Another matchmaking question

+
Another matchmaking question

A couple of days ago, i finally started using a ST deck. I don't yet have a very good sense of how the cards work, so i picked whatever cards i liked and made a, not so ideal, 34 card deck. I noticed that i get matched a lot against other ST players ( not just weather spam, but different ST decks ). Most of the opponents i face ( from whatever faction ), use a lot of cards, 35 on average, just like i do. I rarely saw people with more of 27-28 cards before.

Is that a thing in matchmaking? Matching people with similar decks? Similar as in similar cards or similar number of cards? Oh, i'm talking about casual mode.

Opinions vary. I have maintained since very early in CB that the cards in your deck (more the specifics and not the volume) influence the matchmaking scheme. Mill decks don't see a lot of discard decks. Old Henselt used to see very few weather decks. Etc, etc.

That said, the Devs deny that there is any connection and most people write me off as a crackpot. So, I guess form your own decision.

Currently I'm playing a Radovid deck that sees very little SK, and I couldn't be happier with it.

frbfree;n9038240 said:
Opinions vary. I have maintained since very early in CB that the cards in your deck (more the specifics and not the volume) influence the matchmaking scheme. Mill decks don't see a lot of discard decks. Old Henselt used to see very few weather decks. Etc, etc.

That said, the Devs deny that there is any connection and most people write me off as a crackpot. So, I guess form your own decision.

Currently I'm playing a Radovid deck that sees very little SK, and I couldn't be happier with it.

I can guarantee there's no connection between the decks and the matchmaking.

There is definitely some algorithm but I don't think it has to do anything with cards you have or maybe not even leader. I just not that sometimes you get weird streak of playing against one faction.
For example when I made my NR deck i played against NR around 7-8 matches in a row. Then it switches to some other faction.

that is not first time that i got streaks like that, what are the odds.

frbfree;n9038240 said:

From the beginning of the OB until a couple of days ago, i exclusively used a Radovid deck. At first i didn't see a lot of SK, but after the patch, when the SK craze started, i faced a lot of SK ( the Redanian knights were very thankful for the weather spam! )

About the part of the quote i put in bold letters, i also got that sense before i even started playing ST.
When i crafted and started using Renew, suddenly everyone uses Renew. I had barely, once or twice, seen that card before.
Before i switched to ST, i ditched my "good" golds ( Igni, Renew etc ) and my silvers and crafted some more fun cards. I started using cards like Bekker's mirror and Priscilla, cards which, like Renew, i had barely seen before, and suddenly i play against people who use those cards. Not a lot of people, mind you, but if you have only seen a card once or twice before, the number is noticeable.

So, it's either:
1. I'm a Gwent genious, people see the cards i use and start copying me. - Nah, i guess not.
2. It's just a big coincidence. - That would be too much of a coincidence.
3. The matchmaking has something to do with your cards. - Hmm...

Top Bottom