Challenge mode mod

+
Disclaimer : this post is a conceptual idea adressed to the Cyberpunk team or any independent dev with too much free time. The main focus is to suggest additional content inspired by the BATMAN ARKHAM and HITMAN series, in a controlled environnement rather than story mode. If anyone find the concept interesting, please share any ideas that could be of value for modders.

BETTER THAN NEWGAME++

There should be a "Challenge mode" designed in a similiar fashion as the one in the Batman Arkham's games. It would dramatically increase the replayability of the game and could add a multiplayer dimension with leaderboards. It would be divided into two modes with different arenas each with a theme (factions, ennemy type, environment...)

Fighting Mode:
In an arena with few covers and place to hide, you fight waves of ennemies with the objective of getting the highest possible score, through 4 rounds and a boss in the last one. A combo system should be implemented with a timer that resets every time you hit an ennemy or perform certain actions. You could also have arenas with infinite waves.

Infiltration Mode :
A good blueprint for that mode would be the game(s) Hitman. In order to complete the mission, you have a set of actions to perform like assassinating someone under specific conditions, recover an object, access a computer... Discretion should be rewarded. It could be interesting to use the Behavioral Imprint-synced Faceplate ability to encourage swapping costumes much like Agent 47.

In both modes, if you are able to complete the mission, you are rewarded extra points to your score for performing certain actions and a rank (bronze, silver, gold... or 1 star, 2 stars... ). Fighting/Infiltration missions could be unlocked by completing specific missions or events in story mode (or not).

I am not a modder and I have no idea how feasible creating such a mod is. I would imagine it should require a lot of work especially for creating the setups and balancing everything.

Many avid Cyberpunk player or high APM speedrunner could really enjoy playing this mod(e)? Just watch a Benjamin_Winters's video on Youtube so you can appreciate how this game is taylor made for this type of content.

P.S: It is my first time posting on this forum, so I'm not sure if I've posted in the right category. I'm not sure my message makes sense to be honest but I'm willing to discuss with anyone who wants to partcipate.

Last edited:
Personally I hate it when games artificially pad out their playtime or playability with generic algorithm generated gameplay loops. I don't want to sound pretentious and say that everything in a video game must suit a greater purpose, but if I wanted to mindlessly jump through hoops I'd do it in the real world or pray I get reincarnated as a dog.

Personally I hate it when games artificially pad out their playtime or playability with generic algorithm generated gameplay loops. I don't want to sound pretentious and say that everything in a video game must suit a greater purpose, but if I wanted to mindlessly jump through hoops I'd do it in the real world or pray I get reincarnated as a dog.
To each his own. What I'm suggesting is not exclusive to playing open world. It's actually supposed to be complementary. Just like in the Batman Arkham series.

The fighting mode I talked about is supposed to be in a loop format and I can see your point. Now it is meant to be action packed and "ready to go". Some people like me might like it and play it for training/testing purposes, because they enjoy highscoring or they just love chaining combos for easy dopamine.

On the other hand, I don't see how your argument works with the infiltration mode I mentionned. What I'm saying is basically take the game Hitman and make the better version using Cyberpunk. Sounds crazy? I know right?

Well, considering 90% of Hitman gameplay mechanics are already in the game like hiding bodies, swapping identities, dozens of differents ways to kill silently..., some modders might see where I'm going with this, and give it a try. On top of that, wallhacks could add another layer of complexity to the mode. I'm not saying creating scenarios would be an easy task, I'm just suggesting the idea that maybe someone can make it his own.

Top Bottom