Audio crackling on Xbox Series X

+
I’ve played this game a shit ton since patch 1.5 and have experienced audio crackling every single time I’ve played. I have somewhat of a weird setup where I’m using a dac/amp through my tv’s optical instead of using my headphones with a controller. No matter what headphones I use it crackles, in the controller or plugged into the dac, and it comes through my tv. The crackling is also recorded through game clips, so I’m 99% sure it’s the game and not an interference issue. I love this game and have a blast playing it, but honestly this bug or whatever it is can be extremely irritating. I’ve seen other people describe this issue on Reddit, and it seems like it’s only happening on Xbox. I know pc players had a similar issue at launch and solved it by lowering audio quality, but obviously I can’t do that. I’ve tried every potential fix I’ve seen, but nothing has worked. Honestly I think this will remain forever, which is really unfortunate because it hinders my enjoyment. I’ll submit a report to cdpr, but I’m curious if anyone else has experienced this? On any platform. Like I said I’ve seen posts, but there’s really not a lot of them, which makes me wonder if it is an issue on my end even though I doubt it at this point. Here's a video showing it, i turned every volume option to 0 except for dialogue so it's just a bunch of npcs screaming lol, it showcases the crackling pretty good though.

Last edited:
I'm on Series X too, and I encountered this weird crackling sounds at time but not only with Cyberpunk, on several other games. But since I changed an audio setting in the Xbox System, no issue since (I don't remember which one^^).

Edit : Just for info and maybe worth to try, I switched from the one by default (don't remember which format it was) to Dolby Digital.

Last edited:
I get intermittent crackling, popping, fizzing etc. particularly in intense areas or during fps drops on Series X or when I open my guide. One persistent issue I’ve found on both my Xbox and PC is the double jump cyberware causes a popping sound towards the end of the sound effect. Happens every single time no matter the audio setup and is recorded in clips so it’s definitely an in game issue.

Yeah this is super annoying and needs to be fixed. 2.0 made it worse. Now it happens so much especially when using timeslow effects like deadeye. Fix this! Its been here since day 1!
Post automatically merged:

I'm on Series X too, and I encountered this weird crackling sounds at time but not only with Cyberpunk, on several other games. But since I changed an audio setting in the Xbox System, no issue since (I don't remember which one^^).

Edit : Just for info and maybe worth to try, I switched from the one by default (don't remember which format it was) to Dolby Digital.
Does dolby digital still work with headphones? This problem is most notible to me when using headphones but I only see "Dolby digital for Headphones" in that setting. And that is a paid subscription...

Does dolby digital still work with headphones? This problem is most notible to me when using headphones but I only see "Dolby digital for Headphones" in that setting. And that is a paid subscription...
Ah, I can't say, I never tried on headphones :(
It was quite annoying and it happened in several games, so I set "HDMI Audio" (speakers) to Dobly Digital. And since, no more crackling (no idea why).
Not sure in the Headphones settings it's the same, for me it's "Dolby Atmos" (Not an expert, but Dolby Atmos should be "3D sounds", instead of "2D sounds" for dobly digital).

Ah, I can't say, I never tried on headphones :(
It was quite annoying and it happened in several games, so I set "HDMI Audio" (speakers) to Dobly Digital. And since, no more crackling (no idea why).
Not sure in the Headphones settings it's the same, for me it's "Dolby Atmos" (Not an expert, but Dolby Atmos should be "3D sounds", instead of "2D sounds" for dobly digital).
Yeah I tried the dolby thing on headphones and it didn't work sadly. I think this problem is pretty unique to Cyberpunk though as the popping happens with specific triggers, like double jump. I've experienced popping in other games and apps to but there it was always at random times, and not as much.

I think this problem is pretty unique to Cyberpunk though as the popping happens with specific triggers, like double jump.
Yeah, double jump trigger a weird sound, but nothing near to the (loud) and annoying "cracklings" like I got "randomly" when driving for example (the video in the OP illustrate it perfectly).
First, I though it was the game, but I also experienced these crackling in few other games (KCD is one of them), so I checked the only thing which come in my mind, audio output on the console itself.
And since I changed the HDMI audio setting, no more crackling sound. I don't include double jump, because I'm pretty confident it's a game issue (and nothing we can do by our own anyway).

Its unplayable after 2.0. It was okay if you didn't use double jump before that, which sounded like this:
Which was really too bad since double jump was so awesome, oh well.

After 2.0 its gotten way worse to the point that there is no point in playing anymore. Slow time effects like deadeye and crowds screaming make unbearable popping sounds. I'm gonna take a break from the game now because of this. No response from CDPR of this problem. They dont seem to care. Another person posted this a while back of the new crowd popping:

Its not the audio setup, its the game. It happens consistently with certain triggers and it can be recorded with the in-console capture feature.

Such a great game slain by such a stupid bug.

Top Bottom