An explanation, or even apolgy, of sorts

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
My comments on these forums have all been negative due to frustration, even anger at the product I was sold.
I'm kinda sorry for that.

Some of that anger and frustration is directed at myself, for actually believing that in these days, a product would actually match it's advertised goals.

My issue is purely with the owners/management of the company that made the decisions resulting in what we have today.
A product that in terms of AI, visuals, story, the all wonderful "immersion" that was touted as being the best ever, is no where near the standard of titles released many years ago.

I want to make it clear that I hold no animosity to the actual "hands on" workers who put many years of hard work into CP2077. I don't blame them at all for the product that was released. If their experiences of working in IT are any where similar to the 12 years I spent as an infrastructure and systems engineer, I truly understand what they are going through. Put your heart and soul into a job and see mainly anger and frustration as a result, when you have no influence over any decision made.

IMHO, the owners/management put profit first, second and third. They used the loyalty of players gained mainly through the Witcher series to generate huge pre-sales and then later the "holiday season" sales, made even stronger by a lot of people wanting something to ease the covid restrictions, and treated them with contempt, the revenue gained was (judging by the what was released) not put back into developing the product.

So, where did it go?

Despite some people having few issues (initially I was in that boat) the vast majority have had a very poor experience. Even to the extent that Sony pulled the title, and class action lawsuits have been raised. The best that can come of this is that the industry as a whole gets a shake up and learns. But I doubt it.

CDPR are no different than any other company in this world today, profit and return to investors are the reason they exist. Basic capitalism, maximise your profit using the least expenditure.

Please don't blame, or aim your hate, disappointment and vitriol at the every day worker who did their best and are possibly more disappointed in the final product that the majority of customers are, it's not their fault, they don't deserve it.

Also, a shout out to the moderators on this forum. Great job, other forums wouldn't allow some of the posts here. You're letting people vent and that's good thing.

I've sent the game to \dev\null, written it off for the next year at least. If it survives and gets the love and attention it deserves I might revisit it in 12-18 months.

Sorry to all the employees of CDPR who worked hard for this result, it must be devastating.

Tubit

Forum regular
Good for you. I had yet to see anyone directing anger and frustration at themselves for buying an untested product. Behind all of the posturing, anger and resentment, there's one truth that people seem particularly uninterested in touching on: they are all ultimately responsible for their own decision to make the purchase.

Yes, you can mislead the public by hyping up a game to a limited degree, but ultimately the truth will come out. Those who bought the game were too impatient or bought the game despite the negative reactions. Those who own up to that fact, don't see the need to go on the forums to yell and dispense pointless toxicity at the the community (because the community are the only ones reading this).

Yeah, There is shared blame, but you can't excuse the management for (seemingly) deliberately producing hype and advertisements, then not provide the product they were advertising. It's like they were advertising a Jaguar and hyping about it's supercar performance but delivering a Hyundai Excel. Well at least they both have four wheels I guess.....

It's a sad world when we actually expect, and know that the product advertised will never match reality. And don't forget, if the buyers (community) didn't scream blue murder, they wouldn't produce any "fixes".

It's deceit, It's fraud, just because it's now seemingly acceptable and normal practice doesn't make it right.

That we readily accept and expect to be deceived is a sad indictment on us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom