Anyone played Mount & Blade or Magicka

+
Anyone played Mount & Blade or Magicka

Hello, i was reascently on steam and a game i had seen before but not bought is on offer as well as its first expansion and its second expansion which is out in the next fews days (i guess the reason its on offer on steam)Anyway all 3 are going for £13 and i was wondering if anyone had played it?I also noticed it is being published partly by CDProjekt.From what i can tell it is quite a good game, open sandbox free roaming warfare.The other game i was looking at was Magicka, i downloaded the demo and it was very good if not realy hard, anyone got the full version of that?

I have and like Magicka. I find it very hard to play however in Singelplayer. You see, the game really has a multi player emphasis and it doesn't scale difficulty. Neither does it have a way to decrease or increase its difficulty.The big focus really is on the multi player. The story and world is full of funny references (such as The Highlander or Grim Fandango) but in the end the game is about having fun with some mates.I agree with TotalBiscuit on calling it "The Mage Suicide Simulator".You die so many times in the weirdest way, due to both enemies and friends (Yes, that is in fact the best part of the game) that it becomes a hilarious experience.

I play Mount and Blade now and then. The big kick with the game is its combat system and the many mods that are out on the market. If you're looking for a game where you want to brutally slaughter people this is a game for you.There's not that much of a story or anything except combat in the standard versions so I recommend you get some mods to spice up the gameplay. http://forums.taleworlds.com/ Overall I would recommend the game,I'm actually waiting for With Fire and Sword, and will probably get it once the game is released.

Played Mount & Blade and Warband pretty intensely for a while. Great tactical sandboxed RPG. The Modding scene makes for great replayability :)Recently played The Sims Medieval and enjoyed it very much. Hard to pin the genre down except it is in the sim/adventure/rpg vicinity. It's all about questing, building and being a royal busybody to all and sundry in the realm.Just got Magicka since I realized I actually knew more than a few people involved in the making of the game. Imagine not having played it if asked for an opinion ;) Playing Magicka single player is neutering the game. With a couple of friends it's just mayhem in a can of whop-behind :) The humor and the Swedish chef spoken dialog makes it a keeper.

Well i got the Mount & Blade 3 pack thing on steamFANTASTICalthough warband seems to me, to be an updated standalone of the first game, it still is great.Great value, good fun, rivals my The Witcher Purchase in terms of greatness :DIt also slightly reminds me of a game i got from the same publisher, Paradox Interactive, if anyone has played it,Europa Universails 3/complete?Very open world sandbox political game.I would say Mount & Blade feels like a mix of The Witcher and Europa Universalis.

Can I ask what's new in Mount & Blade: With fire and sword, except the historical factions? I own the original and warband, but I don't it that much lately, so I was wondering if there will be any major improvements.

ferryman10 said:
Can I ask what's new in Mount & Blade: With fire and sword, except the historical factions? I own the original and warband, but I don't it that much lately, so I was wondering if there will be any major improvements.
Based on the trailers, there's supposed to be different mainstories depending which faction you choose, other than that the guns and the historical approach I assume it's mainly small stuffs. After all the difference between Warband and the original game was minimum. So you could look at it as an official mod, yet I prefer the real stuff over a fanmade mod.

Top Bottom