Any Batman Beyond Fans here?

+
Any Batman Beyond Fans here?

Anyone here would want a Batman Beyond game by Rocksteady in a furistic cyberpunk world.?

Sorry, babe.

It was just so...repetitive. And Catwoman was boring. I didn't feel as much like Batman anymore. Maybe it was the missile pod full of Batsuit..I dunno.

Zaied

Forum regular
Yeah, that would be amazing. I love Batman Beyond and the whole DCAU in its entirety. A Batman Beyond game would be awesome using all the gadgets and flying around Neo Gotham.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Rocksteady do a Green Arrow game.

Forum veteran
"This, but Batman Beyond" was pretty much my first thought after Arkham City. It'd probably be difficult because of how unmemorable many of the villains are, though. Inque and Curaré and a few others are awesome, but Payback, Mad Stan, and way too many others are just straight-up sad.

Seconded. Not liking Arkham City is basically announcing to the world that you have poor taste.

"This, but Batman Beyond" was pretty much my first thought after Arkham City. It'd probably be difficult because of how unmemorable many of the villains are, though. Inque and Curaré and a few others are awesome, but Payback, Mad Stan, and way too many others are just straight-up sad.

Seconded. Not liking Arkham City is basically announcing to the world that you have poor taste.

well you only need 1 enemy really, and the Jokerz street gang works well too as a secondary enemy. Not sure if you have seen the new Batman animated movies The Dark Knight returns, you can use the punk/mutant villiain from there as the villiain here. But i agree Beyond had kinda weak enemies not a fan of Inque.

Forum veteran
Maybe, but part of the fun of the Arkham games was seeing all of the different villains. If they chose the right ones, though, then I'd absolutely be down with a Batman Beyond game.

Haven't seen the new movies, but the royal flush gang would probably also make a pretty good central villain, especially with Ten and all the complexity that follows her. Dead Man's Hand was one of the better episodes.

Maybe, but part of the fun of the Arkham games was seeing all of the different villains. If they chose the right ones, though, then I'd absolutely be down with a Batman Beyond game.

Haven't seen the new movies, but the royal flush gang would probably also make a pretty good central villain, especially with Ten and all the complexity that follows her. Dead Man's Hand was one of the better episodes.

WATCH: Batman: Dark Knight Returns Part 1 and 2

i agree your encounter with different villains was a big part of it. the game could use new more interesting bad guys but it wont be the same.
not sure if you watched the beyond movie, it had a few interesting villains.

But 221...I like Cyberpunk. And you like Cyberpunk. Hmm. HMMM.

Perhaps Rocksteady's idea of Batman isn't to my taste? I prefer Batman Begins or Dark Knight - the comic. Or Year One. Or Killing Joke. I found Asylum and City fun but very...game-y.

I can't recall any of Batman Beyond's villains. Wait..wasn't there an athlete on super steroids? I remember that. First episode? Second? Whatever.

Also, skinny kid in supersuit has been replaced by...'roid monster in supersuit? Ironic.

Forum veteran
not sure if you watched the beyond movie, it had a few interesting villains.
Which Beyond movie? I saw the Joker one, but I thought that was it as far as the movies go. Is there another one? I'll definitely try to find those bolded Batman movies, though.

But 221...I like Cyberpunk. And you like Cyberpunk. Hmm. HMMM.
Nice try, but I didn't know that Cyberpunk existed until January. Never played a P&P game in my life, either. Not even sure how it works. I'm assuming it's some form of ancient magic that involves cards and chanting, because it's fun to believe that. Besides, that way I can imagine you guys in all kinds of cool cult robes. Very stylish.

That being said, I do like the idea of people going robo-crazy and chopping people up, which is why I'm here. My love of chopped people. That and this forum being blue and pretty and full of people who are fun to hit.

Also, skinny kid in supersuit has been replaced by...'roid monster in supersuit? Ironic.
Not replaced—he grows up to be like that. The DCAU has him like that in the Justice League episode that finishes off the story.

Well, I thought Shriek had a very cool episode revolving about sound and silence.

There's also Batman Beyond comics. Anyone here read them? How good are they? How do they expand on the series' legacy?

