🤬😡😡What 5 hours just unacceptable 😤
Post automatically merged:

ΤWhat a good 5 hours, just let us play as much as we want

It's about three years too late to be giving out a glorified demo. Besides, the first five hours of the game is essentially cutscenes anyway. I don't know how many people are going to want to wait 10 hours downloading a game that will take up a fifth of their console hard drive just to play a game for half an hour.

At this point, 3 years later with all development work ceased, it would be more enticing to would-be buyers to permanently lower the price of the game than to give a time-limited demo of the same massive file size.

I can't help but to notice the Porsche on that image is sitting extremely high in the rear, haha. Did somebody jack it up?

oh, er, well.... yeah. Whats with the recent push out of CDPR crew posting "tid bits"? Is something about to happen?

Top Bottom