Am I the only one that thinks in game sounds are...bad?

+
I've been thinking about this since I first loaded up the game. This is regarding to specifically vehicle and gun sounds.
The cars in the game sound extremely underwhelming and unbelievable. Higher rpms don't sound like you're really in higher rpms and etc. Johnny's 911 especially sounds terrible. (I own 2 911's and really hated how it sounded.) The motorcycles also sound like scooters, jackie's arch is especially bad. Which I found surprising given that Arch is Keanu's brand? I figured those would be a lot more refined.

Guns in this game also have terrible feedback sound. They don't feel captivating like we've been seeing in other recent shooters that have come out. Everything from muzzle flash, recoil, and the sound just sounds...not too lovable.

Yeah, I have to agree. Particularly the Avenger, and the Dukes of Hazard type 66, the revs sound, I dunno, robotic? They don't flow like they should. Sorry not being a car person, the proper words escape me. If you've heard them then you should know what I mean. The Nomad type 66 sounds great though.

Same with guns and grenades going off, they sound a bit tinny most of the time.

The thing I have most issue with though is sounds getting stuck, that need a quick save and reload to get rid of.

Hmm, when discussing sound effects I consider car sounds just a little aspect of a game (unless it's a racing game of course).

There might be some room for improvement on particular effects but overall I am pretty satisfied with the sound in this game.
For example all these background noises in the city create a nice atmosphere (adverts, news etc.).

Top Bottom