Anyway, I would have probably liked Arkham City if it had got anything resembling support on the PC. The framerate reduced to a stutter when in interiors and, when you got to the fight with the Penguin it went just unplayable. I'm talking about the directx 11 compatibility problems and the GOTY PHISICAL version of the game. Has anyone played this on their pc and had any of the patches released work with their games? I just love it when specialized media don't tell you these things...

Shriek has great boss battle mechanics, the way he manipulates sound and makes all sound disappear a audio engineer would have a field day designing the sound for that boss battle.

As I understand it, Mad Stan is actually a fan favorite. That's how he managed to appear in more than one episode, apparently. It probably has a lot to do with Henry Rollins' hilariously over-the-top performance. They even managed to throw in a reference to his role in Johnny Mnemonic in his first appearance.

You could also show old villains, like in the series they showed bane how old and crippled he was. maybe the game could be about a group trying to ressurect the Joker. But no lazarus pit i hated that whole section it made batman more supernatural which i didnt like.

You could also show old villains, like in the series they showed bane how old and crippled he was. maybe the game could be about a group trying to ressurect the Joker. But no lazarus pit i hated that whole section it made batman more supernatural which i didnt like.

I always thought of those things as more like one of those semi-miraculous naturally occurring substances that sometimes show up as convenient plot devices in certain science-fiction stories than anything magical. Besides, they've been part of the Batman mythos since the early 70s at least, back when things like that weren't considered cringe-inducingly cheesy, and without them there's no way to keep bringing Ra's al Ghul back, so like them or not, they're probably not going anywhere. You know how badly comic book fans react to change.

Sorry, babe.

It was just so...repetitive. And Catwoman was boring. I didn't feel as much like Batman anymore. Maybe it was the missile pod full of Batsuit..I dunno.

There was a great vid on Game Trailers where they all weighed in on the topic, and after donning their rose-colored glasses, proclaimed Arkham Asylum the better game. Why? Too much trivial side content. And I agree, AC has too much trivial side content. But it also had a better and longer SP campaign, better level design, better combat, more freedom in how we approached the story, better boss battles, and lastly, a FAR superior ending. Yes I used caps fo' that. :p

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/1vbo1v/the-final-verdict-the-best-batman

Calling them "rose coloured glases" is an insult. to roses.

It's also what we do when we feel superior to someone's evaluation of a thing, typically due to our superior perceptive powers based on our inherent "realistic" view. "Better" is such a variable. Past certain basic standards, it almost loses it's value as a measuring tool. I found the combat in AA "better" because it felt more hemmed-in. Weird but true.

Or maybe they really were rose coloured glasses.

What I know is, I couldn't get very far into AC because I got bored. That tedium I spoke of reached out and gripped me hard, brother! AC seems like a very good game, but AA just had more..zing, I guess? I didn't finish AA either - got to the part after the Croc fight, as I recall. However, I played hell out of it, playing and replaying fights and predator sequences, so I felt pretty happy with my investment.

I dunno. Maybe I got tired of Detective mode.

It's a fragile thing, this idea of "greatness". I feel Witcher 2 had it, but just barely. I feel Deus Ex had it, but again, just barely. I feel like Skyrim, for all it's many flaws, had it easily, but I won't be putting Skyrim on any top 10 of my favourite games. Certainly enjoyed DXHR and W1 and 2 more.

I think I enjoyed Arkham Asylum more intensely than at any point in Skyrim, although I enjoyed and enjoy Skyrim for longer periods. Going by duration, my greatest game is World of Warcraft and certainly I had some amazing times in it.

I'd still like to see a Batman Beyond game, even of they do 'roid him out . Cyber Batman would rule.

I'd like to see Dark Knight the RPG even more, though. With a great combat system so you can, actually, fight Superman.

Or talk him down. Whatever.

You didn't even finish it? Jesus Sard...

Anyway, Batman Beyond is a poor idea. If anything I'd like a 1920's Batman. Old school. Noir. Bloody as fuckin' hell.

Forum veteran
Not finishing AC means you missed out on one of the ballsiest endings of all time.

Honestly, I think half of enjoying a game is fighting past any tedium that's present. Very few games have incredible pacing, but could you imagine if you had given up on, say, Planescape because of how tedious the mortuary can be? Lots of games are back-heavy like that when it comes to their awesomeness.

Also, if you want to fight Superman then I have four words for you: Justice League Task Force.

Top Bottom